Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

If they opened up everything tomorrow.Wouldn’t that cause a huge surge in demand and thus cause inflation to spike?

Most tangible goods can be purchased online anyway so I dont think it would have too much of an effect on inflation.....:ph34r:

Edited by Nalis

18 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

At what point can we start categorising deaths "due" to Covid instead of any cause 28 days after a positive test? 

I get it when we were at 1000+ deaths a day there was no time but surely now the numbers are 95% lower than that we can be more accurate?

Also feel the death numbers should be split into "overnight" deaths and "backdated" deaths for clarity.

For example out of the 40 registered today, how many of those people died overnight purely of Covid?

Correct it should be easy to get the data required to actually tell the public how many of these deaths were actually due to Covid.

My gut feeling is they’ll soon be scratching around trying to find covid deaths if they haven’t already.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Correct it should be easy to get the data required to actually tell the public how many of these deaths were actually due to Covid.

My gut feeling is they’ll soon be scratching around trying to find covid deaths if they haven’t already.

The ONS already report these figures on a weekly basis,  just Google it

11 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

The ONS already report these figures on a weekly basis,  just Google it

So you can actually find out the deaths from covid rather than just with covid, that’s interesting I wish I’d known that sooner.

How long have they been reporting it that way? Must of been difficult when there were 100s of daily deaths 

1 minute ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

So you can actually find out the deaths from covid rather than just with covid, that’s interesting I wish I’d known that sooner.

How long have they been reporting it that way? Must of been difficult when there were 100s of daily deaths 

Not sure,  but think they have always produced weekly cause of death statistics,  taken from death certificates.  I have referenced them in previous posts.

15 minutes ago, Robo61 said:

Not sure,  but think they have always produced weekly cause of death statistics,  taken from death certificates.  I have referenced them in previous posts.

I'm sceptical of these figures though, as it states "Number of deaths of people whose death certificate mentioned COVID-19 as one of the causes". That's very ambiguous without knowing the criteria for 'mentioning' Covid. One would suggest it was very loose indeed as by this count we have tens of thousands more deaths than by the 'died within 28 days of a positive test' figure.

Lost two people from my pre covid Leicester office this weekend, both after having received the vaccine apparently. Both left young children and were still young themselves, it's absolutely tragic. The lad was one of our own, too, followed City and England home and away. 

Edited by FoxesDeb
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 4

6 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

Lost two people from my pre covid Leicester office this weekend, both as a result of the vaccine apparently. Both left young children and were still young themselves, it's absolutely tragic. The lad was one of our own, too, followed City and England home and away. 

Two people have died as a result of taking the vaccine? ! Have I read that correctly?

5 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

Two people have died as a result of taking the vaccine? ! Have I read that correctly?

I have edited my post since as they had both recently received it and subsequently died of blood clots, but I suppose in theory it could be a coincidence. But yes, both deaths have been confirmed by work, and both the poor souls had just had the vaccine. One confirmed as AZ, the other one not known yet. 

1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:
1 hour ago, DennisNedry said:

I'm sceptical of these figures though, as it states "Number of deaths of people whose death certificate mentioned COVID-19 as one of the causes". That's very ambiguous without knowing the criteria for 'mentioning' Covid. One would suggest it was very loose indeed as by this count we have tens of thousands more deaths than by the 'died within 28 days of a positive test' figure.

Found this https://www.ons.gov.uk/peoplepopulationandcommunity/birthsdeathsandmarriages/deaths/bulletins/monthlymortalityanalysisenglandandwales/january2021

Seems to suggest of the deaths where covid is mentioned on the death certificate around 90% Covid is the leading cause.

Edited by Robo61

3 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Less than 1 patient admission per hospital over the last 7 days.

Zero positive on any of our ICU's (obviously still patients who were positive before), we are also back to our normal critical care footprint.

We are out of the plastic gowns now which is heaven. Still in FFP3 but hopefully moving to regular surgical masks soon to be more comfortable.

A LOT of ICU nurses are resigning now...

Edited by z-layrex
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

I have edited my post since as they had both recently received it and subsequently died of blood clots, but I suppose in theory it could be a coincidence. But yes, both deaths have been confirmed by work, and both the poor souls had just had the vaccine. One confirmed as AZ, the other one not known yet. 

Wow that is tragic and so sad. This is all getting a bit to frequent for me. I'm what you call a bit of covid sceptic (more lockdown than the virus itself) ,but had the jab a few weeks ago just so it makes it easier to get on with the next stage of my life. I'm seriously considering binning the 2nd jab. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

surely that should be picked up by the local press?   we are told that blood clots like this are v rare.  But you had two in the same office ???  

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, FoxesDeb said:

If correct, it's either almost impossible odds that you know 2 people who've both died of clots as a result of vaccination, or there's a scandal brewing! 

16 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

surely that should be picked up by the local press?   we are told that blood clots like this are v rare.  But you had two in the same office ???  

I would expect it to be picked up at some point, yes, at the moment they are both still very recent. But both have been confirmed individually by the respective families, so I have absolutely no reason to doubt the truth around the circumstances. 

And yes, both in the same office of I'm guessing around 500 people? Maybe fewer? 

2 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

If correct, it's either almost impossible odds that you know 2 people who've both died of clots as a result of vaccination, or there's a scandal brewing! 

Yes, and that's why I edited the original post when I said it was as a result of the vaccine, at the moment I suppose we can't draw that conclusion, it may be a coincidence. 

But it is certainly very much too close to home for me at the moment, and I am definitely questioning my recent stance on having the AZ vaccine. 

Once I know a bit more I might owe at least one poster an apology regarding their own reticence. 

2 hours ago, z-layrex said:

Zero positive on any of our ICU's (obviously still patients who were positive before), we are also back to our normal critical care footprint.

We are out of the plastic gowns now which is heaven. Still in FFP3 but hopefully moving to regular surgical masks soon to be more comfortable.

A LOT of ICU nurses are resigning now...

What's the main reason?