Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

8 hours ago, Innovindil said:

Just throwing it out there since I'm in the same boat, me and my brothers suffer from protein c deficiency, my GP has said don't touch it, we'll be allowed to have one of the other ones. :thumbup:

That's interesting.

Mrs B has a protein S deficiency, which is also a blood-clotting disorder; I assume it's a similar thing?

Fortunately she had the Pfizer jab early on.

36 minutes ago, Buce said:

That's interesting.

Mrs B has a protein S deficiency, which is also a blood-clotting disorder; I assume it's a similar thing?

Fortunately she had the Pfizer jab early on.

Quick Google seems to suggest it's practically exactly the same thing. I'd assume it would be the same advice, though it's still best to ask a gp for anyone concerned. 

Good news is it sounds like the Pfizer jab is still good. :D

1 minute ago, Innovindil said:

Quick Google seems to suggest it's practically exactly the same thing. I'd assume it would be the same advice, though it's still best to ask a gp for anyone concerned. 

Good news is it sounds like the Pfizer jab is still good. :D

Funny story:

When Mrs B was diagnosed, her immediate family were tested because - as you know - it is a hereditary disease (brother and father both tested positive, our daughter negative). Her sister-in-law (brother's wife) arranged a test, worried she also may have it. Not the sharpest tool in the box. lol

• Haha 3

I am probably alone in this thought but i feel as though the only thing keeping Covid alive now is the media and their continued scaremongering. I always had the news app on my mobile and would always be greeted with the latest death tolls or the latest impending restrictions etc etc.

I deleted the app around 2 months ago and other than the restrictions that are in place, i wouldn't realize Covid was still around. I don't live my life in worry and feel much happier.

The Media thrive on scaring the public.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Buce said:

Funny story:

When Mrs B was diagnosed, her immediate family were tested because - as you know - it is a hereditary disease (brother and father both tested positive, our daughter negative). Her sister-in-law (brother's wife) arranged a test, worried she also may have it. Not the sharpest tool in the box. lol

Oh dear. lol

The funny part to my story is my mum suffered a blood clot in her 40's (not the funny part) so she was tested and found to have it. Told its genetic so had her parents tested, my gran went MAD, like flipping super mad, "it's not me it's not me can't be me!"... She was right, came from grand pops. Poor bloke never heard the end of it. lol

56 minutes ago, Buce said:

Funny story:

😂😂

7547484C-7AFD-4099-ACD1-ED6E56F2C84A.jpeg

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, adejo92 said:

I am probably alone in this thought but i feel as though the only thing keeping Covid alive now is the media and their continued scaremongering.

As someone once said, "are you an ostrich"? 

Edited by Line-X
  • Haha 3

Is it coming this way or is Europe just naff at dealing with it?

On a separate note - I have been getting nonstop emails about gigs and tour announcements this week - all for July onwards. I can't help but feel it's all a bit premature. We have no idea what the social distancing regs are and I've no interest in a "passport" to get in somewhere. Either people can get in or they can't. I'm not paying through the nose to see a band in some half empty venue. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Super_horns said:

Tbh I suspect most people would rather take the 0.095% risk of getting blood clots to the much higher risk of getting seriously ill with COVID long term or worse.

As someone healthy in the 30-40 group there is absolutely no chance I'd have taken the AZ vaccine with a 0.1% chance of a clot. Indeed it wouldn't have got past the trial stage if that were the case.

Fortunately its more like 0.0006% (although probably a bit higher in younger age groups)

Edited by martyn
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Is it coming this way or is Europe just naff at dealing with it?

On a separate note - I have been getting nonstop emails about gigs and tour announcements this week - all for July onwards. I can't help but feel it's all a bit premature. We have no idea what the social distancing regs are and I've no interest in a "passport" to get in somewhere. Either people can get in or they can't. I'm not paying through the nose to see a band in some half empty venue. 

It's probably coming our way to some degree eventually in terms of cases if the South African + other variants start making their way over here in greater numbers, which seems inevitable really. I don't see the original strain or the Kent strain posing much danger going forward given antibody levels are so high from vaccines and cases 

The SA variant is widespread in continental Europe now, and the AZ vaccine, which has been used in more than half of all vaccines to date seems to offer very little to no protection against infection (although the scientists seem to be hopeful it will still prevent severe illness or worse). I can't see us getting anywhere near as bad again as it is in Europe now, and hopefully the proliferation of any variants are kept in check sufficiently until the boosters arrive.

Edited by martyn

6 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

Again thank God for Brexit

Our vaccination programme has surely helped massively 

No matter if you were for or against it I’m sure we would be in a far worse position if we were still part of the Reich  ..  the timing couldn’t have been any better. 

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

No matter if you were for or against it I’m sure we would be in a far worse position if we were still part of the Reich  ..  the timing couldn’t have been any better. 

We've had the most deaths, one of the worst economic hits, and possibly the worst lockdown after Ireland. 

• Like 3

51 minutes ago, martyn said:

It's probably coming our way to some degree eventually in terms of cases if the South African + other variants start making their way over here in greater numbers, which seems inevitable really. I don't see the original strain or the Kent strain posing much danger going forward given antibody levels are so high from vaccines and cases 

The SA variant is widespread in continental Europe now, and the AZ vaccine, which has been used in more than half of all vaccines to date seems to offer very little to no protection against infection (although the scientists seem to be hopeful it will still prevent severe illness or worse). I can't see us getting anywhere near as bad again as it is in Europe now, and hopefully the proliferation of any variants are kept in check sufficiently until the boosters arrive.

I thought that people coming to this country now have to quarantine in hotels and show a negative test on the 2nd and 8th day after arrival.  How would these variants get here if those rules are in place?, or are people arriving here just ignoring the rules.

1 hour ago, Col city fan said:

Again thank God for Brexit

Our vaccination programme has surely helped massively 

It's certainly is good news,  but we have been ahead of that league table for more weeks than any other EU country and still are ahead in overall numbers.  But what's it's got to do.with Brecit either way I'm not sure.