Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

11 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Interesting to see if it was same/similar sources as when Cambiasso news broke... 

Cambiasso having enjoyed his time here could be a huge plus for us. If one of the best Argentinean players of all time gives the thumbs up, you know its good

• Like 1

1 minute ago, wattolcfc said:

If we sign him for £20m and get £50m plus add ons for Chilwell this has to be the best business ever done by a club replacing a want-away player! 

Maguire for £80 mill and Söyüncü for £20 mill? :ph34r:

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Perez, Rodgers also speaks Spanish. Riccy speaks Portugese which is similar I believe. 

13 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Spanish is closer to Italian I think.

I think Spanish is very similar to Portuguese on paper. Strangely, though, Portuguese sounds very much like Russian/Eastern European, while Spanish doesn't at all.

Just now, Raw Dykes said:

I think Spanish is very similar to Portuguese on paper. Strangely, though, Portuguese sounds very much like Russian/Eastern European, while Spanish doesn't at all.

Portugese is now a mix of Spanish/Italian and Russian. Sounds a proper obscure one

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Portugese is now a mix of Spanish/Italian and Russian. Sounds a proper obscure one

Well, the Spanish and Italian similarities aren't surprising. Portuguese, Spanish, French and Italian are all derived from Latin. The Russian sound of Portuguese is very odd, though.

I heard a woman speaking English and her accent led me to believe she was from Eastern Europe somewhere. Was shocked to learn she was Portuguese (opposite end of the continent!). More recently, I heard an interview with Peter Serafinowicz, who said he did a voiceover for an advert with Pele in it (could have been the erectile disfunction thing he did). Pele spoke English in it, but his Brazilian/Portuguese accent was so strong it needed dubbing over. Serafinowicz also said it sounded Russian.

• Like 1