Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ashley

FIFA 21

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

I have him but of course untradeable. Everyone decent I’ve packed is untradeable this year. I think the highest sellable player was TOTYHM Marquinhos and he was about 180. I’ve packed HL Theo, IF Pogba, WI RIcky P, FS Reece James among others, which would have been 2m+ coins and none really make my team (maybe Theo but I like baby Bobby c from my icon pack better) 

#FirstWorldProblems

He is the only player I have tradeable at the minute tht is worth anything 🙈 would be nice if he went up to 200k but can’t see it. Just done the 85 x 5 pack but will be saving it for next weeks promo. Have a few ultimate packs as well from doing the sbcs 

One win off Gold2 for the second week running. If I could speak to my team the message would definitely by “it’s not you, it’s me”! Can tell I’m getting better but still have the odd match where the opposition is playing a different game to me or just stupid mistakes.

• Like 1

Comfortably Gold 2 this week. Odd weekend though, no tight games that went to penalties it was either a rage quit win or an thumping loss from a god team full of icons and TOTY’s. Quite enjoyable for a change.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, stu said:

Comfortably Gold 2 this week. Odd weekend though, no tight games that went to penalties it was either a rage quit win or an thumping loss from a god team full of icons and TOTY’s. Quite enjoyable for a change.

Same with me gold 2. Only 1 game went to extra time all the other games as you described. Got hammered by a 94 rated full icon team 9-2. But beat a near on full toty 93 rated team 8-3. Matchmaking seemed all over the place this weekend

• Like 1

I’m on 11 wins from 20 games -  not bad for my first WL. Hopefully I can get 3 wins from 10! 

Got IF Kelechi as one of the choices for my 10 win player pick along with the 79 Russian. Other was Koopmeiners so, sorry Kels, had to go for the 86 for the fodder. 

I also just thought eff it and did the 82x25 pack, got blue flairs and UCL Buffon popped up as the face card. Heart dropped but there were two 86s, a few 85s and 84s and then some 83/82 fodder 

• Like 3

11/3 and out...on another note I seen a lot of love for that Lars Bender RB sbc card as a cb so completed both him and Sven then snapped up Toty Neuer and I’ve got to say to my surprise I’m loving Sven Bender more than Lars who is also quality! Much better use for my fodder than these scam packs I keep getting sucked into! That being said my fodder is running mighty low now lol 

• Haha 1

Gold 3 Baby!! Two games to spare and had to win on pennos after the guy got a 122 min equaliser with one min of added time!! Gave the last two games as free wins 

Going for a lie down now (plus the wife is going to kill me for getting too “worked up”)

😂😂

Edited by HoustonFox
  • Like 2

Any tips for defending corners? 

I've got 91 Joe Hart in goal. It's not just him but keepers inability to catch is really frustrating. Keeper comes, punches either goals out for another corner😴 or gets cleared to around the edge of the box and the opposition player always picks the ball up first(same for when I've got a corner) then the attack starts again. 

I'm not expecting the keepers to come and claim everything but it's actually getting silly. 

Somebody messaged me at half time to call me a disgrace because. I'd had about 30% posession and was somehow winning 2-1. I play a 4 1 2 1 2 on "attacking" so it's not exactly a defensive mindset. When I'm up against a team with 4 icon players in attack and somehow managing to keep then at bay I'd say that's anything but disgraceful. Anway, spent the first 25 minutes of the second half defending what felt like the same attack and then managed to pop on a counter attack and scored from the resulting corner lol

He rage quit immediately and messaged again asking my record. I just said "1 better now thanks mate".

• Haha 2

33 minutes ago, Ashley said:

I've got 91 Joe Hart in goal. It's not just him but keepers inability to catch is really frustrating. Keeper comes, punches either goals out for another corner😴 or gets cleared to around the edge of the box and the opposition player always picks the ball up first(same for when I've got a corner) then the attack starts again. 

I'm not expecting the keepers to come and claim everything but it's actually getting silly. 

Having just snapped up Neuer I’ve actually noticed just how good he is at coming out and claiming the ball from corners! Really like what I’ve seen from him so far

2 minutes ago, filbertway said:

Somebody messaged me at half time to call me a disgrace because. I'd had about 30% posession and was somehow winning 2-1. I play a 4 1 2 1 2 on "attacking" so it's not exactly a defensive mindset. When I'm up against a team with 4 icon players in attack and somehow managing to keep then at bay I'd say that's anything but disgraceful. Anway, spent the first 25 minutes of the second half defending what felt like the same attack and then managed to pop on a counter attack and scored from the resulting corner lol

He rage quit immediately and messaged again asking my record. I just said "1 better now thanks mate".

