Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
foxfanazer

Brendan Rodgers

3 minutes ago, frany104 said:

I would sooner lose trying to win the game knowing we HAVE to win to get CL. We didn’t even attempt to win today. He was happy playing for a draw and hoping Chelsea lose. 

if we would have setup to attack we would have beat utd. They were poor and fatigued. a bit of intent and aggression and there defence would have crumbled.

Eh? What you're adovating is all out attack. And gues how that end Vs a counter attacking team. You get raped. Ie Spurs game.

One thing you can't accuse Rodgers of is being overly pragmatic.

Honestly, have some imagination and don't just base your opinion on how things turned on out.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, winteriscoming said:

Marcelino 

Jardim 

Rose 

Farve - if he leaves Dortmund

Koeman 

The only two I'd rate higher than Rodgers on that list is Farve and as you say he is dortmund manager so it's ridiculous to even talk about him as a potential manager the rest Marcelino, Jardim and Koeman aren't even on the same level as Rodgers and rose is equal to me. Can't quite believe people are even talking about other managers after Rodgers lead us to fifth place. 

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

He is going to be with us a long time I reckon , we need stability in the management dept. while we make the changes on the field.

If he can keep us mid table next season and gets far into europa I think he will survive, but if treading water with relegation, top will probably panic and make a change.  If you think this wont happen, remember we sacked the manager who won us the title.

56 minutes ago, Blue ROI said:

We'll do next to nothing in the Europa League either.

Struggling against Watford, Brighton, Bouremouth, etc. And then to face some decent teams in Europe with our manager who isn't any way proactive when it's put up to us.

Just 6 more uninspiring games without any progression. Brace yourselves.

...unless they do not do their homework on us, we could be a surprise package!!!

If teams come at us and make the game an open game, then that plays into our hands. Any team that is structured seeking to deny us space between their defence and keeper will present a problem which we have been unable to solve.

The fact that we will no doubt  add to our squad, a player capable of unlocking a deep lying defence, like a Right Winger, will need to be taken into consideration.

26 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think you dont understand whats happened.

If we were inconsistent all season, and finished 5th, I think everyone would be reasonably happy, also if we started badly but then did a man utd charge at the end, I think most would also be happy.

The issue is how we have literally collapsed and he hasnt found an answer, which doesnt bode well moving forward.  That is the problem, the finishing position is masking it.  Looking at the table, spurs and arsenal, as well as wolves were also within a few games of catching us.  

Yeah it's really not a difficult concept to understand. I find it baffling that so many of our fans are so accepting of it

Edited by foxfanazer
  • Like 3

5 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

I think you dont understand whats happened.

If we were inconsistent all season, and finished 5th, I think everyone would be reasonably happy, also if we started badly but then did a man utd charge at the end, I think most would also be happy.

The issue is how we have literally collapsed and he hasnt found an answer, which doesnt bode well moving forward.  That is the problem, the finishing position is masking it.  Looking at the table, spurs and arsenal, as well as wolves were also within a few games of catching us.  

This is the biggest issue. If we had to play another 10 games we'd be much further down the table. But at the same time I don't think BR is solely to blame. Yes he makes some strange decisions but the players have also been to blame. The change from pre Xmas to post Xmas is astonishing. So many individual mistakes, loss of form, inability to create, inability to score or even have a decent shot! 

20 minutes ago, peach0000 said:

The only two I'd rate higher than Rodgers on that list is Farve and as you say he is dortmund manager so it's ridiculous to even talk about him as a potential manager the rest Marcelino, Jardim and Koeman aren't even on the same level as Rodgers and rose is equal to me. Can't quite believe people are even talking about other managers after Rodgers lead us to fifth place. 

Just saying there are other options out there. I’m not saying get rid of Rodgers but there is options available especially abroad. 

9 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s astonishing for me reading on here that people are wanting a manager who has took a team to 5th and got European football next season, semi final in 1 cup, quarter final in the other removed from his position 

What is it people want? A title challenge every season? 

I don't want Rodgers sacked at all. But as City fans we know that a manager who is lauded by the media, who leads us to great heights early in his reign - and who achieves a finish which, in spite of a second-half-of-season collapse, is decent - can easily end in outright disaster.

How many managers in EPL history have suffered that sort of a collapse in form and then turned things around? I've been going back over the seasons. The only conclusion I can come to is that he'll have to achieve something which very few managers have ever pulled off, regardless of how admired they are, if he's to be in a job come December.

He's fully earned the right to have a crack, but don't be shocked if he leaves us in a fix. If this is to work out, he'll have to ask some serious questions of himself. It all hinges on whether he's open-minded enough to do that.

• Like 3

I think a new season brings about a fresh start. Some players such as madders, Chilwell, Ricardo may have been carrying injuries, Brendan has made mistakes but hopefully he'll learn from them and be better next season because there's no doubt he got it right today with what he had. 

As long as we look to improve, let's see where we're at at Xmas 

5 hours ago, Matt said:

Fair enough.

