Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
filbertway

Coronavirus Thread

3 hours ago, reynard said:

Well not quite over yet.

here we go again in Leicester.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57

How long before this become policy rather than advice and local lockdowns start again?

1 hour ago, fox_favourite said:

Not again!!! Please not again. 

I’m sick to the back teeth of this. It’s not living anymore. It’s avoidance, living in worry and not doing things without thinking of the stupid virus and waiting for the next lockdown. Loved ones being told to stay at home for their own safety. I’ve not seen some relatives properly for over a year now due to fear. Every cold and cough or someone being ill could be it as everything is a possible symptom, isolating, schooling disrupted, work disrupted it’s never ending. Empty promises from the government over and over again. 

Just can’t see an end, and that is the thing that is thing that is getting to me. 

isnt the advice not to mix indoors and not to travel in and out of your area (the whole city)? 

But without the restrictions on indoor hospitality?

so a mixture between pre and post may 17 situation.  more relaxed than what you all went through last summer?

Edited by st albans fox

17 minutes ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Were we actually supposed to know about this?  It doesn't seem to have found its way onto the Mercury website, for starters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57232728

No mention on the City Council website COVID guidance either

No, now stop posting it so we can deny we've seen it. 

Not being trapped another summer in Leicester because a few donkeys couldn't resist flying across the world to see cousins. 

HEAR NO EVIL SEE NO EVIL LA LA LA LA LA. 

Due to go to the County on Friday. Now not sure I should as I don’t live in Leicester. I’m double jabbed, and clearly watching cricket is an outdoor activity, and Grace Road will have socially distant seating.

In the words of the Clash, should I stay or should I go?

This seems like the equivalent of someone waiting for their partner to fall asleep and then whispering "the lads are coming around to watch the footie on Saturday, if you say nothing then I'll assume that's okay..."

If it's guidance it'll be ignored, it's exciting to see hopefully a huge difference in cases -> hospitlisations and deaths.

I'm not sure where we would go from here if the vaccines don't work, so let's hope they do the biz.

• Like 1

Looking at the data for Leicester, cases have gone up slightly last week (35 more cases), but numbers are still fairly low. Everywhere seems to oscillate quite a lot from week to week.

Vaccination rates are quite low too, compared to the surrounding areas - but most cities are the same for some reason. 

Capture 1.JPG

Capture 3.JPG

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Not again!!! Please not again. 

I’m sick to the back teeth of this. It’s not living anymore. It’s avoidance, living in worry and not doing things without thinking of the stupid virus and waiting for the next lockdown. Loved ones being told to stay at home for their own safety. I’ve not seen some relatives properly for over a year now due to fear. Every cold and cough or someone being ill could be it as everything is a possible symptom, isolating, schooling disrupted, work disrupted it’s never ending. Empty promises from the government over and over again. 

Just can’t see an end, and that is the thing that is thing that is getting to me. 

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Evidently I shouldn’t have come to the game on Sunday ............ 

I assume that an area such as Brent is at a high risk of developing a high rate of the Indian variant over the next few weeks ..... how will that play out ref Wembley and the euros ?

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

Were we actually supposed to know about this?  It doesn't seem to have found its way onto the Mercury website, for starters.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-57232728

No mention on the City Council website COVID guidance either

Weve been racially profiled again. Not on at all

So Leicester is supposedly an Indian Variant hotspot, yet yesterday we weren’t listed in the 44 areas where the Indian variant is now dominant, WTF is going on :dunno:

Cases are going up here, our infection rate currently stands at 50, places in the East side of Leicester are seeing flare ups, that’s to be expected. The whole West side of Leicester though, a couple of other areas and county areas are pretty much all suppressed.

No wonder people are pissed and confused.

38 minutes ago, harpendenfox said:

Due to go to the County on Friday. Now not sure I should as I don’t live in Leicester. I’m double jabbed, and clearly watching cricket is an outdoor activity, and Grace Road will have socially distant seating.

Definitely go to the game. The government are being ridiculous. 

• Like 2

Guest ttfn
1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Didn't hear anything about it in Bedford either. 

I travelled out of Bedford on Friday when apparently this update was released. Absolute shambles.

Of course the fact remains that only 50-99 people in Bedford are known to have the Indian variant. So about 0.05-0.1% of the population. 

Tests are plentiful now and easily obtainable, the advice should be to test more regularly if you’re in these areas and isolate if necessary, not to tell people that they shouldn’t meet up indoors whilst leaving all of the pubs and shops open.

23 minutes ago, kingfox said:

So Leicester is supposedly an Indian Variant hotspot, yet yesterday we weren’t listed in the 44 areas where the Indian variant is now dominant, WTF is going on :dunno:

Cases are going up here, our infection rate currently stands at 50, places in the East side of Leicester are seeing flare ups, that’s to be expected. The whole West side of Leicester though, a couple of other areas and county areas are pretty much all suppressed.

No wonder people are pissed and confused.

I agree, I have consistently been supporting lockdowns albeit not so much local tier lockdowns as I think they dont work.

I have been checking the local rag for updates every week, repeated "no surge of indian variant here", the numbers for the city overall have gone up a bit in the past week or so but not enough to call it a surge.  Also as you said a lot of the western side of city has it as suppressed.

This could be a case here that Leicester has a lot of Asian population so lets include them in the guidance.

I am due to go away for weekend break first weekend of June, this is probably going to be the first time I ignore guidance.

21 minutes ago, ttfn said:

I travelled out of Bedford on Friday when apparently this update was released. Absolute shambles.

Of course the fact remains that only 50-99 people in Bedford are known to have the Indian variant. So about 0.05-0.1% of the population. 

Tests are plentiful now and easily obtainable, the advice should be to test more regularly if you’re in these areas and isolate if necessary, not to tell people that they shouldn’t meet up indoors whilst leaving all of the pubs and shops open.

Totally agreed. 

1 hour ago, harpendenfox said:

To be fair, they've had socially distanced 'crowds' at Grace Rd for the last 50 years...

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

A variant of concern that is still blocked by the existing vaccine, yes? :) 

Yes from what I have seen , I have tried to pay no attention to it all for a while now but it’s starting to interfere with my music while I work now every hour 😂 

3 hours ago, MonkeyTennis? said:

Looking at the data for Leicester, cases have gone up slightly last week (35 more cases), but numbers are still fairly low. Everywhere seems to oscillate quite a lot from week to week.

Vaccination rates are quite low too, compared to the surrounding areas - but most cities are the same for some reason. 

Cities generally have populations of a lower age than rural areas and small towns, so fewer residents of cities eligible for vaccination so far?

If the vaccines protect against the variants and the majority of the vulnerable have now had their jabs then I'm speechless what the issue is. If its for the ones who haven't had the vaccine thst are vulnerable then we are never getting out of this, it's like being a hamster on a wheel.

• Like 1