Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

Andy King to leave at the end of the season

10 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

He is just explaining why he didn't play.

Think you are over reacting.

...that is why a lot of players come out with the same pre planned response to questions!!!

You do not have to go into details, just say..." it didn't work out and I am looking forward to the challenge, of taking Bristol City, the club I support, as far as possible, over the coming season...."

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Really interesting comment there, I wonder if that brings an end to us loaning players over to OHL for a while.

Doubt it will end us loaning them players, more likely just will include actual discussions with the Leuven manager as to whether he would use them or not - otherwise it is a pointless loan

Just now, moore_94 said:

Doubt it will end us loaning them players, more likely just will include actual discussions with the Leuven manager as to whether he would use them or not - otherwise it is a pointless loan

True, considering Iversen had a decent spell until his injury. 

Would've preferred to have recalled Benk If he wasn't going to get a kick 

38 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...that is why a lot of players come out with the same pre planned response to questions!!!

You do not have to go into details, just say..." it didn't work out and I am looking forward to the challenge, of taking Bristol City, the club I support, as far as possible, over the coming season...."

Too many players come forward with robotic answers these days, far to much media training.

All he's really said is the manager don't fancy him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UniFox21 said:

Really interesting comment there, I wonder if that brings an end to us loaning players over to OHL for a while.

If players' progression is being stunted by a coach reluctant to play lads who have been sent there by us, then Kingy's comments are useful as we can send them somewhere else.

• Like 3

48 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Too many players come forward with robotic answers these days, far to much media training.

All he's really said is the manager don't fancy him. 

...he is not saying that!!!

He is actually stating that the OHL Manager has an issue with players coming from Leicester and failed to give them the opportunity to prove themselves. If it has not already, there is a conversation now to be had by Top or an Executive of both clubs, this issue can not continue indefinitely, and needs to be resolved.

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Is that what you want? Just boring robotic players with no opinions or personality? 

23 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He is actually stating that the OHL Manager has an issue with players coming from Leicester and failed to give them the opportunity to prove themselves. If it has not already, there is a conversation now to be had by Top or an Executive of both clubs, this issue can not continue indefinitely, and needs to be resolved.

The issue is that we sent players to them without even asking the manager whether he even wanted or needed them, just because we send players we can’t expect the manager to shoe horn them into his side

The whole thing with Leuven is that they still want to be seen as their own team rather than our training ground for youngsters, and until January the relationship with them had been great until be dumped Benkovic and King on them, personally I think we overstepped the mark in expecting them to give game time to a player really out of sorts (Benkovic) and King who even himself said it was a “King Power” move

45 minutes ago, FLAN said:

Any imagine there is a huge amount of excitement in Bristol over this signing. 

How many premier league winners are they signing on a regular basis? They should be happy they have his experience in the squad, even if he rarely plays.

Edited by Facecloth

14 hours ago, UHDrive said:

I didn't think Kingy was the type to publicly come out with that. He's a club legend and all he's doing is dropping the manager in further crap (assuming there is an issue there).

Disappointed Kingy.

14 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

King’s not the controversial type in the media either, doubt he’d make comments like that without any substance. 

Once mentioned to him about his article on Puel where I suggested he went in "two footed"

"Two footed? That wasn't even the half of it!" :o

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

King is finished, and has been for at least 4 years. Will be surprised if he even cuts it in the Championship. 

He hasn't played for the last 18 months or 2 years, because he just isn't very good. Sentimental signing by Pearson. But good luck I guess. 

Edited by Koke
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Koke said:

King is finished, and has been for at least 4 years. Will be surprised if he even cuts it in the Championship. 

He hasn't played for the last 18 months or 2 years, because he just isn't very good. Sentimental signing by Pearson. But good luck I guess. 

Some managers need a squad member that acts as the link between the players and management, his eyes and ears in the dressing room to aid communication. King is ideal for that role even if his pitch time is limited. 

16 hours ago, Sly said:

Yes, makes me think (hope) we might have a player in Benkovic! 

I mean he's also rocked up at Bristol City and Cardiff and the manager has mysteriously not given him a kick there either..... lol 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

You really think he's not had those conversation with owner and it's a surprise to Top.

It's hardly going to be a surprise to anyone, and he owns the OHL manager nothing.

I'm not saying it not an issue more it's not a issue King talking about it.

2 hours ago, Fox92 said:

He's still a legend regardless. Couldn't care less what anybody says about some club in Belgium.

It isn't about being a legend. Of course he's a legend and I wish just like he did that he couldve got a preferable move he would've wanted in the last couple of seasons. However, it's unprofessional to be a "model pro" for 10 years at your club, leave, and then start mouthing off about owner/manager.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Once mentioned to him about his article on Puel where I suggested he went in "two footed"

"Two footed? That wasn't even the half of it!" :o

That isn't a direct quote though.

2 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Literally who cares. 

I think we need to be careful with comments like this. Could be symptomatic of big club mentality creeping in - something we have all criticised in the past. Personally I am interested and had a great chat with a Bristol City mate of mine earlier who is isolating so I popped over to talk in his driveway. Please let’s not belittle the fabric of comings and goings across the football pyramid, it’s key to being a football fan.

16 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

His just speaking the truth, he done little wrong in my view.

It hardly controversial.

Some people, just like to make Mountains out of molehills...

Yes even FT-Posters can be just as bad as the clickbait-media..:ill:

• Like 2