Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Quick question - spurs need a left back. Man City need a left back. If this fella is so sh1t hot and a bargain, how come neither of them are buying him ??.

Why didn’t they go in for Ricardo?

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Quick question - spurs need a left back. Man City need a left back. If this fella is so sh1t hot and a bargain, how come neither of them are buying him ??.

He’s so s*** hot because he plays for Ajax, has a lovely sounding surname, and has never kicked a ball in England. The exact opposite as to why Jamal Lewis is so s***... 

55 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

What LB's are Spurs and Man City linked with?

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

That is a good question, though you could also ask why none of the big teams signed Ricardo? He had been capped for Portugal and was first choice right back at Porto when we signed him.

I think the general consensus might be that Tagliafico might not be good enough for the very elite clubs in world football, but for Leicester City he is more than good enough. Chelsea are going for the long-term route and want England's first choice left-back for the next 5-6 years. For us we are going for a short term option that can operate at a level we need right now for a few seasons, knowing that in Luke Thomas we have a great chance of bringing through another player to take over who could be as good as if not better than Chilwell. After all he made his debut for us at a younger age than Chilwell and looks ahead of him when comparing the two at the same age.

It could backfire, but it seems like the type of calculated risk we need to progress as a club.

14 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That is a good question, though you could also ask why none of the big teams signed Ricardo? He had been capped for Portugal and was first choice right back at Porto when we signed him.

I think the general consensus might be that Tagliafico might not be good enough for the very elite clubs in world football, but for Leicester City he is more than good enough. Chelsea are going for the long-term route and want England's first choice left-back for the next 5-6 years. For us we are going for a short term option that can operate at a level we need right now for a few seasons, knowing that in Luke Thomas we have a great chance of bringing through another player to take over who could be as good as if not better than Chilwell. After all he made his debut for us at a younger age than Chilwell and looks ahead of him when comparing the two at the same age.

It could backfire, but it seems like the type of calculated risk we need to progress as a club.

I think ricardo also had a poor worldcup the summer we brought him in so that might have influenced a few clubs' decisions.

8 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

I think ricardo also had a poor worldcup the summer we brought him in so that might have influenced a few clubs' decisions.

We'd already signed him by then - I can remember the meltdowns people on here were having after seeing him make a mistake for one of the goals that Uruguay scored and writing him off immediately!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

4 hours ago, st albans fox said:

Man City need a left back but they need one of the best in the world. Spurs need a left back, but they need a backup striker more and are on a very tight budget.

4 hours ago, Frost said:

We offered Ricardo a higher wage than Everton to get him. A friend of a friend is good mates with Ricardo (my mate actually played with him at Naval) and apparently he absolutely loves living in Leicester. Don't ask me why as I haven't a clue lol

Puel was apparently a big influence on him coming here. He apparently had interest from some champions league teams but chose us because of Puel!

• Thanks 3

55 minutes ago, MPH said:

Puel was apparently a big influence on him coming here. He apparently had interest from some champions league teams but chose us because of Puel!

He was a big reason Tielemans came here too.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, MPH said:

Claude Puel, for all his faults as a manager, has a great eye for talent and his ideas and philosophies are actually very good, it's putting them into practice where he falls short. If he was our director of football it could have worked out for him here. If we could somehow scientifically blend all of our past managers since we've been in the premier league we'd have the best manager in the world. The grounded, no nonsense approach of Pearson and Shakespeare, the Charisma of Ranieri, the technical approach of Puel and the Style of Rodgers.....

Anyway, back on topic, has there actually been any other link to this guy? 

• Like 3