Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace Post match

2 hours ago, RonnieTodger said:

****ing get in there, we really needed that  and so did Vardy.

great to beat that crusty old tosser Hodgson too 

And defy Jon Moss's attempts to put us under.

1 hour ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I purposefully didn't watch that one, took the dog out in my retro Leicester shirt instead. Suppose I've got to do that every bastard match til the end of the season now

I thought Birstall was locked down? :P

1 hour ago, Danny Clender said:

Jamie Vardy, frustrates me to the point of convincing myself he should be on the bench and then he does that, absolute fair play to him.

Leicester Legend and amazing to see him reach 101 today. 

Games are 90 minutes and not 45, just like seasons are 38 games and not 31, Vardy proved that today.

That last goal was vintage Vardy. Still though, not MOTM today for me.

Ndidi was critical to today's win, he had the midfield stitched and if he maintains that for the remaining games, we'll be in a strong position for top 4, again. 

Just about everything looked great today, Justin got his confidence back, Barnes looked super sharp, Tielemans was superb and linked so much play together, defence was solid, incredible save from Schmeichel, Iheanacho continues to score and make things happen from deep and Perez looked properly composed in his position today, I hope his injury doesn't rule him out for tuesday. 

Great selection, changes and tactics from Rodgers, it makes his after game talks from the previous 4 sound convincing now. 

And that's that's the best pretend injury I've ever seen in football, just so that Chilwell could go to the toilet, he knows he just has to put his hand up. 

I must have missed that. He made a fairly routine catch low to his right but other than that, I can't think of a save he had to make.

• Like 1

The only threat CP posed was from their corners. We had them on toast for most of the game. They were absolutely the image of any Hodgson team, including when he was England boss. Sit with 4/5 in midfield, block any forward routes for the opposition, make 5 at the back when under attack and show no spearhead going forward. They hardly ever play on the break. Shit team, shit manager, shit moaning foul-faking players. 

Jonathon Moss can do one. He's not fit to ref Northampton v Forest Green never mind the PL.

1 minute ago, Parafox said:

The only threat CP posed was from their corners. We had them on toast for most of the game. They were absolutely the image of any Hodgson team, including when he was England boss. Sit with 4/5 in midfield, block any forward routes for the opposition, make 5 at the back when under attack and show no spearhead going forward. They hardly ever play on the break. Shit team, shit manager, shit moaning foul-faking players. 

Jonathon Moss can do one. He's not fit to ref Northampton v Forest Green never mind the PL.

Just listened to Chris Sutton on R5live and he has more or less said just what I have pointed out with regard to CP. :appl:

Well, Palace were utter dog-pooh, but you can only beat what’s in front of you. But we did okay. Going back tk when we were ‘sparkling’ earlier in the season, we had Ricky P, Madders, Barnes and JV all in top form. Maybe Chillers, too. We play currently with virtually none of that. With that in mind we did good. Not great, but good. So want Perez to do well, but he is soooooo lightweight. Justin was good - a different player to the last few games. He will be tested more in weeks ahead, but let’s hope he’s growing. 3ATB seems to suit what we have left. JV might be rejuvenated with that monkey off his back, following goal 100? Wilf was superb. Imperious. Evans, ditto. There was a hint of the old ‘swagger’ by the end. One swallow doesn’t make a summer , but I’m looking optimistically to the horizon for a feckin’ great big swarm of the things! Special mention for Fuchs. Loved that at 2-0, with the game dead,  he competed and appealed so ferociously for that tackle / throw in on the half-way line. Shades of Liverpool, post Ranieri, there. On such moments, games, and maybe CL targeting campaigns, can turn. Lots of work to do, but for the first time since restart, I rhink we  have a chance of holding on. Feels good. 

Edited by TrentFox
  • Like 3

In hindsight, very glad Brendan made the "wrong" decision to sub Nacho and keep Vardy on. He got lucky with his first goal but that was the old Vards for his second, and just the tonic for his confidence.

