Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Trumpet

Andy King to leave at the end of the season

Always thought he would make a great coach or manager. Seems to me like he has the right mentality and intelligence to thrive. 

I am surprised he hasn't considered retiring and getting himself a coaching job. Would love to see him one day become Leicester manager. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Funnily enough he told me today he was doing his badges as management/coaching is something he wants to go into.

He's just turned 31 so doesn't want to stop playing just yet.

Did he say anything about the lvl of offers he may of had? I’d imagine he’s had some lower league offers but was holding out for something a bit higher up the ladder?

5 hours ago, Zaphod Beeblebrox said:

Always thought he would make a great coach or manager. Seems to me like he has the right mentality and intelligence to thrive. 

I am surprised he hasn't considered retiring and getting himself a coaching job. Would love to see him one day become Leicester manager. 

3 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Funnily enough he told me today he was doing his badges as management/coaching is something he wants to go into.

He's just turned 31 so doesn't want to stop playing just yet.

Can see him being a decent coach but I would think he would be 'too nice' to be a good manager.

• Like 1

Good to see Kingy get some punditry work recently, he has won my stream last week for the Arsenal game, think it was the Malaysian coverage and I thought he came across really well, communicated well and made some decent points, all by video link.

But also a shame that he can't find a club, at 31 he's got something to offer someone. Lots of footballers out of work at the minute. 

• Like 1

Based upon his career, circumstances and similarities to other successful managers, I've always thought he'd make a great manager. 

He's witnessed just about it all in his career with us. 

He has a great foundation to start ASAP in management. 

From the one's he worked under, anyone know which manager has inspired him the most?

Vialli? Lampard? Gerrard? :D 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Danny Clender said:

Based upon his career, circumstances and similarities to other successful managers, I've always thought he'd make a great manager. 

He's witnessed just about it all in his career with us. 

He has a great foundation to start ASAP in management. 

From the one's he worked under, anyone know which manager has inspired him the most?

Vialli? Lampard? Gerrard? :D 

:pearson:

• Haha 1

If its championship or lower, I guess his wage demands might be an issue. 

Clubs are struggling, as we know, so ones with hardly any income and a wage bill to pay, might be unwilling to take a punt on him. 

Would love him to find a decent club though as I still feel he has a lot to offer 💙💙💙

Should Morgan and Fuchs retire/leave next summer we could be looking at a testimonial game for all 3 of them

Hopefully Morgan will take on the rumoured executive role and Kingy eventually comes back in some coaching capacity, with Fuchs of course finally getting to head off to America

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Should Morgan and Fuchs retire/leave next summer we could be looking at a testimonial game for all 3 of them

Hopefully Morgan will take on the rumoured executive role and Kingy eventually comes back in some coaching capacity, with Fuchs of course finally getting to head off to America

Kasper will be eligible for his testimonial too soon.

Probably be about 2022 before we can do these properly though...

3 hours ago, Hollyfox said:

If its championship or lower, I guess his wage demands might be an issue. 

Not sure wages would be a huge stumbling block. I think he'd take a pay as you play deal.

Probably could've gone to OH Leuven but with his Mrs heavily pregnant he wouldn't want to be abroad, especially with the world as it is right now.

PS. A correction to my earlier post, he's 32 not 31.

• 7 months later...
On 01/11/2020 at 14:34, foxinsocks said:

32 not very old.  He doesn't look like the kind of guy with vices.  I am surprised he hasnt got a club yet. 

Baffling to be honest. He's not crap or anything. I can't fathom why lower Premier league or championship teams haven't snapped him up. 

6 hours ago, Royston. said:

There's probably 100 players who can offer what kingy can (experience aside)

And I bet they don't want anywhere near the wages he would want.

I'd be amazed if he was after a big wage at the expense of playing. He doesn't seem the type and he's earnt a decent sum in the last few which I doubt he will have wasted.

Really strange. Never seen such an obvious case of a players' legs going. And from somebody so famously professional as well. His body just gave up on him.

Remember the last couple of seasons with us he just looked completely knackered in every minute he played.

2 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Definitely a good person to have around the squad for his experience and character. If he can still do a job is another question. 

Hopefully Pearson signing Simmo, James and Kingy doesn't come back to bite him. 

Also love how they've blanked out King Power but kept the SCB sponsor on the sleeve