Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
enmac

Which players from MON's team would improve us?

4 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Pontus Kaamark and Matt Elliott were remarkable defenders. Heskey as foil for Vardy would be great. Prime Collymore would get in any match day squad at least. Izzet would make the bench, as would Flowers

Kaamark is a good shout, great footballer

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Pontus Kaamark and Matt Elliott were remarkable defenders. Heskey as foil for Vardy would be great. Prime Collymore would get in any match day squad at least. Izzet would make the bench, as would Flowers

Please don’t get me started on Tim Flowers! You’re right in that he showed great quality at first. I think he picked up an injury?& when he came back he was just dreadful- any shot on target against him was a goal. In his last season   (Taylor’s relegation season) he was comfortably the worst keeper I’ve seen in a top flight Leicester side.

He is the only player who’d feature in both a ‘best squad’ and a ‘worst squad’ IMO!

Prime Heskey and Collymore would get in most teams today. 

I loved Izzett, however, I think a lot of him view him through blue tinted spectacles, he was good, however you couldn’t say that MI would talk into most teams. 

Elliott is an interesting one, as I don’t think the Premier League is full of great defenders. 

12 hours ago, Swan Lesta said:

None of them.

whilst I could make a case for Guppy, Muzzy and Collymore the game and the pace of the game has moved on.

Maybe Stan..... maybe....

Has it? Harry Maguire is Man Utd first choice centre back

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GingerrrFox said:

Kasper

Evans

Walsh

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Izzet

Ndidi

Guppy

Maddison

Heskey

Vardy

Cracking looking side but seriously Cags doesn’t look happy on the left of a three - I’d swap Taggs for Cags!

And after yesterday’s brain fart by Kasper, Kasey starts in goal.

2 hours ago, GingerrrFox said:

Kasper

Evans

Walsh

Soyuncu

Ricardo

Izzet

Ndidi

Guppy

Maddison

Heskey

Vardy

Great side, Personally would have Neil Lennon and Matt Elliot in the side. Take out Maddison and Walsh, and let Izzet play higher. Lennon for me was a superb defensive midfielder. Alongside Ndidi I think that is a superb midfield. 

1 hour ago, teblin said:

Elliott over Walsh for me but would be a cracking side.

5 minutes ago, Unique FC said:

Great side, Personally would have Neil Lennon and Matt Elliot in the side. Take out Maddison and Walsh, and let Izzet play higher. Lennon for me was a superb defensive midfielder. Alongside Ndidi I think that is a superb midfield. 

I went for Walsh because this team lacks bottle and guts. Walsh wouldn’t have condoned any of that in the sides he played in. Close call on Lennon but Maddison has the capability of the outrageous so he gets in for me. 

Just now, GingerrrFox said:

I went for Walsh because this team lacks bottle and guts. Walsh wouldn’t have condoned any of that in the sides he played in. Close call on Lennon but Maddison has the capability of the outrageous so he gets in for me. 

Right about Walsh. How we could do with someone like him or huth on Thursday. Maybe it’s time for Wes, but worry that he hasn’t played at all for months.

45 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

I can see your point on both. Walsh was excellent for us no question about that. Personally, just think Elliot was the better defender.  Maddison is far better on the ball than Lennon. But for someone of his ability his goals and assists are quite low. Izzet for me would do better in that role. And allowing Lennon and Ndidi will be a very strong central midfield to break down. 

• Like 1

All of them. Martin put a mentality and intelligence into his teams that walked through brick walls. Not sure any lasted long in his teams if they had no backbone either. And all these elements are things that this current crop (albeit more talented in other ways) are missing, including the Manager I'm afraid. Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard.