Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Actually, the situation in Thailand may sometimes be more relevant to our transfer dealings than we think !  At least vindaloo can bring some facts and supportable opinions into a part of the forum which, by definition, will be sadly lacking in such things ! 

taglia who ?

I'm happy to share what is going on out here, but also I'm no expert.

I just get my info from all the media outlets and we all know the media can talk lots of rubbish at times.

I learn a lot more from my Thai friends about what is going on here. 

It's pretty funny lots of my Thai friends all supported Leicester when we won the league but now they all support Liverpool 🤣

Leicester’s latest loan does not specify how much they can borrow from Macquarie, although it is the sixth time they have entered an arrangement with the lender.

The second – made in December 2018 – has been satisfied but was reported at the time to be larger than the first arrangement over Mahrez and had been earmarked to help fund a new training ground and expand the King Power Stadium.

Two more are outstanding, although Maguire does not believe there is any evidence of financial difficulties at a club on course to qualify for the Champions League.

“What will often happen is that you might have separate charge arrangements over separate assets belonging to the club,” he says. “It could be something as simple as that – I don’t think there is anything Machiavellian in it.”

Two outstanding loans, can the club really afford new transfers without selling Chilwell ?

18 minutes ago, st martin said:

Leicester’s latest loan does not specify how much they can borrow from Macquarie, although it is the sixth time they have entered an arrangement with the lender.

The second – made in December 2018 – has been satisfied but was reported at the time to be larger than the first arrangement over Mahrez and had been earmarked to help fund a new training ground and expand the King Power Stadium.

Two more are outstanding, although Maguire does not believe there is any evidence of financial difficulties at a club on course to qualify for the Champions League.

“What will often happen is that you might have separate charge arrangements over separate assets belonging to the club,” he says. “It could be something as simple as that – I don’t think there is anything Machiavellian in it.”

Two outstanding loans, can the club really afford new transfers without selling Chilwell ?

Isn't it the case that we've borrowed the money we will be receiving for Maguire and Mahrez in installments? We get the money upfront and Macquarie receive the payments from Man U and Man City.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, st martin said:

Its about releasing cash flow, PL money is paid in instalments over a 12 month period, so it about just have that cash in one go and then just paying it back as the PL money is paid. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Its about releasing cash flow, PL money is paid in instalments over a 12 month period, so it about just have that cash in one go and then just paying it back as the PL money is paid. 

this ^^.. our loans are backed by the premier league money that we're owed from our final league ranking.. the loans are covered and paid for by the PL money as stated above... an advance on the cash.

• Like 1

Just now, danfox76 said:

and if we ever got relegated.. i'm pretty sure the parachute payments would be used instead to cover the loan.

Yes, I read an article about this some time ago and it appears it tied to league payments, but also to parachute payments in the event we went down

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Actually, the situation in Thailand may sometimes be more relevant to our transfer dealings than we think !  At least vindaloo can bring some facts and supportable opinions into a part of the forum which, by definition, will be sadly lacking in such things ! 

taglia who ?

From Nagerz on Bentleys:

I've been here for 16 of those 20 years.

A few kafuffles, nothing major.

2 coups during my time.... both no one killed.

Riots at central world 10 years ago led to a few hundred being shot.

None of this is in danger of happening again as it stands now. KingPower are not in trouble.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, danfox76 said:

this ^^.. our loans are backed by the premier league money that we're owed from our final league ranking.. the loans are covered and paid for by the PL money as stated above... an advance on the cash.

Isn't that what I said :)

8 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m speaking from a very uneducated perspective here, but wouldn’t a military run government be the best to deal with ‘not so peaceful prostests’ against their current rule. If it was the other way around, there would be potential for change. However as it stands, it’ll remain regardless of protest? 

Please correct me if I’m wrong (which is likely). I assume the protests are peaceful because going the other way would be a fairly poor decision and get nullified more quickly than the peaceful route? 

...perhaps waiting for support from USA and Europe!!!

If they can maintain the protest long enough the West will eventually start to show support for the protesters, perhaps the timing is not too good as the USA has a lot on its hands with an impending Election and Trump focused on re-election.

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Yes, but they are not giving these loans for free, we have to pay millions in interest. If our owners are awash with funds than why would they part with a big slice of TV money in interest payments ?

7 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Maybe we're taking the loan out because we've sold a high value player already?

..the loan is against revenue from our final position for this season, it was previously stated by the club how they would finance the new Training Ground and the stadium expansion in this way!!!

5 hours ago, st albans fox said:

taglia who ?

Agree. Would be nice if it had its own thread so these conversations don't get lost.

All of football is about to get more affected by politics around the world than most of us would like.

Edited by SO1

2 hours ago, st martin said:

FFS

:nigel:

source.gif

All the loan stuff is making me laugh. It’s quite obvious we don’t get all of our income as a club in a big lump sum (TV money, transfers, sponsorships). The club will know best how to manage the finances relating to that, it wouldn’t surprise me if most clubs were taking loans out to free up cash to be able to contribute to other costs.

It’s not like John who lives on the saff putting 3 holidays a year and a BMW on a credit card and only paying the minimum payments! 

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..the loan is against revenue from our final position for this season, it was previously stated by the club how they would finance the new Training Ground and the stadium expansion in this way!!!

Aw I was hoping that we were borrowing over the Chilwell cash

21 minutes ago, Manini said:

All the loan stuff is making me laugh. It’s quite obvious we don’t get all of our income as a club in a big lump sum (TV money, transfers, sponsorships). The club will know best how to manage the finances relating to that, it wouldn’t surprise me if most clubs were taking loans out to free up cash to be able to contribute to other costs.

It’s not like John who lives on the saff putting 3 holidays a year and a BMW on a credit card and only paying the minimum payments! 

This exactly. I mean, how many large organisations the world over secure lending to help with cash flow. It’s nothing like a personal loan. Some people just don’t understand the process.

• Like 1

Yes, but they are not giving these loans for free, we have to pay millions in interest. If our owners are awash with funds than why would they part with a big slice of TV money in interest payments ?

Have you seen the interest rates lately?

Calm down

• Like 1

Because they haven't put there own money in since we have been in the PL. 

All of the above, is a credit to how much Vichai and Top did for us after they took over. We’re self sufficient now but that is down to great management from the very top down. We were in debt and didn’t own our the stadium. Now we’re a self-sufficient football club in the Premier League with an unbelievably valuable squad.

We’d be paying interest on any loan we get. I suppose paying KP interest just keeps everything above board to the powers that be, who would (as @UniFox21 said) likely punish us given the chance. 

It isn’t as if King Power are using us for yearly profit and draining huge amounts from the club. We’re probably in the best position of the clubs our size. 

Edited by Leeds Fox
  • Like 1