Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

9 hours ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

1 goal each for Cags and Evans, that really is shocking. I wonder how many shots they've had? We should really be aiming for 3 goals for each of them. We've had 221 corners in the Prem this season ffs!

221 and I believe we gave fouls away in 216 of them, Evans and soyuncu the main culprits 😅

Edited by shade
  • Haha 1

Here's a genuine question about BR.

With all our squad fit, do you think he knows what our best team, formation and tactics (including substitution options) are? Obviously the subs will depend on the game but I mean whether he has the capability to make the right decision in that respect. 

Edited by Cadno'r Cymoedd

4 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

With all our squad fit, do you think he knows what our best team, formation and tactics (including substitution options) are? 

I think he does. He played a fairly consistent 11 from August to January

Schmeichel 

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu 

Chilwell 

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison 

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

The tactics are fairly predictable with Rodgers, and the subs are the usual players.

Edited by Koke

7 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We have to give Rodgers time (if for nothing else, because it would be extremely expensive and hurt the club for a long time to sack him right now). But I really do wish that at least his press conferences were more positive and proactive. Before the game, essentially admitting to settling for 5th? Blaming Bournemouth on Iheanacho and hardly taking any personal responsibility. In general I was much less impressed by that than bottling 4th.

This. He's clearly a great coach and people like playing for him, but his attitude when we started to slide was really strange.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Koke said:

I think he does. He played a fairly consistent 11 from August to January

Schmeichel 

Ricardo

Evans

Soyuncu 

Chilwell 

Ndidi

Tielemans

Maddison 

Perez

Vardy

Barnes

The tactics are fairly predictable with Rodgers, and the subs are the usual players.

Why do think he often hasn't played Maddison or Pèrez in their best positions? 

I see this very simply

A season of two halves...

The first half, sublime football, lots of form, chances, goals, points and CONFIDENCE 

The second half.... totally the opposite. Dreadful form, few chances, far less goals, almost no confidence

Bizarre in the extreme...

Jury’s out...

4 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

This. He's clearly a great coach and people like playing for him, but his attitude when we started to slide was really strange.

It's the reason he's here and not a better club. I think we should get used to him really, as long as he shows next season he can come back from this season's form

We shouldn't even talk about sacking Brendan. Who else could bring us up to 5th in the best league in the world.

We had a good season. But I wish Brendan would be a bit more honest. Of course we can't compete with the likes of ManU (yet).

But what about Watford, Brighton and Bournemouth? With all due respect  these are the teams we should be brushing aside.

Had we just done that....it would have been an amazing season. Fine margins.

Funny ol' game, eh?

• Like 3

1 minute ago, mozartfox said:

I must be the only one who thinks he has done a good job...

Finished 5th

Europa League Place

Golden Boot Player

Semi-Final of League Cup ( done up like a kipper by the Ref/VAR)

Last 8 of the FAC

Record 9-0 away win

Serious Injury list since the re-start.

If he was at Watford, he would be fired by now

He has done a good job. And to be honest I think quite a few would be happier if his attitude towards the collapse had been a bit more stomachable. 

I also think a lot of people are worried the good job he has done is not sustainable next season.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

He's changing the narrative to avoid personal criticism. His mentality hasn't changed, he still thinks he's the dogs bollocks. 

This is what worries me. 

Brendan seems very thin-skinned to me. Compared to someone like Wilder for instance,  he's too concerned about appearing in the right all the time. As you say his narrative changed totally when it became clear (some time ago) that we were going to spunk the CL.

Suddenly it was all about what a great season we'd had however it ended up how we were a young squad - how we needed to learn (that classic cop-out) etc etc.  Rather than the boot up the arse that the team so patently needed. 

I still think we can progress under him, as long as his self-regard and tendency to over-think what is basically a simple game don't get in the way. 

I wish him well - I think we all do - but he needs to get over himself a bit. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, weller54 said:

We threw away vital points against the worse teams in the league..(add to that the two dismal performances against Villa in the semis).

We also didn't perform against the the top 4... the majority of our points came from the midtable team games.

Some of BR's team selections and the use of subs cost us too!..

Today I feel worse than yesterday, reading through the posts and just the realisation of how we've thrown away the opportunity to play CL football again... I doubt very much whether we'll get another chance to finish in the top 4 , not for a very very long time.

Yeah we definitely threw away a huge opportunity. Let’s hope this spurs the lads on (much like the Watford play off moment did) for next season. I’m pessimistic about that though. 

In terms of top 4 I agree - Chelsea, City, United, Liverpool will push on now. But we can definitely break the top 6, personally I see Tottenham stagnating soon if i’m honest.

59 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

But the fans who think this is bullshit are the toxic ones apparently.

Bloke is an utter twat. Changing your story to protect yourself is toxic. Wrongly throwing a player under the bus for your own shocking tactical decisions is toxic. Doing down your own club and setting them up to fail is toxic. Demanding a bloke with a hideous track record who has overseen terminal decline at multiple clubs join you at every job is toxic. 

Ok, it's not 100% on him, and football is in a terrible place now, but how anyone can be looking forward to next season under this horrible, gaslighting fraud is absolutely beyond me. I fear for us, really do.

So woke man

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, Ollie93 said:

This is what does my head in. No one is miserable about breaking into the top 6.

Everyone, is in fact furious that we let a 14 point lead slip. It wasn't down to injuries (which obviously haven't helped), but down to our own mental inability to win those games which we should've. 

Poor tactical decisions along with poor player performances have really cost us.

Look around you.

There are plenty of Leicester fans that are utterly miserable because we couldn't hold Man United off.

• Like 1

Selection and tactics spot on yesterday. 

it wasn't his fault that Hamza got caught in possession or that Kasper kicked a goal kick at Wilf's backside at Bournemouth.

What puzzles me is why he hasn't been able to deal, in six months, with the catastrophic loss of confidence following the Man City and Liverpool defeats in December. I am absolutely convinced that they took more out or our squad than any amount of injuries, suspensions or fatigue, and ultimately cost us the CL place.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Cadno'r Cymoedd said:

With all our squad fit, do you think he knows what our best team, formation and tactics (including substitution options) are? Obviously the subs will depend on the game but I mean whether he has the capability to make the right decision in that respect. 

No.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, weller54 said:

He actually thought Ryan Bennett was good enough...let that sink in 😢!

He was after several but we missed out on them for different reasons ...  Bennet was a last minute back up ...   if we want to point  the finger let’s blame Soyuncu for losing his head and getting sent off. 

Obviously this goes for any manager, but it seems particularly noticeable that his first priority is protecting his own reputation and advancing his own career prospects. Every manager wants to advance their career prospects, but he seems particularly careerist and concerned about how the end of the season reflects on him, rather than its ramifications for Leicester City.

• Like 4