Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

The 'Lost' Foxestalk Members

I still see Lisa from time to time.

Think she just grew tired of arguing with people on here.

There's a certain masochism to getting involved in debating on a forum of any sort. It's not like the arguments ever come to any sort of conclusion is it? For every one 'won' there's probably 50 where one of the protagonists gets bored and wanders off

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Yes, he was a Forest fan but @RedHux was quite a decent and non-trolling user.

Yes, it's good to have input from decent posters who support other clubs.

Have we got any Forest contributors at the moment? Some quality input from a Forest fan or two, Cov fan or fans of other PL clubs would be beneficial.

I know we get good contributions from fans of Derby, Wolves, Watford, Celtic and a few others.

Good to get some "foreign" perspectives on our club, insight into their clubs, views on players at other clubs etc.

Edited by Alf Bentley
  • Like 2

16 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Yes, it's good to have input from decent posters who support other clubs.

Have we got any Forest contributors at the moment? Some quality input from a Forest fan or two, Cov fan or fans of other PL clubs would be beneficial.

I know we get good contributions from fans of Derby, Wolves, Watford, Celtic and a few others.

Good to get some "foreign" perspectives on our club, insight into their clubs, views on players at other clubs etc.

Yeah but let’s draw the line at the Algerians though, I’ve see enough “Three Mehrez” for a lifetime.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Carl the Llama said:

Might be remembering it wrong but I recall a thread blowing up over one of the younger members watching a gay couple across the road enjoying each other's company.  Was that another Lambyism?  Kingfox maybe?  Idk.

All I was doing was closing my curtains then I get greeted by that right in my eyeline.

Hopefully they’ve learnt how to close their curtains in their new house.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Bellend Sebastian said:

I still see Lisa from time to time.

Think she just grew tired of arguing with people on here.

There's a certain masochism to getting involved in debating on a forum of any sort. It's not like the arguments ever come to any sort of conclusion is it? For every one 'won' there's probably 50 where one of the protagonists gets bored and wanders off

To be fair it used to be a place just to have a laugh most of the time.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Yeah but let’s draw the line at the Algerians though, I’ve see enough “Three Mehrez” for a lifetime.

The Algerian crowd were brilliant for ten minutes. Painstakingly boring for the eternity after. 

The bit that really annoyed me was time constant insistence he was 'a humble guy'. Apparently being humble carries some currency in their culture and they were so obsessed with characterising him as such. 

3 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

Whatever happened to Kitchandro?

He only comes on to be irrationally negative about Leicester City and we're not playing right now.

You'll see him again after our first loss.

7 minutes ago, Nod.E said:

He only comes on to be irrationally negative about Leicester City and we're not playing right now.

You'll see him again after our first loss.

Oh yeah I remember this guy. Used to refer to him to myself as the guy who hates everything. Bet he well hates lockdown.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

1 hour ago, foxile5 said:

The Algerian crowd were brilliant for ten minutes. Painstakingly boring for the eternity after. 

The bit that really annoyed me was time constant insistence he was 'a humble guy'. Apparently being humble carries some currency in their culture and they were so obsessed with characterising him as such. 

It was weird how they all disappeared at roughly the same time ...

BC0A0A28-EA70-44FC-AF1E-E11E31DC7F15.gif

17 minutes ago, Wet Trump said:

Just had a browse through some of THEBIGJOHNSTEADERS more recent posts:

6E0A837B-8172-4EBB-8D32-9B42C457FCF9.png

He was never funny. Just made everything sexual for some reason.

If that floats your boat then ok but it gets tiresome after about 5 posts.

• Like 4

15 hours ago, StanSP said:

craigadams22

14 hours ago, Sly said:

Who was the guy that posted his eBay listings on here?!? I’m too 10+ years ago!! 

7 hours ago, RobHawk said:

Craigadams22 I believe, was mentioned further up the thread

Alive and well, posted on Facebook not 30 minutes ago. You may be pleased to know it was an ebay link... 

Always enjoyed @BartonFox. back in the day, along with @Shrenchel

It feels weird when a prominent poster stops posting. 

I think the forum does a good job of giving posters an identity do to the myriad of topics being discussed. You can form an opinion about the poster (be it a favorable or unfavourable opinion) and it isn't just a user name and that's one of the reasons this thread has many posts. Even posters who stopped many years ago are still remembered

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

He was never funny. Just made everything sexual for some reason.

If that floats your boat then ok but it gets tiresome after about 5 posts.

I remember him being quite funny to begin with, always Smutty but still funny.

But towards the end the funny had gone and you are right, it just turned into him making everything sexual and it got boring and even a little weird when he persisted with it.

• Haha 1