Great achievement to get 100 prem goals 👏👏👏

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Well, Palace were utter dog-pooh, but you can only beat what’s in front of you. But we did okay. Going back tk when we were ‘sparkling’ earlier in the season, we had Ricky P, Madders, Barnes and JV all in top form. Maybe Chillers, too. We play currently with virtually none of that. With that in mind we did good. Not great, but good. So want Perez to do well, but he is soooooo lightweight. Justin was good - a different player to the last few games. He will be tested more in weeks ahead, but let’s hope he’s growing. 3ATB seems to suit what we have left. JV might be rejuvenated with that monkey off his back, following goal 100? Wilf was superb. Imperious. Evans, ditto. There was a hint of the old ‘swagger’ by the end. One swallow doesn’t make a spring, but I’m looking optimistically to the horizon for a feckin’ great big swarm of the things! Special mention for Fuchs. Loved that at 2-0, with the game dead,  he competed and appealed so ferociously for that tackle / throw in on the half-way line. Shades of Liverpool, post Ranieri, there. On such moments, games, and maybe CL targeting campaigns, can turn. Lots of work to do, but for the first time since restart, I rhink we  have a chance of holding on. Feels good. 

So glad we have Jonny Evans. Calmness and great decision making from a truly experienced pro. Disregard the fouls he committed. All CB's do that for the good of the team.

2 hours ago, Poiseuille said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but can somebody explain how we were able to sub Hamza on?

I thought the new 5 sub rule still only allowed 3 opportunities to make substitutions?

Half-time subs are an extra opportunity 

We needed a bit of luck.  I thought we were a class above Everton but going 2-0 down early on is problematic.  Our luck was Palace making mistakes against us, a superior team.

I like Maddison and Chilwell.  Brilliant players.  Without them, changes had to be made.  It showed we have options.  Perhaps we had become too predictable. Going beyond our strongest starting 11 allowed strengths of individuals to shine through.  Perez, playing centrally , was excellent.  Ienacho is skilful and a nightmare for defenders.   He attacks crosses well, better than Vardy.  Tielmans, without Maddison, had different expectatio s thrust upon him; his skill set was clear to see today.

We are good enough to exploit variety in  our play.  Rodgers sticking with a starting eleven with the quality we have is understandable.  However, we have enough good players that changes can be very fruitful.  

Of late, we have been so superior in games against Arsenal.  Here's hoping for our next game.

Let's not get carried away, we weren't slick or fluid in our play but today the result was all important and we delivered. It's probably one of the few occasions under Brendan that we've won by grinding it out rather than in style. It is brilliant to finally see us win a game with a lot of pressure on it. 

2 hours ago, Poiseuille said:

Not sure if it’s been mentioned, but can somebody explain how we were able to sub Hamza on?

I thought the new 5 sub rule still only allowed 3 opportunities to make substitutions?

..didn't we bring on Fuchs at halftime?

That apparently does not count in the subs we are entitled to make.

5 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Let's not get carried away, we weren't slick or fluid in our play but today the result was all important and we delivered. It's probably one of the few occasions under Brendan that we've won by grinding it out rather than in style. It is brilliant to finally see us win a game with a lot of pressure on it. 

While we made mistakes I thought we were absolutely dominate, and fully deserved to win. Wouldn’t use the term grinding it out. The only save kasper made was from Cahill 

Edited by foxes_rule1978
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Fuchs came on at the drinks break or shortly afterwards 

the general lack of confidence means an extra touch which screws up the chance of getting behind their lines .....albrightons first touch pass inside to Perez did the trick and hopefully we begin to play with a bit more freedom now 

5 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

No we didn’t- weren’t you watching?

Its 5 subs from three opportunities, but HT doesn’t count as one.

This is what happens when things get shaken up.  I thought rodgers had blown it when nacho was subbed, but the palace mistake, and barnes been composed putting it on a plate for vardy seemed to do his confidence a big boost as vardy then took the final goal very well.

That 2nd goal for us sums up why I said we should close other teams down even when they in their own box.

Thought the same at the time re. Should’ve been Vards off not Kel, but in hindsight given that we were 1-0, made more sense to keep on Vardy for a potential counter attack with his pace, which worked wonders with his 2 goals and hopefully now added confidence. Also keeps Kelechi fresh for Tuesday :P

50 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

While we made mistakes I thought we were absolutely dominate, and fully deserved to win. Wouldn’t use the term grinding it out. The only save kasper made was from Cahill 

Not saying we weren't the better team but second half we played the percentage game, dropping back, and allowing Palace possession, which is not something we would normally do.

3 hours ago, Poiseuille said:

Bennett came on at half time, Perez and Tielemans came off at the same time, as HT doesn’t count to the 3 substitution group limit, we only used 3.