Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

1 hour ago, st martin said:

Pie in the sky. I really believe that Leicester do not have the  cash. IMO the owners have taken money out of the club to put into their own failing business.  They are now borrowing from an Australian loan company on future earnings and must be at their limit. I really do not believe they have money for new signings and that most of what we are reading is just newspaper conjecture  and rumour.

58 minutes ago, st martin said:

I am quoting fact as far as borrowing and the owners business are concerned. Do you understand that or are you being deliberately  obtuse ?

No, you made a serious accusation that the owners have taken money out of the club. Do you understand the words you wrote? Why am I asking, of course you don't.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, st martin said:

I am quoting fact as far as borrowing and the owners business are concerned. Do you understand that or are you being deliberately  obtuse ?

Oh mate, you're having a bloody mare here... lol

• Haha 2

58 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Sorry my bad I did not mean the next 12 to 18 months, all together it will be closed for 12 to 18.

Its already been 6 months, and they will be closed till next year so by that time it will be around 12 months. 

It will not surprise me if they push it back to 18 months all together.

You can visit Thailand now, but only if you are willing to pay for a elite visa, Thailand are happy to have tourist back but only the rich ones, no more cheap backpackers.

Thailand is trying to change the type of tourist who enters their country

King Powers hotels will seldom have been frequented by backpackers i'd have thought, so if Thailand get their wish and it no longer becomes a backpackers paradise then the increase in wealthier people will boost King Power, not so sure if it will be good for the duty free empire though.

1 hour ago, Harry5 said:

From the little I've seen of him, he appears to be a very good technical player, with his strongest asses the quality of his final ball into the box. 

However, I'm slightly sceptical on this one given his lack of pace and, dare I say it, his 'limited' physical attributes...

What are your concerns on Andrew Robertson who has worse stats in the champions league ? 

45 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

What are your concerns on Andrew Robertson who has worse stats in the champions league ? 

I'm not fortunate enough as you to have the time to trawl through every statistic available on every player, so i'm not sure what 'stats' you are referring to. Having said that, I have no concerns over Andrew Robinson, nor should as he's not a player we're linked with.

3 hours ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Right now the people of Thailand are calling for the Thai government to step down.

They are protesting throughout the country, it's getting pretty serious here but I'm sure nothing will change. 

Not quite the whole story.

It’s a university students movement that is calling for proper democracy. The current pm is the leader of the military government that took over with the military coup. He resigned his position and became the leader of the party that won the election.There have been small student demonstrations for the last few weeks in various provinces which culminated with 10,000 students peacefully rallying at Victory Monument in Bangkok on Sunday. It’s gaining support but not a serious threat to peace at the moment.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Harry5 said:

I'm not fortunate enough as you to have the time to trawl through every statistic available on every player, so i'm not sure what 'stats' you are referring to. Having said that, I have no concerns over Andrew Robinson, nor should as he's not a player we're linked with.

It’s on one of the previous pages

Edited by Heymister2015

16 hours ago, TrentFox said:

There is no way on earth Thomas is still here in 3-4 seasons if he’s waiting for the new left-back to leave to create a space. 

Could take even less time. Cream rises to the crop. If he's that good then he can potentially displace Tagliafico some time down the line, whenever he's ready.

If not then we at least got a better player in beforehand.

Hopefully with Europe (this season at least) and cup games we could phase him in similar to how we did Chilwell and Fuchs.

I don't think this will happen anyway. It feels too good to be true.

Nico Tagliafico is closely followed by Leicester City and a team from Germany. In the next few days, there may be news. #Ajax would sell it for a figure close to $ 30 million. The #Independiente CD is waiting for a sale to bring more money to the club.

19 minutes ago, chapero82 said:

Nico Tagliafico is closely followed by Leicester City and a team from Germany. In the next few days, there may be news. #Ajax would sell it for a figure close to $ 30 million. The #Independiente CD is waiting for a sale to bring more money to the club.

Assuming this isn't bullshit, which it almost certainly is, this is great news. Very few German teams can spend that much right now.

6 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Assuming this isn't bullshit, which it almost certainly is, this is great news. Very few German teams can spend that much right now.

he’s a sports journalist with 30k followers... :brendan:

6 hours ago, foxpleasure said:

Not quite the whole story.

It’s a university students movement that is calling for proper democracy. The current pm is the leader of the military government that took over with the military coup. He resigned his position and became the leader of the party that won the election.There have been small student demonstrations for the last few weeks in various provinces which culminated with 10,000 students peacefully rallying at Victory Monument in Bangkok on Sunday. It’s gaining support but not a serious threat to peace at the moment.

