Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Antonee Robinson

Leicester City have been linked with a move for Wigan Athletic's Antonee Robinson.

With Ben Chilwell continuing to be linked with a move to Chelsea, the Mirror are reporting that Brendan Rodgers' side are keen to get a left-back in should the England international move to London.

Robinson is likely to be available on a cut-price fee this summer with his club, Wigan Athletic, going into administration last week.

The United States international only joined the Latics last year for a reported £2 milliuon from Everton, whose academy he came through after joining at age 11.

Robinson nearly joined Italian giants AC Milan in January fro around £10m but the move fell through after the 22-year-old was discovered to have an irregular heart rhythm.

The former Bolton Wanderers loanee has made 32 starts this season and underwent an ablation procedure in March.

Robinson has played three matches since the restart of elite football following a break of over three months because of the coronavirus pandemic.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..The ball is a little too far from his body if you ask me, needs a much tighter control!!

End product not quite there at the moment, but could well end up as a fans favourite.

Poor back control, no end product = fans favourite!

More like we'd slaughter him every week.

5 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Getting players cheap because of administration always seems a bit cvntish to me, but hey, that's life i suppose. 

If we want the player we should make a point of paying his value and not undercut them. A few million to us is just a drop in the ocean to them it might be the difference between survival or disappearing forever. 

• Like 4

25 minutes ago, AjcW said:

Doubt it. He was about 5 minutes away from being presented as an AC Milan player in January, a superb prospect by all accounts. 

He'd be a JJ style signing, back up or starter. 

He failed a medical due to a heart problem and had surgery, he's only just come back. Sounds a no go to me 

3 hours ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

Poor back control, no end product = fans favourite!

More like we'd slaughter him every week.

...just needs some work!!!

He is very proactive and always looking to break forward, you just get the feeling that he probably played a lot in midfield as he loves to be on the ball and taking on players. Certainly pushing the ball ahead and having the pace to retrieve it needs to be done in certain situations, like one on one but he just needs to be tighter when carrying.

Personally I would love to have him hear, he would get people off their seats and we do not have a player at the moment that can take a player on and beat him.

Definitely one for the future.

• Like 2

Guest Mee-9

Sign him up. Hardly a risk is it. Give Wigan a couple of quid too and try and help them out a bit. 

2 hours ago, The_77 said:

Which he was treated for?

In March, it was revealed that the former Everton trainee would undergo cardiac ablation, which the NHS website describes as a "procedure that very carefully destroys the diseased area of your heart and interrupts electrical circuits".

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, jamfox said:

Sounds like he's fully recovered, though if I was in his shoes I'd be absolutely petrified stepping out onto the pitch again. But I'm sure he's had the best medical advice he can get and if Milan saw him as worth a seven-figure sum, I think that speaks volumes about him, regardless of how they're doing currently.

• Like 1

He looks very comfortable on the ball. A good back up to Chilwell and can learn from Fuchs. With European football coming up plenty of games and will need a squad of players. For a reasonable fee I can not see any negatives in this deal. 

• Like 1