Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

Andy King to leave at the end of the season

2 hours ago, Koke said:

King is finished, and has been for at least 4 years. Will be surprised if he even cuts it in the Championship. 

He hasn't played for the last 18 months or 2 years, because he just isn't very good. Sentimental signing by Pearson. But good luck I guess. 

He's a model professional who will have an influence in the dressing room - and a far better choice than getting Wayne Brown in as player liaison.

2 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...no, just intelligent enough to say enough to address the question without elaboration on the details!!!

Hmm, I don't get that line of thinking at all.

I find that incredibly corporate, boring and rehearsed, everything I hate, so I'll never get that :D

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

The issue is that we sent players to them without even asking the manager whether he even wanted or needed them, just because we send players we can’t expect the manager to shoe horn them into his side

The whole thing with Leuven is that they still want to be seen as their own team rather than our training ground for youngsters, and until January the relationship with them had been great until be dumped Benkovic and King on them, personally I think we overstepped the mark in expecting them to give game time to a player really out of sorts (Benkovic) and King who even himself said it was a “King Power” move

...that I would surmise is not something that can be verified!!!

You would expect a conversation to have taken place prior to the placement. If that was not the agreement then it is no surprise we find ourselves in this predicament. We have put other players on their rosters (Hirst being one of them) previously, and if Brys is the first manager to voice his disquiet regarding this set up, it explains everything.

2 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

That manager isn't a team player is he?

....you would actually say he was sticking up for OHL and would I believe be praised by their own supporters for doing so!!!

It would be interesting to see the views of OHL posters on here, and I would say they would be 100% behind Brys.

3 hours ago, Koke said:

King is finished, and has been for at least 4 years. Will be surprised if he even cuts it in the Championship. 

He hasn't played for the last 18 months or 2 years, because he just isn't very good. Sentimental signing by Pearson. But good luck I guess. 

Don’t see Pearson as the sentimental type. He needs to do well at Bristol City, otherwise his reputation in the game will go further downhill. Apart from Leicester, do any fans at other clubs he has managed really rate him? The only clubs that seem to come in for him are teams who think they should be challenging for at least the play offs, but in reality haven’t competed with the real heavyweights in the Championship. 

Watford fans where he gave them some hope didn’t seem bothered when he left. The only player as far as I aware that spoke highly of him was Deeney, who probably prefers an old fashioned straight talking manager. 

I will be forever grateful to NS for kickstarting where we are now and do wish him well this coming season. But I can’t see Bristol City challenging, but hope to be proved wrong. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Freeman's Wharfer said:

Not sure the Bristol Post receives either a print run or much web traffic in either Thailand or Belgium so think King will just about be fine…

...so we have the article on FT and we have supporters from OHL who post to this forum!!!

The world is no longer that large, that news takes several months to get from A to B.

Love Kingy! Absolute model pro and sounds like he helped the youngsters out loads when here. Can see him going into coaching/management at some point. 

Not sure what he has left to give though, which at only 32, I know sounds crazy, but he just seemed to fizzle out towards the end of his career with us, and then didn't do much with his other clubs after that. 

Pearson obviously trying to recreate some Leicester magic, but as much as I want Kingy to make an impact in the championship, just can't see it tbh. Weirdly the same goes for Pearson. Think he will struggle again and not last long. 

Prove me wrong boys! :worship:

19 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Love Kingy! Absolute model pro and sounds like he helped the youngsters out loads when here. Can see him going into coaching/management at some point. 

Not sure what he has left to give though, which at only 32, I know sounds crazy, but he just seemed to fizzle out towards the end of his career with us, and then didn't do much with his other clubs after that. 

Pearson obviously trying to recreate some Leicester magic, but as much as I want Kingy to make an impact in the championship, just can't see it tbh. Weirdly the same goes for Pearson. Think he will struggle again and not last long. 

Prove me wrong boys! :worship:

King is exactly what they need right now. They’ve had a right clear out of the squad and have a lot of youngsters coming through. Everyone on here saying he’s got nothing to offer is probably thinking it from a goal-scoring midfield point of view, which we all know those days are long gone. 

What he will provide on the training ground and in the dressing room is utterly priceless, he’s just such a class guy all round. Fantastic signing for Bristol city on and off the pitch. 

Having said that, I tend to agree about Pearson. I’m desperate for him to do well (even though I’m a Bristol Rovers man over Bristol city) but it’s a tricky job for him down here. All the potential of a premiership club though so if he gets it right the possibilities are endless.

38 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Having said that, I tend to agree about Pearson. I’m desperate for him to do well (even though I’m a Bristol Rovers man over Bristol city) but it’s a tricky job for him down here. All the potential of a premiership club though so if he gets it right the possibilities are endless.

Probably his last roll of the dice at Championship level. Fails again and may struggle to get a job above League 1 unless with promotion. 

Find it bizarre how poorly Pearson has done since leaving us. Will always rate him as a top manager, but evidence is suggesting otherwise these days. 

15 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Probably his last roll of the dice at Championship level. Fails again and may struggle to get a job above League 1 unless with promotion. 

Find it bizarre how poorly Pearson has done since leaving us. Will always rate him as a top manager, but evidence is suggesting otherwise these days. 

He is more than caoankr if winning the championship.   Niges problem were always against managers who could re jig during a game.

6 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

He is more than caoankr if winning the championship.   Niges problem were always against managers who could re jig during a game.

So caoankr in fact that despite managing in the Championship many many times and for different clubs, he managed it only once and took most clubs backwards.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Absolutely no objection to this thread whatsoever, but does it not belong in the 'Former players' thread' now?

I don’t think kingy deserves to be in the same thread in which Conrad Logan and anstey nomads are also discussed! lol

2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

I don’t think kingy deserves to be in the same thread in which Conrad Logan and anstey nomads are also discussed! lol

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy (and met him once to thank him) but I'm always slightly uncomfortable with backwards looking hero worship (as opposed to backward-looking - one for the linguists there).

On 15/07/2021 at 16:09, HighPeakFox said:

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy (and met him once to thank him) but I'm always slightly uncomfortable with backwards looking hero worship (as opposed to backward-looking - one for the linguists there).

I wonder why evolution hasnt produced an animal with eyes in tbe back of its head as well as the front... anyone know?

Edited by foxinsocks