Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace Post match

3 hours ago, StanSP said:

Very bland voice to be fair lol 

Not so sure on Vardy MOTM either...

I thought Wilf was head and shoulders above everyone. He was magnificent today. Chuffed to bits for Vardy but Wilf was MOTM by a country mile.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

I thought Wilf was head and shoulders above everyone. He was magnificent today. Chuffed to bits for Vardy but Wilf was MOTM by a country mile.

Barnes, Wilf, Justin, Vardy, and evans a lot of excellent performances today. Vardy kept going despite the frustration and got his rewards, didn’t let his head drop. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Barnes, Wilf, Justin, Vardy, and evans a lot of excellent performances today. Vardy kept going despite the frustration and got his rewards, didn’t let his head drop. 

Don't get me wrong, I thought the whole team played well and would agree with all of those calls. I just thought that Wilf looked like the Wilf he was before his injury. I just felt his brilliance today was a catalyst for the rest of the team. He won everything.

• Like 1

Much better watch than the past few weeks. Best JJ has looked since the return, given the circumstances and loosing his Dad it’s probably not been a surprise he’s found it hard going so far. Second half was better. Concerned for a bit when Nacho came of, felt like we were happy to take 1-0 and we ended up inviting them on too much, fortunately they had no forward threat! Just what Vards needed for his 100, couldn’t miss, and the weight lifted off him from there on in. He took the second fantastically well! Wilf looked back on form, great assist from Tielemans. Arsenal seem to have found some form, so Tuesday won’t be easy. Hopefully we go into it with some optimism, and believe we can get a result 🦊💙

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Julian Joachim Jr Shabadoo said:

I purposefully didn't watch that one, took the dog out in my retro Leicester shirt instead. Suppose I've got to do that every bastard match til the end of the season now

Your Dog was in your retro Leicester shirt? Pic needed.

4 hours ago, Manini said:

Okay pal. 

Ive been first to say how shite we’ve been since we started back up but a confident Vardy changes everything. Tielemans also looked good. Two goals for Vards today and two assists for Barnes will change the game completely. We’ll give them a good go. 

Yes, I think it's likely that we will. But as I say, Palace were appalling today. Guaita made a horrendous error in judgement for the first (although great to see Iheanacho arriving precisely where he should be) and Sakho's characteristic blunder made the second. Brighton match excluded, Arsenal are a far better side than the farcical comedy act that arrived under Emery last November - plus, as I said, it's the Emirates. I hope I'm wrong. 

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Not saying we weren't the better team but second half we played the percentage game, dropping back, and allowing Palace possession, which is not something we would normally do.

We dropped of because we could, as soon as we go 1-0 it opens the counter attack. At 0-0 every team was lays 11 behind the ball so you can’t drop back 

• Like 1

We really needed that and I'm chuffed we got such a good result, hopefully we can really kick on from this now.

Having said that, I think 3-0 flatters us and I don't think the performance was that good.

1st half we created very little and just passed the ball from side to side for the most part. The first two goals were both amateurish defending from Palace, who were reasonably solid otherwise, but offered feck all going forward.

Arsenal look to be improving but I think playing them will suit us more than a side like Palace. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Good leadership from Kasper here.

7 minutes ago, Lesta2014 said:

At the end ‘the smiles are back’ 

Had to watch Cags at 6m again as I thought initially he nearly tripped and fell lol 

2 hours ago, Dr The Singh said:

We played a sleeping CR team, however we were better but not exceptional in any way.

We hope things will improve for us

That's pretty much the size of it for me.  We were marginally better, though the last 25 minutes of the first half were dreadful.  Once we scored CP was forced to play football and that suited us much better.

As for Vardy, he was truly awful before the goal and the first one was an absolute sitter.  But with scorers sometimes something like that is all that takes to break them out of a bad spell - like a shooter in basketball getting a layup and breaking out of a cold spell.  If that happens with Vardy, count your lucky stars because lord knows he couldn't go anywhere but up from where he was.  Looked much more confident on the second goal.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Good leadership from Kasper here.

1) who was that that stopped in the middle of the tunnel to check their grinder for 10 minutes? (Ndidi)
2) Excessive genital manipulation

Edited by ozleicester