Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Have people not seen how we have been playing the past 20 games? Do you think Brendan cares about lcfc? He got his fat pay check, the club shouldn't have rewarded him with less than half a job done. Clearly he hasn't seemed motivated since. Now he probably just wants out, to a bigger club like at arsenal. So I say bye, here's the taxi.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

People don't want a team that bottles and when this manager is the THIRD HIGHEST PAID MANAGER IN THE LEAGUE. then questions have to be asked, this man is earning 2.5 million more than Jurgen Klopp

How do you know?

By the way, shouting doesn't work.

13 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Ole Gunnar Solkjaer started well, formed dropped like a stone and then he finished 4th.

I didn't say it never happens! It just rarely happens. And when it does, it helps to be at a club like Manchester United. Just look at the history and you'll see that for every exception, there are plenty more examples of the rule.

But, like I said, he should have his fair chance. That said, if he's to take it, there will have to be changes both to personnel, and to his approach.

32 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s astonishing for me reading on here that people are wanting a manager who has took a team to 5th and got European football next season, semi final in 1 cup, quarter final in the other removed from his position 

What is it people want? A title challenge every season? 

There’s no doubt if that was offered before the season everybody would of taken it.

The issue as others have stated is the lack of plan B and complete turnaround of form. Teams figure us out and we have no way through when a team “parks the bus” and plays the counter against us. 

the worrying sign is that over the past 25 league games we’re 12th on form - with losses to Norwich, Bournemouth, Burnley and further draws against Watford, Brighton and Norwich. We have capitulated and Rodgers doesn’t have any form of answer and that’s my issue. 

FYI I’m not calling for him to be sacked but I can understand the frustration/worry

Just now, PrecociousFox93 said:

There’s no doubt if that was offered before the season everybody would of taken it.

The issue as others have stated is the lack of plan B and complete turnaround of form. Teams figure us out and we have no way through when a team “parks the bus” and plays the counter against us. 

the worrying sign is that over the past 25 league games we’re 12th on form - with losses to Norwich, Bournemouth, Burnley and further draws against Watford, Brighton and Norwich. We have capitulated and Rodgers doesn’t have any form of answer and that’s my issue. 

FYI I’m not calling for him to be sacked but I can understand the frustration/worry

I think that's partly why he needs another preseason, to work out a stronger Plan B and to make a couple more key signings to give us the kind of depth that can allow us to have a strong Plan B

Never thought I’d see the day I thought our supporters were ‘entitled’

things have gone on behind the scenes - I doubt we’ll ever be told all the detail - the result mainly that some players were being asked to perform whilst they were not 100% ....... sometimes you get away with that but in some cases,it merely delayed the inevitable- we didn’t play badly today. The only games since Xmas where I’ve thought we were really poor were Norwich, wolves, soton and Brighton.  The last half hour at Bournemouth can be added to that list.   We haven’t had the return we might have hoped for from the other games. Just as we probably got a better return than we deserved pre Xmas.  We’ve badly missed madders linking midfield and attack plus Ricky and Ben stretching the width of the pitch and dragging us up it. 

it’s not FIFA or football manger ...... rodgers needs the support of the board to get some quality depth to the squad and we go again in seven weeks to qualify for Europe again ......

• Like 3

18 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Ole Gunnar Solkjaer started well, formed dropped like a stone and then he finished 4th.

This was said before, and then I proved his bad form was not on the same scale, compare it to our form since late December.

But also he is at a club that can buy their way out of trouble, we dont have that luxury.

People are kidding themselves thinking that when maddison, ricardo and soyuncu come back this team is magically going to fix itself. There is a deep rooted problem in this squad and instead of hiding behind injuries and our status as a club, rodgers needs to change his approach and actually fix this team's mental weakness otherwise he will be out of a job by december.

• Like 4

Just now, st albans fox said:

Never thought I’d see the day I thought our supporters were ‘entitled’

things have gone on behind the scenes - I doubt we’ll ever be told all the detail - the result mainly that some players were being asked to perform whilst they were not 100% ....... sometimes you get away with that but in some cases,it merely delayed the inevitable- we didn’t play badly today. The only games since Xmas where I’ve thought we were really poor were Norwich, wolves, soton and Brighton.  The last half hour at Bournemouth can be added to that list.   We haven’t had the return we might have hoped for from the other games. Just as we probably got a better return than we deserved pre Xmas.  We’ve badly missed madders linking midfield and attack plus Ricky and Ben stretching the width of the pitch and dragging us up it. 

it’s not FIFA or football manger ...... rodgers needs the support of the board to get some quality depth to the squad and we go again in seven weeks to qualify for Europe again ......