I rarely msg anyone but I crumbled on Friday after playing 1 to many 1 depth drop back players running the 5 atb formation, I lost 3.2 despite the lad only having 3 shots.... I msged him saying any chance of getting a few more players back to defend..... he msged me back saying oh I was playing you I thought I was playing squad battles lollol had my pants right down lol ..... morale of the story don’t rage msg folk on a video game lol 

• Haha 1

Just now, dbtcity said:

I rarely msg anyone but I crumbled on Friday after playing 1 to many 1 depth drop back players running the 5 atb formation, I lost 3.2 despite the lad only having 3 shots.... I msged him saying any chance of getting a few more players back to defend..... he msged me back saying oh I was playing you I thought I was playing squad battles lollol had my pants right down lol ..... morale of the story don’t rage msg folk on a video game lol 

Hahah I could understand it if I was shithousing it. 

I keep playing people that play 5 3 2 or 5 2 3. Even though they have 90+ rated players all over the park. I think I had over 20 shots in one game and only one made it through to the goal. Obviously he picked me off on the counter with some ridiculously rapid player haha.

I did an online draft last night and got excited when Bobby Moore appeared, so had him in my team. I was regretting it after I saw Ronaldo show him a clean pair of heels for the 5th time and put my opponent 7-0 up lol

Turns out he has 62 pace or something like that haha. 

I played a 5 4 1 in my first 2 weekend leagues because my team was really poor in comparison to what it is now. I can't play without 2 up top now though, I like having bodies up the field when I win the ball back

Current team is 

Schmeichel - Icon 93

Docherty - 88

Fofana - 86
Varane -  87

Mendy - 82

Kante - 88

Bale FUT - 85

Grealish - 88
Mane - 90

Cavani - 90 

Werner 85

Werner is the only player that's survived from my original weekend league team he has been my Vardy haha. Won 16 from 30 on the weekend league. Annoying as I was 10 from 12 at one point. I then went on an awful run of 1 win in 12. Had a break and then won 5 of my last 6.

I think the issue was trying to play 20 games in one sitting lol

25 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

Combat the 1 depth and 5 backs by having your fullback on balanced, gives you so many more attacking options wide.

Your fullback doesn't have a winger to mark so you end up with loads of 2 v 1 against their wingback.

Doesn't really increase the chances of being counter, I tried 1)  both Fullbacks and CMs on stay back and 2) only have 1 CM on stay back and the other on balance as well as the full backs.

I can get gold 1 doing both ways but option 2) is loads more fun.

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

Drop Joe Hart, that significantly improve my WL. 

Have you got instructions on him? I’ve never had a keeper catch a corner on this game. 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Combat the 1 depth and 5 backs by having your fullback on balanced, gives you so many more attacking options wide.

Your fullback doesn't have a winger to mark so you end up with loads of 2 v 1 against their wingback.

Doesn't really increase the chances of being counter, I tried 1)  both Fullbacks and CMs on stay back and 2) only have 1 CM on stay back and the other on balance as well as the full backs.

Went down this route last night but had to put stay back whilst attacking on the full backs as it was wild when it came to getting countered! The amount of players it gets forward even with telling the fbs to stay back is brilliant though to the point I’m tempted to just run the set up from the get go regardless of the oppos formation

3 hours ago, Ashley said:

Pretty sure that Joe Hart has the cautious with crosses trait. So if you want him to come for crosses you are going to need to tell him to via the player instructions. I assume you are doing that already if he is coming for the ball.

I have the same issue with TOTW Neuer in goal and I always bring him out to the 6 yard box, however he punches literally everything even when it’s easier to catch it! Does my nut in as I want him to catch it so I can launch a counter attack and especially in the cases he just punches out for another corner.

Edited by stu
Typo

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Agree with this.

I play a 4222 formation with fullbacks on balanced, overlap with the two CM’s on stay back while attacking, cover centre and the two CAM’s on free roam, come back on defence.

I find that in the event of a counter it means there’s at least 3/4 players at the back, depending if I’ve manually triggered a CM to make a run, who can stop/hold up the attack until the team comes back to support.

The overlapping fullbacks then make great attacking runs too, which sometimes are missed by the opposition as if you anticipate their run they don’t appear on the screen until the pass as been made and they are already behind the defence. Camera settings dependant obviously, but think the majority have the default settings.

Edited by stu
Clarity

The annoying thing for me is that even if your FBs are on stay back they still go forward somewhat or just miss the ball. So many times this weekend my opponent would be on drop back and spam a through ball and Capa would try to get it and miss. Might be also that he’s H/H? 

45 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

The annoying thing for me is that even if your FBs are on stay back they still go forward somewhat or just miss the ball. So many times this weekend my opponent would be on drop back and spam a through ball and Capa would try to get it and miss. Might be also that he’s H/H? 

Put conservative interceptions on your full backs instead of Normal 👌🏻