Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

13 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Rodgers inherited a more complete squad than ole. Yes ole spent 50 mil on a right back, 50 mil on a cam and 80 mil on a centre back but rodgers already had quality players in all of those positions. Only position you could make a case for is left wing as rashford is further in his development than barnes but barnes has done alright considering. We both have a hole at rw but rodgers doesnt really have an excuse for that as he bought perez for 30 mil who is not a right winger, of course from now on Ole has the upper hand due to funds but this season rodgers cant complain about ole outperforming when us and man united have had similar squads and similar injury problems.

Yeah lets not forget pogba was out for most of the season, and he had other injuries as well, these problems are not unique to ourselves.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Those suggesting that our form was unacceptable even before the injuries and the COVID break, were you expecting us to just keep winning all our games and win the league or something?

If there had been a crowd today some Wingnuts would have been booing and chanting "Rodgers Out", if this thread is anything to go by

Unreal.

I find it unreal that you find the below to be acceptable form :D

1364776257_Screenshot_20200726-230427_FlashScoreUK.thumb.jpg.4f91c61d9d894c16643ea0304ac2f144.jpg

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Those suggesting that our form was unacceptable even before the injuries and the COVID break, were you expecting us to just keep winning all our games and win the league or something?

If there had been a crowd today some Wingnuts would have been booing and chanting "Rodgers Out", if this thread is anything to go by

Unreal.

I’m not part of the Rodgers Out clan.

But do you think we should be dropping points to 4 out of the bottom 6? We took 1 point from Norwich this season and look at the difference between 3rd and 5th.

or flip it the other way - Norwich got nearly 1/5th of their points from us this year... 

11 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

The “punching above our weight” comments from him and Sky really p*ssed me off

A complete U turn from the comments he made back in autumn.  This is what is making me unhappy, because its not the same manager that we employed, his mentality has changed.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Unreal.

You seem to only think at extremes, like we can either have a disaster or win every game.

No I just expected us to maintain mid table form and finish in the top 4, given we had a 14 point cushion, that was actually quite an easy target.

Edited by Chrysalis

Just now, Chrysalis said:

A complete U turn from the comments he made back in autumn.  This is what is making me unhappy, because its not the same manager that we employed, his mentality has changed.

Agreed.

Personally I think winning 9-0 was the worst thing that happened to us, players performances went downhill from there & Rodgers was linked with Arsenal. He hasn’t been the same since

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Really?

Yes, look at their starting 11, matic is past it he cant maintain a high level for multiple games, greenwood wasnt very good at the end of last season now he's one of the best forwards in the league, pogba injured most of the season, they had lingard and pereira as their options at cam for half the season, rashford was injured longer than ndidi was, shaw wasnt good at the start of the season neither was fred, wan bissaka isnt half the player going forward as pereira and most teams sit back against teams like us and united so attacking attributes > defensive attributes. They have had injuries and a lack of depth all season, it's not just us, we have no excuses.

Just now, filbertway said:

I find it unreal that you find the below to be acceptable form :D

1364776257_Screenshot_20200726-230427_FlashScoreUK.thumb.jpg.4f91c61d9d894c16643ea0304ac2f144.jpg

You definition of "acceptable" seems to be winning every single game.  Righto.

We ran out of steam, we lost a few games.  It happens.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

But do you think we should be dropping points to 4 out of the bottom 6? We took 1 point from Norwich this season and look at the difference between 3rd and 5th.

or flip it the other way - Norwich got nearly 1/5th of their points from us this year... 

Even the year we won the league, we dropped points against a woeful Villa side, and Bournemouth.

It does happen.

6 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

It would have been nice to get more than one (lucky) win off any of the other sides in the top 7 this season. Or maybe a point or two more than seven from those games. 😜

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

We took 8 points from a possible 18 from the 3 teams that got relegated!.. you don't get/deserve CL football with that stat!!

Totally unacceptable.

Edited by weller54
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

You definition of "acceptable" seems to be winning every single game.  Righto.

