Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Crystal Palace Match Thread - 04/07/2020

Just now, Mark said:

I'm pretty sure that's his this role for Belgium though.

It is, usually a deeper role too with the likes of De Bruyne in front of him pulling more strings.

In this line-up, no-one else to pull such strings lol 

• Like 1

Hopefully a diamond just no point creating space and overlaps on the flanks when it results in a cross for big centre halves to mop up. 

We looked our best vs Everton creating space with little one twos around the box.

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

To be fair if we're just banging crosses in which has been the case recently I'd rather it was him than any other winger 

hmm, what is worse?  Pointless possession at the back, or pointless loss of possession (crosses with no targets)?

I hate that I'm asking that rhetorical question.

Hopefully not a discussion point after this match.

8 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I noticed BR was having a go at Praet too and Praet having a go back. What can Praet do though when BR shoves a CAM out onto the right wing out of position? Laughable that was.

Probably something to do with Praet losing his man in midfield and allowing him a free run into the box for Everton's first goal. :dunno:

Edited by Beechey

Guest An Sionnach

Keep the ball on the ground at all times , Cahill and Benteke will win anything in the air.

1 minute ago, KingsX said:

hmm, what is worse?  Pointless possession at the back, or pointless loss of possession (crosses with no targets)?

I hate that I'm asking that rhetorical question.

Hopefully not a discussion point after this match.

Pointless loss of possession is worse, but it's harder to watch pointless possession at the back.

Just now, Dunge said:

Could be a 3-4-1-2.

Schmeichel

Justin - Evans - Soyuncu

Albrighton - Tielemans - Ndidi - Chilwell

Perez

Iheanacho - Vardy

I have my doubts, I think Fuchs would be starting as a CB (as in other games) if that was the case

1 minute ago, Beechey said:

Probably something to do with Praet losing his man in midfield and allowing him a free run into the box to set up Everton's first goal. :dunno:

Not sure how you went from Praet being "positioned" to the right of midfield on the flanks and referring to losing balls in midfield if he's already playing out of position.. 

1 minute ago, Danny Clender said:

Could this be considered a Plan B?

I'd rate the bench as Defensive. 

The bench is a shocker, what’s the point In having two CB, a LB who can play at CB and two holding midfielders. 
To me it would make sense to put a couple of young lads on the bench and give them some experience.

• Like 3