Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

9 minutes ago, Leicester_brfox said:

Yes but you could argue Chillwell wasn’t exactly ready and he stepped up to the task

Different expectations now, cant take any risks on Thomas or Lewis we need guaranteed quality. Thomas will get plenty of game time in the cups/europa league.

3 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Different expectations now, cant take any risks on Thomas or Lewis we need guaranteed quality. Thomas will get plenty of game time in the cups/europa league.

Agreed, and besides, Chilwell had had a good loan spell in the Championship with Huddersfield...

14 minutes ago, Leicester_brfox said:

Yes but you could argue Chillwell wasn’t exactly ready and he stepped up to the task

See above!

16 minutes ago, st martin said:

Pie in the sky. I really believe that Leicester do not have the  cash. IMO the owners have taken money out of the club to put into their own failing business.  They are now borrowing from an Australian loan company on future earnings and must be at their limit. I really do not believe they have money for new signings and that most of what we are reading is just newspaper conjecture  and rumour.

Wow 

How many people who are saying he would be an excellent signing have ever actually watched him play? Like more than his highlights reel on Youtube or the odd European/Dutch match. Just find it difficult to believe we have a load of Eredivisie enthusiasts on here

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, st martin said:

Pie in the sky. I really believe that Leicester do not have the  cash. IMO the owners have taken money out of the club to put into their own failing business.  They are now borrowing from an Australian loan company on future earnings and must be at their limit. I really do not believe they have money for new signings and that most of what we are reading is just newspaper conjecture  and rumour.

You honestly can't believe this? Actually?? 

12 minutes ago, Walkers said:

How many people who are saying he would be an excellent signing have ever actually watched him play? Like more than his highlights reel on Youtube or the odd European/Dutch match. Just find it difficult to believe we have a load of Eredivisie enthusiasts on here

It's not like he played in a semi final champions league run last year where they played juventus and real madrid and beat them.

Edited by honeybradger

28 minutes ago, st martin said:

King Power duty free stores have took a massive hit thanks to coronavirus.

Thailand are talking about not opening their borders for another 12 to 18 months.

Things are not looking good for their duty free business.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Thailand are talking about not opening their borders for another 12 to 18 months.

If they were in that much trouble they would surely sell the club, not just take money out of it. Besides their whole business isn't just duty free they have plenty of other interests to keep money coming in.

33 minutes ago, st martin said:

This is  a very bizare conclusion to come to.

Its Buisness 101 that if you own several different sectors in a buisness portfolio, you want each and every one of them to be self supporting. That way if one of them crashes, it only takes that one down.  So in other words, if Leicester city need a loan, that loan is secured against its own assets ( TV money) and isn’t reliant on King power money.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

see above post. They also own hotels, football groups and just last year paid $450 million to own most of Thailand’s tallest building. the King power name will live on even if the Dury free suffers for a while.

2 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

If they were in that much trouble they would surely sell the club, not just take money out of it. Besides their whole business isn't just duty free they have plenty of other interests to keep money coming in.

Yes I'm sure they have other money coming in from other businesses but still no doubt they have been hit hard when it comes to King Power duty free.

I don't think they would sell Leicester, right now I feel would be a bad time to sell, only if they are super desperate and I'm sure they are not.

Whatever they value the club I'm sure no one would offer them that price at the moment with everything going on in football / the world.

Football has always been a risky bussiness to get into and mostly at the moment.

41 minutes ago, st martin said:

If you don’t understand companies and process or have evidence of your accusations, bit of free advice, shut up. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Walkers said:

I have. Ive seen him play at least a dozen times and he’s honestly fantastic. The eredevisie is an underrated league imo, PSV, AZ, Feyenoord and Ajax are all very decent teams, with Ajax and AZ producing the best young talent in Holland atm. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, 80footgiraffe said:

I have. Ive seen him play at least a dozen times and he’s honestly fantastic. The eredevisie is an underrated league imo, PSV, AZ, Feyenoord and Ajax are all very decent teams, with Ajax and AZ producing the best young talent in Holland atm. 

Thats fine. I'm not saying nobody has watched him enough nor am I doubting he's a good player. There are definitely just some here who have jumped on the bandwagon with the "GERRRIMINN" hype

4 minutes ago, MPH said:

see above post. They also own hotels, football groups and just last year paid $450 million to own most of Thailand’s tallest building. the King power name will live on even if the Dury free suffers for a while.

Hotels and football groups are also suffering from the covid 19 onslaught. 

9 minutes ago, MPH said:

Be a shame that we won't be able to play 'hit me with your rhythm stick' for a while.

Edited by weller54