Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

5 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

If you don’t understand companies and process or have evidence of your accusations, bit of free advice, shut up. 

I am quoting fact as far as borrowing and the owners business are concerned. Do you understand that or are you being deliberately  obtuse ?

2 minutes ago, MPH said:

see above post. They also own hotels, football groups and just last year paid $450 million to own most of Thailand’s tallest building. the King power name will live on even if the Dury free suffers for a while.

Yes I live in Thailand and I was at their hotel in Bangkok a few weeks ago. 

It was busy but nothing like before, King Power will be fine but the country of Thailand are in a very tough time, the economy is in very big trouble and politically its probably even worse.

King Power is connected very tightly with political members in Thailand and many are being very closely looked at the moment.

Trust me this is a very corrupted country and King Power is no different.

This will not affect our football club to much but I'm sure at the moment Top has a lot more to worry about than Leicester City.

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Yes I'm sure they have other money coming in from other businesses but still no doubt they have been hit hard when it comes to King Power duty free.

I don't think they would sell Leicester, right now I feel would be a bad time to sell, only if they are super desperate and I'm sure they are not.

Whatever they value the club I'm sure no one would offer them that price at the moment with everything going on in football / the world.

Football has always been a risky bussiness to get into and mostly at the moment.

Really can't imagine Top or King Power group, selling the club /stadium etc, considering the incredible imotional attachments they have to the ground and surrounding area etc. 

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Yes I live in Thailand and I was at their hotel in Bangkok a few weeks ago. 

It was busy but nothing like before, King Power will be fine but the country of Thailand are in a very tough time, the economy is in very big trouble and politically its probably even worse.

King Power is connected very tightly with political members in Thailand and many are being very closely looked at the moment.

Trust me this is a very corrupted country and King Power is no different.

This will not affect our football club to much but I'm sure at the moment Top has a lot more to worry about than Leicester City.

Yep he`s got to choose the furnishings and decor in his suite at seagrave  :-)

• Haha 1

I'd not rule out the possibility that King power have further aligned themselves with the thai government to help steer Thailand through this financial uncertainty. There will definitely be something in it for them long term too.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, st martin said:

I am quoting fact as far as borrowing and the owners business are concerned. Do you understand that or are you being deliberately  obtuse ?

You are quoting fact that the owners are pulling funds from one business to support another one of their businesses ? Do you understand what you are saying there ?

Just now, Ric Flair said:

I'd not rule out the possibility that King power have further aligned themselves with the thai government to help steer Thailand through this financial uncertainty. There will definitely be something in it for them long term too.

Right now the people of Thailand are calling for the Thai government to step down.

They are protesting throughout the country, it's getting pretty serious here but I'm sure nothing will change. 

1 minute ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Right now the people of Thailand are calling for the Thai government to step down.

They are protesting throughout the country, it's getting pretty serious here but I'm sure nothing will change. 

Isn't that always happening though? Certainly was when I was last there about 10 years ago and there were bullet holes in buildings from recent rioting.

24 minutes ago, pmcla26 said:

And that's why we're working with Thailand to promote tourism to the country over the course of the next 12 months... because they want no one going there clearly.. :beer::whistle:

Sorry my bad I did not mean the next 12 to 18 months, all together it will be closed for 12 to 18.

Its already been 6 months, and they will be closed till next year so by that time it will be around 12 months. 

It will not surprise me if they push it back to 18 months all together.

You can visit Thailand now, but only if you are willing to pay for a elite visa, Thailand are happy to have tourist back but only the rich ones, no more cheap backpackers.

Thailand is trying to change the type of tourist who enters their country

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

1 hour ago, st martin said:

Pie in the sky. I really believe that Leicester do not have the  cash. IMO the owners have taken money out of the club to put into their own failing business.  They are now borrowing from an Australian loan company on future earnings and must be at their limit. I really do not believe they have money for new signings and that most of what we are reading is just newspaper conjecture  and rumour.

You use the word conjecture in a post full of it lol

• Like 2

From the little I've seen of him, he appears to be a very good technical player, with his strongest asses the quality of his final ball into the box. 

However, I'm slightly sceptical on this one given his lack of pace and, dare I say it, his 'limited' physical attributes...

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Isn't that always happening though? Certainly was when I was last there about 10 years ago and there were bullet holes in buildings from recent rioting.

Yes it happens a lot but theses protests have been the biggest in Thailand's history.

But I feel still nothing will change.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, st martin said:

And what makes you think King Power Thailand are top of the pile ?

?

you probably need to look into the King Power group a bit more, it’s connections within the Thai government and royal family and its role in Thailand in general. 

they paid nearly $500 million for  most of Thailand’s tallest building either last year or late 2018. It included a 156 room hotel 

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, MPH said:

?

you probably need to look into the King Power group a bit more, it’s connections within the Thai government and royal family and its role in Thailand in general. 

they paid nearly $500 million for  most of Thailand’s tallest building either last year or late 2018. It included a 156 room hotel 

Correct the King Power Mahanakhon. Lovely building 👍🏼

20 minutes ago, Harry5 said:

From the little I've seen of him, he appears to be a very good technical player, with his strongest asses the quality of his final ball into the box. 

However, I'm slightly sceptical on this one given his lack of pace and, dare I say it, his 'limited' physical attributes...

How many asses does he have?