Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Shane

Tagliafico

Tagliafico and Telles are 2 of the best left backs out there and both likely available under £30m and both aged 28 soon. If there was a left back as good as either of these in the 21-25 age bracket we could get then great but there won't be.

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Tagliafico and Telles are 2 of the best left backs out there and both likely available under £30m and both aged 28 soon. If there was a left back as good as either of these in the 21-25 age bracket we could get then great but there won't be.

The only one I can think of is Reguilon but from what I've heard Real Madrid want a buyback clause, which isn't ideal. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Sambiasso said:

Which was the last player we signed who was 'in his prime' and became a success here?

Off the top of my head most prime players have struggled here.

To be fair we don't go after that profile of player very often but Ulloa, Okazaki, Huth (arguably past his peak) spring to mind. Notable players in their peak who flopped is a longer list Slimani, Hernandez, iborra, Silva, musa (apparently 24 when we signed him but come on!), 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don’t understand why the market is so quite for Telles... his stats are unreal.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Isn’t Portuguese the spoken language In Argentina and Brazil? Point I’m trying to make is he could of communicated with Ricky P anyway. But his English is very fluent! 

Nope, just Brazil. They speak Spanish in Argentina, but his English is decent anyway so shouldn’t be an issue.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, st albans fox said:

And who is playing right back for the first six weeks .....

Well probably Justin and Fuchs or Thomas at left back? 
I’m only asking the question as it would seem (as similar with soyuncu) that we have a ready made replacement already at the club 

Fuchs is going to be way of starting for the first few games, he tore his groin before the Sheffield United game and was estimated to be out for twelve weeks. Thomas is a good prospect, but can’t be deemed a regular starter because of a couple of decent showings. He needs a loan for regular games, and a new contract given he’s only got a year to run. A replacement for Chilwell is as big a priority as a wide player and a centre back in my view. Tagliafico would be a good replacement for the money suggested

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

I can't believe we'd sell Chillers without a like for like replacement completely lined up. He's our only real LB. The young lad is too raw & Fuchs legs can't handle too many games.  

We sold Maguire without a replacement. I don't think Fuchs can play any games anymore.