Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
weller54

Possible 2nd lockdown for Leicester?

10 minutes ago, RobHawk said:

Leicester is the guinea pig for localised lockdowns. 

The End

You're probably right. If you were looking for a city to practice on, you would look for a city with the most diverse population with the least amount of trouble between the differing races. Leicester is known for its multiculturalism so it's the obvious place to pick on.

signed

Anonymous Outsider to the Diseased Zone.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, filbertway said:

There wouldn't be any deaths for another 2 weeks would there? 3/4 weeks to see deaths from infection is about right isn't it. So it'll be interesting to see if there's an increase in deaths between 6th-13th july

On the available data - cases in Leicester peaked around 8th-11th June and again on 17th. So you'd expect to see those manifest now. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

On the available data - cases in Leicester peaked around 8th-11th June. 

Ahh sorry, I thought it was 18th. So we're hitting the 3 week point now. So this week is when we'd expect to see deaths from that then.

Talk about bolting the gate after the horse has left lol

2 minutes ago, Costock_Fox said:

Maybe but if the case numbers of 10% national cases are correct then fair enough, it’s just late again.

For anyone heading on holiday soon, I’ve already heard of an instance where a camp site doesn’t want anyone from Leicester coming.

My parents were meant to be going Sunday for 2 weeks, they reckon they're going to just cancel it now.

Just now, filbertway said:

Ahh sorry, I thought it was 18th. So we're hitting the 3 week point now. So this week is when we'd expect to see deaths from that then.

Talk about bolting the gate after the horse has left lol

Edited my post but 17th/18th as well. Hancock announced on 18th there was an outbreak. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

I'm struggling to understand this. 

Am I right in thinking that they've gotten the time frame wrong for lockdown, there are no current deaths, we're guinea pigs and they've still managed to cock up getting out the information and guidance..

What is actually happening at the minute?

13 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

I'm struggling to understand this. 

Am I right in thinking that they've gotten the time frame wrong for lockdown, there are no current deaths, we're guinea pigs and they've still managed to cock up getting out the information and guidance..

What is actually happening at the minute?

The government are clueless that's been pretty clear.

I was kinda on board with them from lockdown starting up until the "stay alert" message now it feels like they don't have a clue.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Manini said:

The red line. The shaded area was previously considered apparently but they’ve decided to just leave it as the red line...

Which begs the ****ing question, why would you leave the shaded area on the map?! I genuinely think you’re all just being taken for a load of mugs. It’s like this government get a serious kick out of leaving the general public with loads of ambiguity and confusion - as if we have 4 more years before we can even contemplate doing anything about these absolute ***** in office. 

2 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I was kinda on board with them from lockdown starting up until the "stay alert" message now it feels like they don't have a clue.

I actually think they know exactly what they're doing. They've almsot certainly realised quite quickly that logically it makes no sense to try and protect everyone from a disease that is unlikely to affect you unless you're incredibly unhealthy or 75+.

So they're kind of doing this "we have a plan, but we're not gonna be dead strict about it" thing. Rather than admit that the economy and the whole nations livelihoods and futures are more important than a small percentage of the population potentially catching a virus that could be fatal for them.

I think as long as the NHS isn't close to being overwhelmed they'll continue to act this way. It's a toss up between admitting that you're willing to sacrifice people to help ensure that the country isn't plunged into poverty or looking a bit clueless. I guess they think looking like prats is more forgivable when it comes to the next election.

6 minutes ago, Captain... said:

I've been supporting them for the majority of lockdown, but this is a bit silly imo. From what i've read, the 'spike' in cases was the two weeks leading up to the 26th of June. 41 cases confirmed between 16th June to 26th, which is nothing really. Its silly.

1 hour ago, Costock_Fox said:

Maybe but if the case numbers of 10% national cases are correct then fair enough, it’s just late again.

For anyone heading on holiday soon, I’ve already heard of an instance where a camp site doesn’t want anyone from Leicester coming.

Well it’s funny you say that, the owners we are renting from in August are blanking my calls today 😂 

• Haha 2

944 cases reported in the last two weeks.

135 cases per 100 000 people w/e 21 June.

How do these figures work?

How many people have actually been tested in that time?

How does this compare to national figures?

And they won't release postcode details on specific areas as its against data protection protocols.

It's all very sketchy.

Edited by Legend_in_blue

Spoke to mine earlier, he's still happy for us to go. If we still wanted to go, obviously :ph34r:

That's been happening to my family for about 30 years. :ph34r:

• Haha 1

50 minutes ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

The problem is, and always has been, people not following the rules.

Changing the rules won't make any difference.

The BBC is suggesting that some communities are not following the rules due to translation difficulties. Does Leicester really have that many unable to speak English? 

1 minute ago, Spudulike said:

The BBC is suggesting that some communities are not following the rules due to translation difficulties. Does Leicester really have that many unable to speak English? 

Probably a fair number, but I'd suggest that each family would have at least one member fluent enough in English.

10 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Has this been posted yet? Explains the situation well, though obviously not to us unimportant people :(

What does pillar 2 mean?

Just looked:

• Pillar 1: swab testing in Public Health England (PHE) labs and NHS hospitals for those with a clinical need, and health and care workers
  • Pillar 2: swab testing for the wider population, as set out in government guidance
  • Pillar 3: serology testing to show if people have antibodies from having had COVID-19
  • Pillar 4: serology and swab testing for national surveillance supported by PHE, ONS, Biobank, universities and other partners to learn more about the prevalence and spread of the virus and for other testing research purposes, for example on the accuracy and ease of use of home testing
Edited by bmt
  • Thanks 3