Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

Just now, Blue ROI said:

It's probably going to take another club to take him off our hands now.

A bad start for Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, or Spurs and he'll be one of the front runners.

After blowing a 14 point lead for Champions League I've lost all faith in him. If fans do return I can't imagine many would even want to travel.

He's also going to need a good start with us next season to be back in demand. I'm pretty sure Arsenal will be thinking they've dodged a bullet right now after sniffing around BR towards the end of last year.

40 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

They had fernandes for 18 games, we had maddison for 30 games. Rodgers got the funding for our weakest position (right wing) then spunked it on a player who is more suited to second striker or CAM. Perez is like griezmann at barcelona for us, good player, wrong position, big money, our weakness going forwards this season could have been fixed so easily had rodgers just spent that money on a natural right winger so he really has no excuses.

I agree about Perez, but maybe that's something we have to take into consideration when framing our expectations. We buy Perez for 30mil in the summer, ManU spends double that in the winter. If we manage to fill that right wing spot (with a good player) this summer for another 30mil are we up or down? 

6 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

He's also going to need a good start with us next season to be back in demand. I'm pretty sure Arsenal will be thinking they've dodged a bullet right now after sniffing around BR towards the end of last year.

they were never in for him. pretty sure it was sky pushing the move lol 

Just now, Hoopla10 said:

I agree about Perez, but maybe that's something we have to take into consideration when framing our expectations. We buy Perez for 30mil in the summer, ManU spends double that in the winter. If we manage to fill that right wing spot (with a good player) this summer for another 30mil are we up or down? 

I agree we cant compete with man united anymore, we need to lower our expectations for next season. But man united were run so poorly before this season that i genuinely think our squads were similar in quality despite them spending half a billion pounds more than us.

• Like 2

He needs to learn from this and look to improve next season. I give him the benefit that our target would have been to qualify for Europe and despite the disappointment, he's done that.

But he has to now see that this club has potential of finishing even higher. You can take all the postives from the first half of the season but have to also accept that the form and collapse in the second half was unacceptable.

Will be a difficult season with the extra games. But the rhetoric of "we're Leicester City, we're not expected to be here" doesn't cut the mustard anymore.

This is the transfer window to get his players in and get it right.

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

If he starts badly next season then I think he'll probably get the boot from here, and will probably work in Spain or Italy next (as he speaks both languages) - be very surprised if any big club over here went near him again for a while.

He is not a bad manager. He has something about him. But he is also quite flawed and we're seeing that more and more.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

We have to give Rodgers time (if for nothing else, because it would be extremely expensive and hurt the club for a long time to sack him right now). But I really do wish that at least his press conferences were more positive and proactive. Before the game, essentially admitting to settling for 5th? Blaming Bournemouth on Iheanacho and hardly taking any personal responsibility. In general I was much less impressed by that than bottling 4th.

I think those kinds of things are why people are being harder on him. I think with a different attitude people would be more forgiving. As it is I just think the longer things on the more pear shaped it'll get and I'll keep thinking that until I'm presented with any reasons to tell me differently.

I'm fed up of doubting this team for them to prove those doubts right. Every time without fail.

• Like 2

like a lot of people I am gutted to be out of CL.....but thats where it is...if the owners were to sack BR we would be as villified as when CR was sacked....we played well enough to get to second / third place and we can play that well again....we have no control over other teams upping their game next year, but if they do its a fair bet it will be with their established manager.

One other thing...CL does not automatically mean a queue of players wanting to join a club ( it does help though!!)...the top teams attract the best based on history not just money offered...its good to have ambition...but this takes time, ups, downs, highs and lows...along with a bit of stability and consistency....

You can't sack him.  Not now, not with that contract.

But the question is, what do you do if the first half of next season is progressing like the second half of this one?  Rodgers' track record is clear - he's never been able to turn it around once things started to go off the rails for an extended period.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Unique FC said:

Personal opinion but I think sides reflect the characteristics of the manager. Thats the job of the coach. Red cards will happen but for both needless and daft is a huge problem. Soyuncu no need and a 3 game ban, now Evans 3 game ban for a poor tackle when he lost his head. 

Both of these instances occurred after Bournemouth during Rodgers decision to take Kelechi off and go negative, when you don't play your normal game it is easy to switch off and this leads to mistakes. Players capitulated from that moment.

Why are we passing and playing out from the back without 4 key players in those positions. Why does Rodgers not change his tactics to suit his players who are playing and control the opposition. Hamza got caught, but would we really want him turning on the ball and looking to pass out. When we have 2 up top and a weaker midfield and defence surely, with United have a slow defence pretty much surely we go long and play over the top. Minimise risk. There is a reason Rodgers does not win big games. 

