Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

5 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

And if you checked my subsequent post you'd have seen similar topics raised. 

I believe that was after my post, anyways semantics, hopefully you have now realised that what you said can be taken as being racist and perhaps more significantly rhetoric that has no foundation or evidence simply to either cause a reaction, to provoke divide or simply just ignorance. As fennegan has also pointed out, this wasn't necessarily directly pointed out at you per se, but the few people who have the same rhetoric as you suggested. 

Edited by hejammy
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, hejammy said:

I believe that was after my post, anyways semantics, hopefully you have now realised that what you said can be taken as being racist and perhaps more significantly rhetoric that has no foundation or evidence simply to either cause a reaction, to provoke divide or simply just ignorance. As fennegan has also pointed out, this wasn't necessarily directly pointed out at you per se, but the few people who have the same rhetoric as you suggested. 

Thank you oh wise one, we are not worthy

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

All this will do is screw up the legit businesses in Leicester. How do the government propose to police a lockdown in Leicester without putting roadblocks up and bringing the army in, what’s to stop people just travelling 10 miles down the road. How are we supposed to play our home games, or will we have to play at a neutral ground which everyone said was unfair on the teams a few months back. I notice it’s a few days after the game cup game, so at least that competition can carry on!

It's not ACTUALLY going to be like the city of Leicester is quarantined though is it? It's just businesses and schools here will stay closed and people will be asked to adhere to lockdown restrictions. 

There'll be nothing to stop you getting in your car and driving to Loughborough or whatever. 

There's not gonna be tanks on the A6 and apache helicopters doing rounds of the border to keep us in line. 

Edited by Finnegan

Just as a comparison it was announced in the last couple of hours that 36 suburbs in Victoria will be locked down.

In the same press conference we had all the details of what people would and wouldn’t be allowed to do and a full list of 36 postcodes affected. As well as how this would be policed. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-30/victoria-coronavirus-hotspot-local-lockdowns-in-melbourne/12407138

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Just as a comparison it was announced in the last couple of hours that 36 suburbs in Victoria will be locked down.

In the same press conference we had all the details of what people would and wouldn’t be allowed to do and a full list of 36 postcodes affected. As well as how this would be policed. https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-06-30/victoria-coronavirus-hotspot-local-lockdowns-in-melbourne/12407138

Now you're just rubbing it in lol

16 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

It's not ACTUALLY going to be like the city of Leicester is quarantined though is it? It's just businesses and schools here will stay closed and people will be asked to adhere to lockdown restrictions. 

There'll be nothing to stop you getting in your car and driving to Loughborough or whatever. 

There's not gonna be tanks on the A6 and apache helicopters doing rounds of the border to keep us in line. 

All non-essential travel in and out of the area is banned, according to the news.

They have known about this for 11 days how can they not have a list of the areas effected and a list of the restrictions imposed at announcent? 

This is very, very basic stuff and is probably a window into the chaos and lack of clarity in other areas of government! 

I mean I live in oadby work in Nottingham am I supposed to work today? What's the crack? 

Just now, The whole world smiles said:

They have known about this for 11 days how can they not have a list of the areas effected and a list of the restrictions imposed at announcent? 

This is very, very basic stuff and is probably a window into the chaos and lack of clarity in other areas of government! 

I mean I live in oadby work in Nottingham am I supposed to work today? What's the crack? 

It really is just straight up incompetence and clearly they aren't learning from their mistakes

• Like 1

Obviously weren't expecting to have to impose a local lockdown and I don't think they're that bothered. Sending an email in the early hours and seemingly no coherent plan in place.

Errr, you've got quite a lot of infections in comparison to other cities so...I dno, keep things how they are for a couple more weeks and see if that helps?

Test less if you want less infections would be my advice.

Regards,

M 'n' B

21 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

All non-essential travel in and out of the area is banned, according to the news.

Yeah but you weren't supposed to drive far from your home when lockdown first started or see people from other households but there wasn't actually anything physically stopping you getting in your car, driving the length of the country and going to a friend's house. 

Lockdown laws have required a certain amount of self control from the start, I doubt they're going to change that now and put up checkpoints at every potential road exit to the city limits, surely? 

It'd send exactly the sort of message Boris wants to avoid about his government.