And whilst i've noted its a difficult market to work in, January? Surely given where we were purse strings could have been pulled and we could have done better than Gordon Bennett? I see where this is going the blame is being pushed elsewhere, spread across personnel, either way I questions should and must be asked.

Ultimately we've finished where we are because of how we've played and our form but let's not get away from the fact people are talking as if we had no chance of strengthening at any point.

I agree, we should have strengthed, imagine how much difference a player like bergwijn or a similar wide player would have offered.

I assume we just couldn't get our targets in.

Edited by coolhandfox
  • Like 1

Just now, inckley fox said:

I don't want Rodgers sacked at all. But as City fans we know that a manager who is lauded by the media, who leads us to great heights early in his reign - and who achieves a finish which, in spite of a second-half-of-season collapse, is decent - can easily end in outright disaster.

How many managers in EPL history have suffered that sort of a collapse in form and then turned things around? I've been going back over the seasons. The only conclusion I can come to is that he'll have to achieve something which very few managers have ever pulled off, regardless of how admired they are, if he's to be in a job come December.

He's fully earned the right to have a crack, but don't be shocked if he leaves us in a fix. If this is to work out, he'll have to ask some serious questions of himself. It all hinges on whether he's open-minded enough to do that.

Ole Gunnar Solkjaer started well, formed dropped like a stone and then he finished 4th.

Probably the biggest capitulation in the history of the premier League, I don't know how people can forgive that and be happy with 5th from the position we were in. I don't give a crap about Europa League I'd rather we win our fa or even League cup over that shite not some Mickey mouse European crap for 2nd rate European teams.

Yes at the start of the season I would have been happy but not from where we were at the turn of the year.

And the way we've chucked it away with amateur gifting of goals in game after game especially since the 'restart' is frankly a disgrace and we need to ditch Foxes never quit slogan as we have quit in the biggest humiliating cowardly way imaginable and it comes down to the man at top delighting in second best.

Brendan has to go.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, squidsworth said:

Probably the biggest capitulation in the history of the premier League, I don't know how people can forgive that and be happy with 5th from the position we were in. I don't give a crap about Europa League I'd rather we win our fa or even League cup over that shite not some Mickey mouse European crap for 2nd rate European teams.

Yes at the start of the season I would have been happy but not from where we were at the turn of the year.

And the way we've chucked it away with amateur gifting of goals in game after game especially since the 'restart' is frankly a disgrace and we need to ditch Foxes never quit slogan as we have quit in the biggest humiliating cowardly way imaginable and it comes down to the man at top delighting in second best.

Brendan has to go.

Bored off.......

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Ole Gunnar Solkjaer started well, formed dropped like a stone and then he finished 4th.

It is true to an extent, but we don't have the same money to throw at the problem.

Stroke of genius or pure luck, the Fernandes signing single-handedly saved the Hobbit's arse. For now. Their problems are still there, only masked by the sheer quality of their squad. 

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 2

15 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

Inconsistent, Isn’t that exactly what we have been? We did have a “Man Utd charge” except ours came in the first half of the season 

18 minutes ago, Chrysalis said:

The issue is how we have literally collapsed and he hasnt found an answer, which doesnt bode well moving forward.  That is the problem, the finishing position is masking it. 

He can’t be blamed for individual player mistakes that have cost us games or the inefficiency of the people running VAR 

We have lost 4 players for one reason or another in most of this restart period, if you take out 4 players of any team especially 3 first choice defenders, there is going to be difficulties especially for clubs with limited squad depth like ours 

2 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Brendan has to go.

:nigel:

18 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...unless they do not do their homework on us, we could be a surprise package!!!

If teams come at us and make the game an open game, then that plays into our hands. Any team that is structured seeking to deny us space between their defence and keeper will present a problem which we have been unable to solve.

The fact that we will no doubt  add to our squad, a player capable of unlocking a deep lying defence, like a Right Winger, will need to be taken into consideration.

Our current form fills me with zero confidence that we will pick ourselves up.

When the going gets tough we don't want to know. Some right decent teams across the big 4 or 5 leagues and others will fancy their chances.

Vardy a year older and the possibility of losing 1 or 2 players. Only 2 games since the return have we scored more than once (and about 4 or 5 games before that too). Where are the goals going to come from?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

It’s astonishing for me reading on here that people are wanting a manager who has took a team to 5th and got European football next season, semi final in 1 cup, quarter final in the other removed from his position 

i guess people are easily pleased. bottling a 14 point gap and having a terrible half a season is ok with some people. carry that on and see where it goes.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, squidsworth said:

Brendan has to go.

Take a break, mate.

(that first sub)Taking Kelechi off when he was our best player in the first half and keeping Hamza on when let's face it, he might be from Leicester but he is not good enough to play for a top tier championship team never mind a team that wants to make the champions league! For months Brendan been making bizarre subs at the wrong time.

30 minutes ago, jammie82uk said:

People don't want a team that bottles and when this manager is the THIRD HIGHEST PAID MANAGER IN THE LEAGUE. then questions have to be asked, this man is earning 2.5 million more than Jurgen Klopp

• Like 1