We ran out of steam, we lost a few games.  It happens.

Please stop trying to twist people's words, you know he didnt say that, note also that most of those green W's are cup games.

• Like 1

No one should be shouting Roger's out.  Some poor results were down to system.. some to mistakes or poor performances.  The points since xmas have been very poor.

Rodgers now has to fix it...  Bring in the players he needs... let go of others.  Introduce effective tactics and game management.   This has been a lesson.... 

However...in my experience most managers are stubborn... they keep doing the same thing despite it continuing to fail...  Until they are sacked.   Jose m does it... raniari did it.  Paul certainly did it. 

I hope Rodgers will show us all how he will fix this and move us fwd.  Only if he persists with a failing system should we press the eject button.  I am positive that he will make the changes.... we will be better next season

12 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yeah that squad you talk about that Rodgers took over, it finished 9th last season. This season it’s ten points better off and in 5th.

Man United points tally wise have made zero improvement net spending £130 million in the process

There was a reason we fired puel, he was massively underperforming with that squad of players. Also that team that finished 9th was missing barnes and tielemans for most of the season and wasnt using vardy to his stregths. Puel being shite doesnt cover up the fact that rodgers had a very good starting 11 going into the season and despite the consensun on here he had ok depth as well.

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

You seem to only think at extremes, like we can either have a disaster or win every game.

No I just expected us to maintain mid table form and finish in the top 4, given we had a 14 point cushion, that was actually quite an easy target.

But we didn't.

I'm not delighted that we didn't see it through. 

However, I see progress overall from last season, I see a young side and I see us actually able to strike the ball about most games.

The last 6 years have been a golden period in the club's history and people are treating finishing 5th in the top division like their cat died.

I dont get that.

8 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

He's changing the narrative to avoid personal criticism. His mentality hasn't changed, he still thinks he's the dogs bollocks. 

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Webbo said:

So perhaps we shouldn't be surprised when Man U finish above us?

I suppose the implicit point is that Man U can buy their way out of trouble, regardless of who their manager is. Their squad is immense. For a club like Leicester, having a lot of ground to make up, elementary mistakes are harder to overcome.

None of which means that Rodgers needs firing. Only that he'll have to do better if he's to fulfil the club's ambitions. And he'll have to do better than our second half of the season form if he's to out-do our finishes in 2015 and 2017.

Maybe the bar is set lower than that, I don't know. Maybe you subscribe to the idea that our squad is, in truth, crap, in which case I have no idea why we'd ever have fired Puel if mid-table was the expectation. But if it isn't, things will have to get better fast. Or he'll be gone.

3 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Please stop trying to twist people's words, you know he didnt say that, note also that most of those green W's are cup games.

lol

I'll stand by my own words, thanks.

Just now, Vacamion said:

But we didn't.

I'm not delighted that we didn't see it through. 

However, I see progress overall from last season, I see a young side and I see us actually able to strike the ball about most games.

The last 6 years have been a golden period in the club's history and people are treating finishing 5th in the top division like their cat died.

I dont get that.

I will try and say it once more, its about the half season of a disaster run of results, the position is obviously part of it because we were 14 points clear, but its how we managed to finish the season, rather than the fact we finished 5th overall.

I wont repeat this point in this thread, because if you dont understand after me posting it twice then you never will.

Under normal circumstances 5th would be a great finish.

Just now, Vacamion said:

Even the year we won the league, we dropped points against a woeful Villa side, and Bournemouth.

It does happen.

I’m not arguing that it doesn’t happen, of course it does. 

But we were beating Bournemouth, Burnley, Southampton, Watford & to a lesser extent Chelsea and didn’t win any of those games. Add in draws to Brighton & Norwich and you have to admit we should be winning some of those games?

Obviously the first 15 games caused expectation, but it’s worrying.

10 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

As I have already pointed out to you the last 19 league games puts us 12th in the form table, just to add a little more we had an 11 point gap on Man United at that point of the season