It's entitled to expect us not to bottle a 14 point lead, ok pal x

I think it’s only fair to judge a manager over two full seasons. Gives him a season to try things then try and rectify any shortcomings. I do think some of the things he says in the media to downplay the club, to cover his own arse, to be baffling. If Puel was saying those sorts of things he’d be slaughtered. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, cheshamfox17 said:

I think that's partly why he needs another preseason, to work out a stronger Plan B and to make a couple more key signings to give us the kind of depth that can allow us to have a strong Plan B

I agree in part. We have some clear areas where we need to improve.

My issue with Rodgers style is we’re far too predictable, teams sit back and push us wide then just head everything away that comes to them and we have nobody to meet the crosses. Vardy as brilliant as he is is never going to consistently beat CBs in the air. 

Edited by PrecociousFox93

1 minute ago, Chrysalis said:

This was said before, and then I proved his bad form was not on the same scale, compare it to our form since late December.

But also he is at a club that can buy their way out of trouble, we dont have that luxury.

So perhaps we shouldn't be surprised when Man U finish above us?

• Like 1

Just now, cheshamfox17 said:

I'm starting to get the impression that BR isn't remotely interested in developing a Plan B. Sure, the formation and team selection might change but the philosophy stays the same. Pass, pass, pass, pass, pass it back to where you started, give it away, concede. Rinse and repeat.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

Bloke on forum makes noisy allegation, then lazily cites 'widely reported' and hopes he's guessed right. Honestly, why are you so angry?

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/how-much-brendan-rodgers-paid-3620705 https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/10498080/brendan-rodgers-10m-salary-leicester-above-klopp-lampard-solskjaer/ https://talksport.com/football/639943/brendan-rodgers-salary-premier-leagues-best-paid-managers-revealed/ https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/26/brendan-rodgers-appointed-new-leicester-city-manager/ 

Would you like me cite the concept of being a fan of a football club and being angry when your club fails? 

1 minute ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It's entitled to expect us not to bottle a 14 point lead, ok pal x

Sh1t happens .........  wanting the manager moved on after a season and a third with close to a fifty percent win record ???.  The team are badly in need of mental strength ...... you hope they learn a lot from this experience .....and that the club support the manager by investing in quality squad depth ......

17 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

Inconsistent, Isn’t that exactly what we have been? We did have a “Man Utd charge” except ours came in the first half of the season 

He can’t be blamed for individual player mistakes that have cost us games or the inefficiency of the people running VAR 

We have lost 4 players for one reason or another in most of this restart period, if you take out 4 players of any team especially 3 first choice defenders, there is going to be difficulties especially for clubs with limited squad depth like ours 

No inconsistent is kind of like win lose win lose or having mini periods of bad and good form, with us we had an outstanding start to the season, and then a utter nightmare of a run that lasted for half a season, circa 20 games. That is not inconsistent. We became consistently bad.  The virus enforced break, gave him a chance to breathe, have a mini off season, and we came back even worse.

We didnt even need that good of a run to make it, beat watford, bournemouth, keep rest of results the same and we in the CL.

Edited by Chrysalis
  • Like 4

3 minutes ago, The Horse's Mouth said:

It hasn't 'failed' - it's fallen short. Only once in my lifetime have we done better. Be angry by all means, but don't try to tell me that because I've come to terms with what's gone on and have some sense of proportion over what to get truly angry about in life that I am somehow less of a fan than you. I'm no more of a fan than you, but you are certainly no more of a fan than me just because you're throwing a strop.

Edited by HighPeakFox
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

I think it’s only fair to judge a manager over two full seasons. Gives him a season to try things then try and rectify any shortcomings. I do think some of the things he says in the media to downplay the club, to cover his own arse, to be baffling. If Puel was saying those sorts of things he’d be slaughtered. 

He'll get at least until Christmas, which he fully deserves, unless this horrible form keeps going and might force the owners to make a decision. There's also the financial side of his eventual sacking which has to be considered.

8 minutes ago, Ian Nacho said:

Ironically the christmas point would mark roughly 2 seasons worth of football, and thats where a few of us are predicting he either stays or goes.