Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace Post match

Great team performance, which i put down to the intensity we started the match. High press and quick interchange of passes, with passes hit with purpose.  That's the whole point of playing sideways, to eventually find an overload and switch to firmer more direct passing. It's how we started off the season and let's hope how we finish it too. We looked a top 4 club again 

Vardy has hopefully got the monkey off his back and can kick on to the golden boot.

Quite a promising performance showing more dimensions to the style of play and possible formation options. Bennett seemed quite solid to me, and also thought Justin is looking more assured despite a couple of careless passes. Good to see Barnes getting involved in play again.

Champions League back on :scarf::chant::appl:

Edit: I think Chilwell has generally played well since the restart, but he is frustratingly one footed, more so than any player I can remember watching. It permeates everything he does and makes him too predictable going forward. He really needs to practice with his right foot over and over to get to the next level. Hope he’s OK for the rest of the season.

Edited by WigstonWanderer

Guest Danny Clender
10 hours ago, Parafox said:

I must have missed that. He made a fairly routine catch low to his right but other than that, I can't think of a save he had to make.

It's a shame you missed it, it was an incredible save. 

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Anyone know where I could get the replay online? Would like to watch it again.

Sky Sports puts highlights on YouTube straight after the match nowadays which is great, but I don't think you'll find a replay of the whole game? Best you'll get is Match of the Day, unless there's something I don't know about? 

I’m surprised at how many posters are raving how well we played. 

Great getting the win. Palace were ideal opponents. However this game was an exercise in sheer will and persistence in getting the win. A number of players finally showed some tough grit to get it over the line. It’s what it’s about at times and if only that responsibility was taken in both Watford/Brighton games we’d be laughing now 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I don't get it, he did absolutely nothing wrong in that game, got into good positions, defended well. Nothing wrong.

Precisely!

Only came off because he was injured as well. It worked in our favour but that's not because Chilwell did anything wrong.

3 minutes ago, Beechey said:

I don't get it, he did absolutely nothing wrong in that game, got into good positions, defended well. Nothing wrong.

Well you never know then if his absence assisted in our triumph, will you? 
I know what I think. 

Edited by Ceirboy

7 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

I’m surprised at how many posters are raving how well we played. 

Great getting the win. Palace were ideal opponents. However this game was an exercise in sheer will and persistence in getting the win. A number of players finally showed some tough grit to get it over the line. It’s what it’s about at times and if only that responsibility was taken in both Watford/Brighton games we’d be laughing now 

We did play better though no doubt about that regardless of the opposition! But you are right the mentality was spot on today I think some home truths were told to the players prior to the game and let’s hope now the players, play now with that same mentality in the last remaining 5 games.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Precisely!

Only came off because he was injured as well. It worked in our favour but that's not because Chilwell did anything wrong.

..He wasn't saying he did anything wrong!!!

Our new shape after he went off provided something different and gave us a less predictable style of play.

Would the game have transitioned to the final outcome if Chilwell had still been on the pitch?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Poiseuille said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but can somebody explain how we were able to sub Hamza on?

I thought the new 5 sub rule still only allowed 3 opportunities to make substitutions?

I haven’t worked it out but I’m assuming we made 3 in play and then another set at HT which is fine. The 3 opportunities don’t include any made at HT

52 minutes ago, Ceirboy said:

And it’s not a coincidence Chilwell wasn’t involved in that 45 minutes of football.

The King crab can stay off the pitch on Tuesday as well please. 

You absolute tit. 

Guest An Sionnach

All of a sudden our bench doesn't look so bad , if we sign Bennett and Benko gets his act together , our defence looks pretty sound . I am pretty sure that Pereira and Chilwell operate best as wing backs , so that gives us width. If we have a problem in midfield its having Maddison, Tielemans and Praet on the pitch at the same time , rotation needed here as Man. City do. When it comes to strikers , Vardy still remains the main man but Perez , Barnes and Iheanacho can be used to suit the match. We really need two new players for a European campaign , an experienced and strong midfielder and a big , proven goalscorer. Ideal candidates for me Loftus-Cheekes and Mitrovic. Big money will have to be spent of course but when you join the top clubs you have to do that.

11 minutes ago, adam95581 said:

I haven’t worked it out but I’m assuming we made 3 in play and then another set at HT which is fine. The 3 opportunities don’t include any made at HT

Subs at HT aren't considered a break in play, so don't count as one of the three sub opportunities 

41 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..He wasn't saying he did anything wrong!!!

Our new shape after he went off provided something different and gave us a less predictable style of play.

Would the game have transitioned to the final outcome if Chilwell had still been on the pitch?

Oh come on. Look at the post. Clear as day it's a dig at Chilwell.

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Enjoyed the little section from Keown on how Vardys runs changed before and after his goal. Did highlight how before the goal his runs weren't what we'd expect from Vardy. 

Yes... I wonder if vardy is more likely to come to the front post if barnes is coming to the back post.

I have long thought that when the ball comes in from one side the opposite winger should come into the box.  Gray is especially bad at this. He always waits to see if he can pick up a ball coming back out... but this leaves us understaffed in the box 

• Like 1