Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace Post match

40 minutes ago, Line-X said:

You absolute tit. 

Wow! 
I simply pointed out our game changed significantly because Chillwell wasn’t Involved in the second 45 minutes.

Do you conduct your life in the same way if someone says something you disagree with? 

Charming indeed! 

22 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Oh come on. Look at the post. Clear as day it's a dig at Chilwell.

Was it? It was an observation which I’d made on watching his last 3 appearances. Particularly the last minutes of the Everton game. 

1 hour ago, Bourbon Fox said:

Sky Sports puts highlights on YouTube straight after the match nowadays which is great, but I don't think you'll find a replay of the whole game? Best you'll get is Match of the Day, unless there's something I don't know about? 

There's a lot of online sites that upload the match, it's inconsistent though, because Leicester aren't a "big" team there's less focus on them so different sites will post matches almost at random sometimes.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

Was it? It was an observation which I’d made on watching his last 3 appearances. Particularly the last minutes of the Everton game. 

So good to have you back, with your negativity. Disingenuous - who says 'King crab' if they're not having a dig. Get honest with yourself.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 1

Not sure how JV got MOTM on the tv and in many papers tbh.  Before his ‘proper’ goal he looked awful imo.  Nacho for me was the one who changed how we played and put a shift in ..  and others shined as well.  Must be something to do with hitting the ton maybe ...:)

• Like 3

27 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

So good to have you back, with your negativity. Disingenuous - who says 'King crab' if they're not having a dig. Get honest with yourself.

Yes, that’s right. He tends to play sidewards when we need forward impetus. He wasn’t playing and we were much more direct and forward in our play. 
That’s not saying he’s doing anything wrong is it? 

1 minute ago, Ceirboy said:

Yes, that’s right. He tends to play sidewards when we need forward impetus. He wasn’t playing and we were much more direct and forward in our play. 
That’s not saying he’s doing anything wrong is it? 

The game changed after we scored

second half possession 40/60 as they were forced to try and equalise and we were able to be more direct when we had the ball.  You can’t compare apples and oranges 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ceirboy said:

Wow! 
I simply pointed out our game changed significantly because Chillwell wasn’t Involved in the second 45 minutes.

Do you conduct your life in the same way if someone says something you disagree with? 

Charming indeed! 

Actually, to remind you, this is what you said...

2 hours ago, Ceirboy said:

And it’s not a coincidence Chilwell wasn’t involved in that 45 minutes of football.

The King crab can stay off the pitch on Tuesday as well please. 

It's relief as much as anything. It really is about time we gave them a good beating after some of the hammerings they've given to us in the past few years.

I did fear it was going the same way as the last few games at half time, but luckily we got the goals and we've ended up winning it comfortably in the end.

I don't think every problem has all of a sudden gone away - I do think we were slightly fortunate on both the first two goals. At the same time I think we were about due something like that going our way, we've not had much of it lately.

But you cannot sniff at a 3-0 win. Vardy 100 goals too (101 now obviously), absolutely unbelievable really, one of the best football stories you'll ever tell.

43 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Not sure how JV got MOTM on the tv and in many papers tbh.  Before his ‘proper’ goal he looked awful imo.  Nacho for me was the one who changed how we played and put a shift in ..  and others shined as well.  Must be something to do with hitting the ton maybe ...:)

Him and Perez did very well.

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

He got mom on the basis of his 100th PL goal - nothing else !

though did you notice at least two occasions when he chased down the centre halves to stop the clearance near the touchline .... vintage vardy !!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, pmcla26 said:

Chilwell is one of our more direct players mate :D 

The game changed when the goal went in, we became more direct after because there was more space in behind with them chasing the game, not solely because Chilwell went off. 

What is the problem? I merely pointed out that we went on to win the game 3-0 once Chilwell wasn’t involved. 
My opinion is Chilwell is sometimes too defensive and brings the game back a bit. 
When the system was tweaked, we were comfortable winners in the end. 
Jeff Schlupp used to be one of our most direct players too! 

Gud mornin me ol'cockers..

What a nice pleasant day after

A Beautiful Sunday...Enjoy Waking up...English Breakfast,Shaped into a smiling face...No 'Not Hungry Frustration pains)

Kiss & cuddle with wife...no wiping Away tears of frustration...

