Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

I’m not an idiot so I know quite literally, the line has to be drawn somewhere, but it seems a bit daft that Glenfield is included purely because it’s included in Leicester’s primary urban area. The outbreaks are several miles away on the other side of town 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, stripeyfox said:

so is it the shaded area, or in the red line?

The red line. The shaded area was previously considered apparently but they’ve decided to just leave it as the red line...

Which begs the ****ing question, why would you leave the shaded area on the map?! I genuinely think you’re all just being taken for a load of mugs. It’s like this government get a serious kick out of leaving the general public with loads of ambiguity and confusion - as if we have 4 more years before we can even contemplate doing anything about these absolute ***** in office. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, RonnieTodger said:

Pardon my ignorance, but how did they come to the conclusion that a Sainsbury’s and sandwich factories were where the outbreaks happened?

Multiple positive tests from there I think?

• Thanks 1

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

So for anyone else who knows LFE, it seems Forest Park will be closed but you can get a pint 5 mins up the road at the Red Cow as it’s west of the M1. 

lol I used to work at the Cow. Literally is a 5 minute walk from Forest Park

54 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just as a comparison it was announced in the last couple of hours that 36 suburbs in Victoria will be locked down.

In the same press conference we had all the details of what people would and wouldn’t be allowed to do and a full list of 36 postcodes affected. As well as how this would be policed. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-30/victoria-coronavirus-hotspot-local-lockdowns-in-melbourne/12407138

49 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

They have known about this for 11 days how can they not have a list of the areas effected and a list of the restrictions imposed at announcent? 

This is very, very basic stuff and is probably a window into the chaos and lack of clarity in other areas of government! 

I mean I live in oadby work in Nottingham am I supposed to work today? What's the crack? 

47 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

It really is just straight up incompetence and clearly they aren't learning from their mistakes

The knowledge that this was happening is not dissimilar between Leicester & Victoria, 11 days apparently for Leicester & the Victoria CHO said recommending lockdowns came after the "significant increase" in cases over the past couple of weeks, so lets say 14 days. See this wasn't an explosion of cases over the past 24-48hrs in Vic & they have acted immediately despite what Piers the knowledge of all Morgan might blather about.

How do you Police - extra units will patrol the area in Victoria  - it will be the same in Leicester

Now here's something the Premier of Victoria said "This only works if people comply, this only works if people use common sense and I am confident those communities will do that,"

Now doesn't that sound familiar yet a mountain is being made about Leicester in the UK, yet something very similar is being played out in much the same way somewhere else in the World but its classed as being on the ball.

The snippets of information are being driven by the media & the likes of Matt Hancock are having to react to the media questioning which isn't ideal & comes across as the Government drip feeding detail

The heads up has been given, people now know its coming, from Thursday for schools they now have 2 days to sort care etc, the detail is being finalised, postcodes etc to be published shortly, things take time there has to be an amendment to law for example, why can't people wait for the detail before making knee jerk reactions to every little announcement.

Edited by BKLFox
  • Like 1

19 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Yeah but you weren't supposed to drive far from your home when lockdown first started or see people from other households but there wasn't actually anything physically stopping you getting in your car, driving the length of the country and going to a friend's house. 

Lockdown laws have required a certain amount of self control from the start, I doubt they're going to change that now and put up checkpoints at every potential road exit to the city limits, surely? 

It'd send exactly the sort of message Boris wants to avoid about his government. 

This is a bit different though. It would always be difficult to control the whole country and it would require people to self police simply due to the shear amount of control that is required. I would have thought it would be exactly the sort of message that boris wants to send out, everyone outside of Leicester will be thinking we're on top of the situation and can control it in specific locations.