Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

5 hours ago, Nod.E said:

Still banging this drum, buddy?

You were as wrong about Chilwell staying as you are with your insistence that we should somehow plough money that we don't have into high quality squad depth as though we're Man City.

There's the real world and then there's your world, it seems.

The sooner you get in the real world the easier it will be for you to support this football club.

The real world, old chap, is with our current transfer structure we will not be a regular top 6 club. Sustainability is all well and good......

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

The real world, old chap, is with our current transfer structure we will not be a regular top 6 club. Sustainability is all well and good......

Sustainability has to be the priority - everything else can be built upon that.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

We'd already signed him by then - I can remember the meltdowns people on here were having after seeing him make a mistake for one of the goals that Uruguay scored and writing him off immediately!

Posters on foxestalk writing off a player after limited game time, never. 

Edited by Lesta Legend
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Sustainability has to be the priority - everything else can be built upon that.

I know I lot of people on here are split on this issue and one side are adamant that at some point we have to take a bit of a risk to get to that next level.

1 minute ago, UHDrive said:

I know I lot of people on here are split on this issue and one side are adamant that at some point we have to take a bit of a risk to get to that next level.

No. Why take a risk? We're making great progress with our current model. We just have to carry doing what we're doing.

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

No. Why take a risk? We're making great progress with our current model. We just have to carry doing what we're doing.

Because last season we could have finished in the bottom half of the table and for the admiration and love I have for lcfc then that would be going backwards. I'm adamant we need quality over numbers.

4 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Further to what Raw said above, the club IS already taking a series of risks - every purchase, every sale is a risk to a degree. LCFC aren't in a position to do what Chelsea are doing right now, and in the long run I am very relieved for that. 

2 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Further to what Raw said above, the club IS already taking a series of risks - every purchase, every sale is a risk to a degree. LCFC aren't in a position to do what Chelsea are doing right now, and in the long run I am very relieved for that. 

I dont disagree partly with what you are saying but lcfc for me have messed up the transfer policy since the PL season win with a bloated sqaud of *some* dreadful players on ridiculous wages and therefore leaving us far less room to manoeuvre in the trsnsfer window for better players. I am happy thst they have got rid of things like the release clause though and that players are still committing in that setting.

Just now, UHDrive said:

I dont disagree partly with what you are saying but lcfc for me have messed up the transfer policy since the PL season win with a bloated sqaud of *some* dreadful players on ridiculous wages and therefore leaving us far less room to manoeuvre in the trsnsfer window for better players. I am happy thst they have got rid of things like the release clause though and that players are still committing in that setting.

I disagree - I think they DID mess up and it has steadily improved ever since. They took some risks and they didn't pay off - ironic, given your desire for more risks to be taken.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, The People's Hero said:

Don't get too excited. There is no shortage of takers. He's going to have a good few clubs to choose from I'd think.

18 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Wow seems like it's happening then! TBH it makes sense, either Chelsea buy him or they sign Chilwell instead and essentially pay for Tagliafico for us as part of that deal. 

I do enjoy these two comments being right next to each other!

My reading in between the lines take from the speculative articles (posted above these comments*) that prompted this is the source is most likely the players representatives who are either trying to fish out another, possibly higher profile club. to put in a firm bid for his services, or to push us for more money on the contract side - or maybe a bit of both?

*in case you didn't know of this functionality, you can just click on the arrow in the header bar (top right) on the quotes to jump back to the page they were made. 

33 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Because last season we could have finished in the bottom half of the table and for the admiration and love I have for lcfc then that would be going backwards. I'm adamant we need quality over numbers.

If my auntie had bollocks.

We could have won the league again. That would be progress.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Frost said:

Rodgers can barely speak any Spanish, it's nonsense.

Tagliafico has been at Ajax for two years now where the likelihood is that the working language will be English, given the proficiency of Dutch natives in the language and the amount of players they have from other countries. I highly doubt that Tagliafico won't have a working understanding of English, which will obviously develop significantly if he were to move here. 

30 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

The window immediately after the title win was pretty disastrous, I think that most would agree, but since then, we have brought almost a whole new team that has shown continuous improvement to the point that we have challenged for the top four.  On that evidence, I would say that it is difficult to argue that our transfer policy since the title win has been anything other than a great success.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 2

22 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Which was the last player we signed who was 'in his prime' and became a success here?

Off the top of my head most prime players have struggled here.

Ulloa, Evans, Fuchs, Nugent, Huth, Morgan, Okazaki, Simpson, Konchesky...

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Tuna said:

Ulloa, Evans, Fuchs, Nugent, Huth, Morgan, Okazaki, Simpson, Konchesky...

I think you missed the most important of all -- Another Argentinian.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

That was not in his prime - come on.

Looked in his prime to me. The point here is I believe that by just turning 28 is not over the hill.