Getting ready for a pleasant walk.. No grumpy greetings or telling the neighbours Dog & kids to pss off....( and I am in Germany)

looking forward to Sunday roast....no pre indigestion ...

Gran kids visit...Pleasantly taken,No missery-guts gramps....

What A Great day,und World Smiles again....

Just because,my Leicester eventually decided...its time to Stop mucking around und Pick up 3 points....

Life can be so simple...:celebrate:

2 hours ago, st albans fox said:

He got mom on the basis of his 100th PL goal - nothing else !

though did you notice at least two occasions when he chased down the centre halves to stop the clearance near the touchline .... vintage vardy !!

Yeah it was great to see vintage Vardy back. Rogers hinted at that before the game in that he's renowned for never giving up on lost causes. I think we'll see him doing that if he's not involved in the game or getting limited touches. If he is heavily involved we'll see him reserving energy a bit more. All about trying to find that balance I guess. 

2 hours ago, Line-X said:

Actually, to remind you, this is what you said...

Amazing isnt it,once someone points put the cynical agressive Posting on One of our own players...I

The culprit declares innocence and total dismay & hurt at being questioned...

50 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

What is the problem? I merely pointed out that we went on to win the game 3-0 once Chilwell wasn’t involved. 
My opinion is Chilwell is sometimes too defensive and brings the game back a bit. 
When the system was tweaked, we were comfortable winners in the end. 
Jeff Schlupp used to be one of our most direct players too! 

I get what you're saying. He does sometimes drive forwards only to hesitate and then play it sideways or backwards rather than taking his man on. It can look ponderous and frustrating at times when we know we can still play on the break.

I think what people are taking issue with is that you're implying we only won because Chilwell went off which isn't the case. He is one of our more direct players and once the goal went in he'd have loved life running down the left. 

12 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Gud mornin me ol'cockers..

What a nice pleasant day after

A Beautiful Sunday...Enjoy Waking up...English Breakfast,Shaped into a smiling face...No 'Not Hungry Frustration pains)

Kiss & cuddle with wife...no wiping Away tears of frustration...

Getting ready for a pleasant walk.. No grumpy greetings or telling the neighbours Dog & kids to pss off....( and I am in Germany)

looking forward to Sunday roast....no pre indigestion ...

Gran kids visit...Pleasantly taken,No missery-guts gramps....

What A Great day,und World Smiles again....

Just because,my Leicester eventually decided...its time to Stop mucking around und Pick up 3 points....

Life can be so simple...:celebrate:

Hers or yours? 

3 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Hers or yours? 

I said Kiss & cuddle,..its Sunday you heathen..:P

Ooohmm.  Nice thoughts, Stay calm...oohhhmmm   🙏🙏Don t Let that naughty Aus twist the Days  calm momentum...poo..bah...!!

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I said Kiss & cuddle,..its Sunday you heathen..:P

Ooohmm.  Nice thoughts, Stay calm...oohhhmmm   🙏🙏Don t Let that naughty Aus twist the Days  calm momentum...poo..bah...!!

Sorry buddy, stay calm think happy thoughts!

20 hours ago, Crashtoasted said:

Quick word about Barnes off the bench. Unbelievable.

Big props to Fuchs as well. So dependable and I always feel he's a safe option. Obviously involved in the last goal as well.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, foxinsocks said:

Yes... I wonder if vardy is more likely to come to the front post if barnes is coming to the back post.

I have long thought that when the ball comes in from one side the opposite winger should come into the box.  Gray is especially bad at this. He always waits to see if he can pick up a ball coming back out... but this leaves us understaffed in the box 

...it's hard to believe that a player has come this far and doesn't understand that process!!!!

There are a lot that goes on, on the pitch and you can see what is required, so the answer might lie with what they have been instructed.

22 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I purposefully didn't watch that one, took the dog out in my retro Leicester shirt instead. Suppose I've got to do that every bastard match til the end of the season now

At least yours is easy to replicate. I was grateful to my brother for getting married yesterday so I had a good reason not to watch it. 

Now me, me dad and my son have to find weddings to gatecrash every match day!

Gettong the classifieds out and my all day drinking boots on. Anyone know of any Tuesday weddings in the non lockdown parts of Leicestershire?