Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Leicester 3-0 Crystal Palace Post match

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

On current form having those two out of the team might not be the worst thing ever. Chilwell I personally think people are overly harsh on as offensively I think he's been good since the restart, and not just for his goal against Watford. He has been culpable for some defensive gaffs though. Fuchs is better defensively, but with Ricardo out of the team we need our fullbacks to provide width.

When we went 352 we played quite well, even though Albrighton had to cut back to cross. Will be interesting to see if we start that way against Arsenal.

Question is why can’t BR make decisions to drop Maddison (or change his role as discussed prior) and Chilwell, instead of having it forced upon him due to injuries. As soon they recover, they will likely be back and in the same old formation playing boring football again ...

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Question is why can’t BR make decisions to drop Maddison (or change his role as discussed prior) and Chilwell, instead of having it forced upon him due to injuries. As soon they recover, they will likely be back and in the same old formation playing boring football again ...

Well, until that actually happens, why not just enjoy the win and acknowledge the fact he did make the change?

• Thanks 1

I've always thought Zaha was overrated but that's comfortably the worst I've ever seen him play. Remember when people argued he was worth more than Mahrez lol

give Justin credit of course but it wasn't made difficult for him. He just plays like a guy who thinks he's too good for them, so doesn't bother trying. 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

Well, until that actually happens, why not just enjoy the win and acknowledge the fact he did make the change?

Sadly you're wasting your time trying to convince this particular poster to stop whining about Chilwell and Maddison, no matter the circumstances

Just now, Guest said:

Sadly you're wasting your time trying to convince this particular poster to stop whining about Chilwell and Maddison, no matter the circumstances

To be fair to him, the match thread when we were comfortably losing 0-0 at half-time proves he is far from alone.

That’s the performance we needed. 

The whole team went up two or three marks but N’Didi, Tielemans and Bennet really brought their A game.

Two each for Iheanacho & Vardy in two games. 

Brendan deserves some slack today for stepping up and creating an attacking impetus, coupled with a lacklustre Palace it gave us a chance to reboot ourselves. 

The last twenty minutes were reminiscent of pre-December Leicester. 

Excellent all round, hopefully we can go on to cement our place in the top four now!

14 minutes ago, Big Dave said:

Needed that shoreline too - goal difference may be really important.

it’s the waves of attacks that impressed me... once vardy came out of his shell, he looked great...

• Haha 2

Went mental in that strawberry field when Vards got the 2nd😂

Such a hhhhhhhuuuuuggggggeeeeeee win, Ive back Perez all season and today the shift he put in showed me why, so much more effective down the centre, Wilf unreal, absolute beast, how sky didnt give him MOTM i dont know, delighted with that, happy saturday folks

Had to win. Did win.

Let’s hope this is the start of a great run that keeps us in the top four - not an isolated victory like West Ham and Villa.

Still lots of work to do but Vardy scoring will surely restore his confidence, because let’s be honest, he rather than Iheanacho deserved to be taken off after a woeful display up to that point.

Five ‘cup finals’ to go. Come on, boys. Let’s make this happen.

Jamie Vardy, frustrates me to the point of convincing myself he should be on the bench and then he does that, absolute fair play to him.

Leicester Legend and amazing to see him reach 101 today. 

Games are 90 minutes and not 45, just like seasons are 38 games and not 31, Vardy proved that today.

That last goal was vintage Vardy. Still though, not MOTM today for me.

Ndidi was critical to today's win, he had the midfield stitched and if he maintains that for the remaining games, we'll be in a strong position for top 4, again. 

Just about everything looked great today, Justin got his confidence back, Barnes looked super sharp, Tielemans was superb and linked so much play together, defence was solid, incredible save from Schmeichel, Iheanacho continues to score and make things happen from deep and Perez looked properly composed in his position today, I hope his injury doesn't rule him out for tuesday. 

Great selection, changes and tactics from Rodgers, it makes his after game talks from the previous 4 sound convincing now. 

And that's that's the best pretend injury I've ever seen in football, just so that Chilwell could go to the toilet, he knows he just has to put his hand up. 

Edited by Danny Clender

13 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

No one is perfect. He probably has his preferred players based on how players perform every day and how they work within his instructions and framework he gives them. By the way you could have made a compelling argument today that Vardy should have been hauled off, not Nacho based on performances, but Vardy has ended up with two goals including one clinical finish. Sometimes you have to persevere with players when they are having a bad spell.

I don't really understand the hate Rodgers has been getting recently. We are 3rd in the table despite losing a player to Man United in the summer, who we are ahead of. That doesn't mean he's beyond criticism but I have seen people asking for him to be sacked! Deary me.

With regards to boring football, do people that is something mandated by Rodgers? The same coach who after being 5-0 up against Southampton on one of the most terrible days in terms of weather conditions challenged his team to go and get more goals in the second half? If you read about Rodgers football philosophy, he likes possession because it controls the game and means his sides can impose their style of play on the game. But the reasons we've been so "boring" is that our fast passing and interchange to break the lines up top has been woeful since the restart. Players taking too many touches, poor first touches, not making the right runs. It's probably even more frustrating to him because he has them working on not playing that way during the training sessions.

Don’t disagree with you on some of your points and you are a well studied coach.

My view: 

• Like 1