All a personal opinion of course, and there is a reason I am typing here and Rodgers is the manager who actually makes the decisions of our team. Very frustrating. 

yes, Rodgers is an ideologue, in fact, worse he's a stubborn ideologue. if his ideology isn't working he's only got one answer, carry on doing the same thing.

• Like 2

I think losing Ricardo, Chilwell and Madison plus Calgar after his sending off cost us at least 4pts we did the best we could with what players we had available but with a full strength squad we'd of made top 4 easily, Rodgers knows where we need to strengthen and to finish 5th is no bad achievement and we'd all have took that at the beginning of the season. I fully expect us to challenge top 4 again next season 👍 

9 hours ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Eh? What you're adovating is all out attack. And gues how that end Vs a counter attacking team. You get raped. Ie Spurs game.

One thing you can't accuse Rodgers of is being overly pragmatic.

Honestly, have some imagination and don't just base your opinion on how things turned on out.

What on earth are you on about? We didn’t go all out attack at spurs. We haven’t in a very long time. 

I would say have some imagination to you. Watching the same garbage being produced for the last 15 games and defending Rodgers. Change the way we play and we may get a different result instead of trotting the same negative style out week after week.

10 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

He's merely the David Brent of football except that was a comedy and we could wince and laugh. Unfortunately, he's modelled himself on him and people are taking it seriously, supporting him and actually paying him money!

I find him annoying but equally I don't think he is a poor manager. I'm more than prepared, currently, to give the benefit of the doubt as he was excellent for 2/3 of his time here. The last 1/3 has been poor no doubt, and some of his decisions and tactics have been difficult to understand from the stands but injuries have plagued a very thin squad. Ultimately, when not seen just in the context of the loss of a top 4 place its been a great season - progress. Lets see what he can do with another transfer window and a major regroup.

• Like 1

I don’t want him sacked, but I also don’t think I’d be too upset if he was sacked either. I’m pretty apathetic towards the guy to be honest, he pulled the wool over my eyes in thinking he was a lot better than he is. He’s decent, but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. His press conferences are also some of the worst I’ve ever heard. 

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Manini said:

I don’t want him sacked, but I also don’t think I’d be too upset if he was sacked either. I’m pretty apathetic towards the guy to be honest, he pulled the wool over my eyes in thinking he was a lot better than he is. He’s decent, but nowhere near as good as he thinks he is. His press conferences are also some of the worst I’ve ever heard. 

Its the new qualittee and intensitteee. 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, PrecociousFox93 said:

And unfortunately those extra 4-5 points which the top four usually get are the ones which caused us to miss out :(

We threw away vital points against the worse teams in the league..(add to that the two dismal performances against Villa in the semis).

We also didn't perform against the the top 4... the majority of our points came from the midtable team games.

Some of BR's team selections and the use of subs cost us too!..

Today I feel worse than yesterday, reading through the posts and just the realisation of how we've thrown away the opportunity to play CL football again... I doubt very much whether we'll get another chance to finish in the top 4 , not for a very very long time.

• Like 3

He set himself up to fail when he said "my teams get stronger in the second half of the season". I'm on the fence with him at the moment. Where I thought he was excellent when he came in, I am starting to question a few things. I think in fairness he has had a bit of a slow start behind the scenes. It is my understanding that most of the targets signed in the summer were already planned, and Bennett was his first (for cover obviously). I could be wrong but I think in this window you will start to see the type of players he wants come into the club. He has an opportunity to build on what we have now, there are no excuses, if he has a poor start next season and we can't shake this form after a whole season in charge then I think we can rightly start to ask questions. I hope the club have been working to try and get signings in early doors, but it will be tough for clubs of our size due to current state of the world, I can't see big money being spent. 

Brendan needs to go.  Yesterday’s game at 65 mins was crying out for Gray to come on , take off ndidi and turn the screw on United , they were tiring and there for the taking .  His subs were crap . And again weakened us .  I 100 percent think Brendan is a fraud , in another life back in the days he would have been a donkey sales man selling to small towns tipping them off .  

we need to get rid quick as we can probably 2 months into next season if results are bad .

He is a fraud.

He is more concerned about looking / sounding the part than being the real deal 

Yeovil away on a Tuesday night springs to mind,,,,...easy to suggest things after the event....decent performance, deserved a point, finished 5th, when we are playing in Europe next season it will be fantastic.....what’s to say what the overall outcome would have been had ricardo, Maddison, Soyuncoand Chilwell had been available? 

Give the club a break, fantastic season....

• Like 2