Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace Match Thread - 04/07/2020

1 minute ago, Blue and white said:

What annoys me is we've got a keeper and five defensive players on the bench and fans will be moaning about not using enough subs again later lol Why not add a younger player as an option that the opposition hasn't heard of if needed.

Agreed, but you should use all your subs anyway and statistics bear this out.  Fresh legs are a huge advantage late in games.

Based on who we're lining up, Praet, Gray and Barnes should be givens if we're not already ahead.  Yes, you'd love to have another attacking option to go to late - the bench is way too defensive.  

3 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Not sure how you went from Praet being "positioned" to the right of midfield on the flanks and referring to losing balls in midfield if he's already playing out of position.. 

You mean when we had the drinks break and Rodgers was screaming at Praet, shortly after this? He's in midfield, he loses his man and Everton score.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Mark said:

I'm surprised so many fans rate him to be honest, he's as much a drifter as Perez.

Fully agree. 

I’m not sure what he offers.

2 minutes ago, Beechey said:

You mean when we had the drinks break and Rodgers was screaming at Praet, shortly after this? He's in midfield, he loses his man and Everton score.

So players that are played way out of position, and THEN make mistakes is all down to the player and not the manager right? 

6 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

So players that are played way out of position, and THEN make mistakes is all down to the player and not the manager right? 

He wasn't out of position - he was playing in the centre of midfield, he's obviously not on the wing. Albrighton is, he is to his right. Praet is between Albrighton and Ndidi/Tielemans.

Are you serious?

Screenshot 2020-07-04 at 14.28.51.jpg

Edited by Beechey

6 minutes ago, Blue and white said:

What annoys me is we've 9 subs but one is a keeper plus five defensive players and fans will be moaning about not using enough subs again later lol Why not add a younger player as an option that the opposition hasn't heard of if needed.

You would think with the 5 subs option and the lack of fans, it would be the best chance for the reserves to be introduced to PL football

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

The bench is a shocker, what’s the point In having two CB, a LB who can play at CB and two holding midfielders. 
To me it would make sense to put a couple of young lads on the bench and give them some experience.

It would have been a lovely opportunity for at least one bump up from the u23's, but I'd say our 3 results, so far, have cancelled that option. 

Feels like if we score, we'll "park the bus" and switch to a 9-1 formation, Mendy up front.