Yes it's been peaceful and yes it was mostly students but also people of all ages were at the protest and that was wonderful to see because let's be truthful the government in power are doing a horrible job.

Many of the young protesters are supporters of the The Future Forward Party.

I'm pretty confident Prayut will not step down though.

The thing that is worrying is at least nine if his opposition figures living abroad have disappeared. Two were found dead !! 

Thailand's people are fighting for change.

They say they will continue protesting if their main demands are not met - for parliament to be dissolved, for the constitution to be rewritten, for authorities to stop harassing critics and letting the people of Thailand have freedom of speech.

I don't think things will get violent in Thailand, they are peaceful people but you never know.

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

6 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Yes it's been peaceful and yes it was mostly students but also people of all ages were at the protest and that was wonderful to see because let's be truthful the government in power are doing a horrible job.

I'm pretty confident Prayut will not step down though.

The thing that is worrying is at least nine if his opposition figures living abroad have disappeared. Two were found dead !! 

Thailand's people are fighting for change.

They say they will continue protesting if their main demands are not met - for parliament to be dissolved, for the constitution to be rewritten, for authorities to stop harassing critics and letting the people of Thailand have freedom of speech.

I don't think things will get violent in Thailand, they are peaceful people but you never know.

I’m speaking from a very uneducated perspective here, but wouldn’t a military run government be the best to deal with ‘not so peaceful prostests’ against their current rule. If it was the other way around, there would be potential for change. However as it stands, it’ll remain regardless of protest? 

Please correct me if I’m wrong (which is likely). I assume the protests are peaceful because going the other way would be a fairly poor decision and get nullified more quickly than the peaceful route? 

8 hours ago, fuchsntf said:

Backpackers of Today are also Mixed with the little rich boys n girls......!!!

yes they are but trust me most of them are on a budget and also many of them get super drunk and act like idiots in Thailand.

Many of Thai people don't like them.

My wife owned 3 backpacker hostels here in Thailand, she and many of her colleagues grew to hate theses type of backpackers.

Thailand is a funny places, Thai people want farangs to come here and spend money but also some have a hate towards them.

Some thai people can be very racist but you get that in every country.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

The more the price goes up the more I think we'll wait till the end of the window before we buy. Every price I see the moment a player is linked with us or another PL club I hear those ching ching sounds of the cash register. Everybody like a pack of wolves now sniffing out the deals or waiting to the last possible second to get the highest price. I'd love to read Rudkin's mind right now because its not easy to predict what our plan is.

17 minutes ago, Leeds Fox said:

I’m speaking from a very uneducated perspective here, but wouldn’t a military run government be the best to deal with ‘not so peaceful prostests’ against their current rule. If it was the other way around, there would be potential for change. However as it stands, it’ll remain regardless of protest? 

Please correct me if I’m wrong (which is likely). I assume the protests are peaceful because going the other way would be a fairly poor decision and get nullified more quickly than the peaceful route? 

Yes I don't think anyone wants theses protests to be violent.

80 civilians and six soldiers were killed in a protest in back in 2010 in Thailand. 

No one wants to see that happen again.

A military government would be the best to deal with a violent protest but the military government are not the best when it comes to running this country.

I must say it is wonderful being able to talk to you all about the situation here in Thailand because at times I have tired talking to my Thai friends and some have warned me not to talk about the problems going on, and have even said I could lose my job. 

I've even been told to not post about it on my fb haha 

Sorry that my last few posts have had nothing to do with Tagliafico .

Edited by Vindaloo FOX

48 minutes ago, Vindaloo FOX said:

Yes I don't think anyone wants theses protests to be violent.

80 civilians and six soldiers were killed in a protest in back in 2010 in Thailand. 

No one wants to see that happen again.

A military government would be the best to deal with a violent protest but the military government are not the best when it comes to running this country.

I must say it is wonderful being able to talk to you all about the situation here in Thailand because at times I have tired talking to my Thai friends and some have warned me not to talk about the problems going on, and have even said I could lose my job. 

I've even been told to not post about it on my fb haha 

Sorry that my last few posts have had nothing to do with Tagliafico .

It’s off topic but I don’t think anyone will be too bothered, most posts provide zero insight into what’s going on with the transfers anyway. All the best mate :scarf:

2 hours ago, Leeds Fox said:

It’s off topic but I don’t think anyone will be too bothered, most posts provide zero insight into what’s going on with the transfers anyway. All the best mate :scarf:

Actually, the situation in Thailand may sometimes be more relevant to our transfer dealings than we think !  At least vindaloo can bring some facts and supportable opinions into a part of the forum which, by definition, will be sadly lacking in such things ! 

taglia who ?