Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Antonee Robinson

I remember us picking up a footballer a good few years ago who’s transfer to a top club had fallen through due to a heart defect, a certain Frank Worthington and he turned out ok, actually one of the best players to wear the City shirt.. :scarf:

• Like 2

14 hours ago, jonthefox said:

Getting players cheap because of administration always seems a bit cvntish to me, but hey, that's life i suppose. 

So does timing buying up property in an already economically weak Spain to coincide with a COVID vaccine, but it’ll make a lot of money 😱

6 hours ago, StevieB said:

In March, it was revealed that the former Everton trainee would undergo cardiac ablation, which the NHS website describes as a "procedure that very carefully destroys the diseased area of your heart and interrupts electrical circuits".

Exactly! He was treated for the condition. 

11 hours ago, AjcW said:

Doubt it. He was about 5 minutes away from being presented as an AC Milan player in January, a superb prospect by all accounts. 

He'd be a JJ style signing, back up or starter. 

Nahhh not for me. They might purchase him for that reason but it doubt he would turn out as a first teamed. Watched a lot of the lad and not sure he’s got what it takes. But would love to be proven wrong. 

I’m surprised by the lack of interest in getting this kid in. Watching the video what I notice is that he closed on attackers very quickly and also has the pace to get away from a player after making a tackle. That kind of explosive pace combined with quick feet makes him a top prospect to me. If we could get him on the cheap I think he would be a player suited to our setup and Brendan could coach him into a sensational player. Very little downside to me. 

• Like 2

He's the sort of signing you can probably make but then still make your money back if he doesn't make it. 

I'd doubt it though, with Fuchs sticking around and Thomas coming through I think it would be unlikely we'd be after back up. And if Chilwell leaves I think we'll have higher targets. 

23 hours ago, Mee-9 said:

Sign him up. Hardly a risk is it. Give Wigan a couple of quid too and try and help them out a bit. 

Not sure about the current ownership situation but I’d be against giving the Wigan owners anything as a gesture with what’s been going on there. Not nice for the fans but if the owners who dragged them into this mess are still there, they can rot in administration. 

• Like 1

Guest SO1
5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I know its just business, but does feel a little shit kicking a club when they're already down on their luck.

Is it Sporting(Portugal) who are always giving you guys discounts?

Edited by SO1

9 hours ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

I think a bidding war will get this fee eventually to around £5m similar to Justin when we brought him in.

If it's a release clause there won't be a bidding war, everyone will bid 1.5 million and he'll pick whatever club he wants. Only way it might be different is if he asks for a club to bid more, to help Wigan out or something.

For 1.5 million he'd be worth signing then loaning out for a season, we'd make easy profit on him (as harsh as that is on Wigan).

58 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

If it's a release clause there won't be a bidding war, everyone will bid 1.5 million and he'll pick whatever club he wants. Only way it might be different is if he asks for a club to bid more, to help Wigan out or something.

For 1.5 million he'd be worth signing then loaning out for a season, we'd make easy profit on him (as harsh as that is on Wigan).

..this kid is not a money making opportunity!!!

I really believe he will go all the way and will make the first team quicker than we think, he feels special.

10 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

..this kid is not a money making opportunity!!!

I really believe he will go all the way and will make the first team quicker than we think, he feels special.

I'll be honest mate I haven't seen anything of him, but purely from a business point of view 1.5 million will be good for us.

If he's as good as you say, even better!

• Like 1

On 06/07/2020 at 12:44, peach0000 said:

If we want the player we should make a point of paying his value and not undercut them. A few million to us is just a drop in the ocean to them it might be the difference between survival or disappearing forever. 

Didn't Man United make De Laet and James part of the same deal so they wouldn't have to pay a club a £500k sell on fee once? 

That tells you all you need to know about football clubs thinking on matters like that