Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

4 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Which was the last player we signed who was 'in his prime' and became a success here?

Off the top of my head most prime players have struggled here.

Huth? Ricardo? Kasper? Fuchs? Morgan?

Edited by MPH
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, messerschmitt said:

We sold Maguire without a replacement. I don't think Fuchs can play any games anymore.

in the Same way Morgan can’t?

Fuchs will be absolutely fine for a game or two here and there.

Defensively he's probably not an improvement on Chilwell in top form, but he's no slouch and Chilwell hasn't been in good form for a year. Where we'll really see the difference is offensively, the real width Tagliafico and Ricardo would give us would be insane, and probably help our wingers out a lot as well.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Could be on.

I’d hope he’d be more than an option by now if we are publishing that Chilwell is on his way.

Typical of us to sell Chilwell without anyone lined up.

Too much noise behind this before a deal is or close to being agreed. If he was a real option, it would’ve been at advance stages now rather then just an enquiry. The rumours around Chilwell have been ongoing for 6 months and it’s been a few weeks since the end of the season. I’m not letting myself be sucked in. Too good to be true.

4 minutes ago, Mickyblueeyes said:

Too much noise behind this before a deal is or close to being agreed. If he was a real option, it would’ve been at advance stages now rather then just an enquiry. The rumours around Chilwell have been ongoing for 6 months and it’s been a few weeks since the end of the season. I’m not letting myself be sucked in. Too good to be true.

Tend to agree. I reckon we’ve got Jamal Lewis.

1 hour ago, baldeagle said:

We’d already got a replacement in for Maguire . 

We tried to sign Tarkowski and Ake but couldn't because of the price. The powers that be clearly didn't think Soyuncu would be good enough but we got lucky that time. hoping we learnt something from that.

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Tend to agree. I reckon we’ve got Jamal Lewis.

He's just treading water for me. Will be very disappointed if Lewis is the replacement.

Just doesn't have the mentality in the final third yet. Similar to Chilwell. Not saying he doesn't have great potential just that we need someone with all the tools now. A starter.