Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Which players from MON's team would improve us?

Muzzy would strengthen any Leicester team.

Heskey would add something we are missing, a little more presence up front.

Don't think any of the defenders are better than what we have now.

If we could have a Steve Guppy who was physically up to today's standards that would be useful for crossing ability, but then again we have Albrighton who is pretty much the modern version of Guppy and he is like a square peg at the moment in a Rodgers team.

• Like 1

Just now, Lesta2014 said:

Matt Elliott was technically very good so I’d add him to other names said so far

Actually that's a huge shout. Although defensively we look solid Evans and Soyuncu are pretty mediocre at attacking set pieces, they miss some absolute sitters often in the same game. Football has moved on from relying on goals from defenders at set pieces but it's still an invaluable asset to have if possible and something we aren't blessed with.

• Like 1

Peak Matt Elliott would have every chance of displacing Jonny Evans. Very very similar in terms of defensive ability, both comfortable with ball at feet, but Elliott is more of a goal threat from set pieces.

Edited by martyn

1 hour ago, AKCJ said:

Muzzy gets into every Leicester side in history IMO.

Matt Elliott would probably play too.

I’ve been watching since 1965 & a season ticket holder since 1983.

I suspect I’m in the minority here, and the ‘game is all about opinions’, but Muzzy - love him as I did - probably wouldn’t make an all-time squad of 25 for me. 

Matty McElliott on the other hand plays in my starting XI, in which Walshy has lost his place to one of Huth or Evans, depending on my mood!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

I’ve been watching since 1965 & a season ticket holder since 1983.

I suspect I’m in the minority here, and the ‘game is all about opinions’, but Muzzy - love him as I did - probably wouldn’t make an all-time squad of 25 for me. 

Matty McElliott on the other hand plays in my starting XI, in which Walshy has lost his place to one of Huth or Evans, depending on my mood!

Graham Cross? 

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Actually that's a huge shout. Although defensively we look solid Evans and Soyuncu are pretty mediocre at attacking set pieces, they miss some absolute sitters often in the same game. Football has moved on from relying on goals from defenders at set pieces but it's still an invaluable asset to have if possible and something we aren't blessed with.

What you'd give to see an Elliott bullet header or a Muzzy long range volley/ shot again.

Pontus Kaamark and Matt Elliott were remarkable defenders. Heskey as foil for Vardy would be great. Prime Collymore would get in any match day squad at least. Izzet would make the bench, as would Flowers