Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Sheff Utd (H) - Match Thread - 16/07/2020

44 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

That's got to be one of the worst line ups since 2008

Don't at all like the idea of throwing new guys into the fire in a huge match - never seems to work out. But it also shows how much faith Rodgers has in some of 'regular' reserves/sometime starters.  Not exactly encouraging.

• Like 1

Other than the Nacho exclusion I don't really think there's much I can critique, we are decimated by injury and suspension so it was always going to be a bare-bones lineup.

Having said that though, the Nacho exclusion to me feels very much like Rodgers having had a bit of a go at him last time out has decided to stamp his authority by dropping him, which without knowing any context seems pretty counterproductive - Nacho has taken so long to acclimatise to our team and find any kind of form that to be dropped and criticised off what seems to be a lot of nothing seems incredibly harsh. 

2 minutes ago, The_Rorab said:

If your compromise is to play Hamza or Ryan bloody Bennett at RB then I don't think scrutinising the Luke Thomas pick has much merit if I'm being honest

More experience at least. These are a shrewd team Sheff U. Look I hope we win and the young lad plays a blinder but I can't see it, the team is too defensive. 

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

At least we've got a leader on the pitch in Wes. I feel like we've missed that.

Mad how we’ve got 5 players on the pitch who have been captain of a club at some point, yet seem to buckle under the slightest bit of pressure 

Just now, oadby.fox said:

Any streams going? Don't know why the stuff on footybite is showing yesterday's match... maybe it'll change in a bit?

Its free to watch on Pick which is available on freesat and freeview. 

• Like 1

I'm not a big fan of a back 3 unless you have excellent wingback's which we don't, (maybe Chilwell and ricardo) but I'd have gone back to a back 4 and had wingers. It shows to me we are going to be defensive straight from the off, with no disrespect to Sheffield United who are having a great season but we need to put in a performance against them! Let's hope I'm wrong and they all put in a shift! Up the foxes! 🦊🦊🦊

1 minute ago, Vacamion said:

Sky's thoroughly neutral pundit team for this allegedly 2nd rank broadcast:

Sean Bean

Jessica Ennis Hill

The lead singer off Def Leppard

What about the Human League? Don't you want them baby?

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Tasking a kid on his debut to marshal a whole flank with no cover against the most effective team that operates wing backs in the division. Going to be a blood bath, feel bad for the lad. Oh and it's only CL qualification on the line.

Recipe for disaster...I may watch this from under my table.

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

They've got about 30 games of PL experience behind them now, it sounds great in theory but we have a defence that would get us relegated out and a midfield that has been overrun for the past couple of games out. Telling that Rodgers brought Iheancho off "to control midfield more" and has carried on in a system that will leave us vulnerable

Sheff U still leave themselves short at the back on the counter. 

What else can we do in defence with the options ?

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

More experience at least. These are a shrewd team Sheff U. Look I hope we win and the young lad plays a blinder but I can't see it, the team is too defensive. 

Maybe what we need is someone who hasn't been playing for months in an insidiously depressing slide down the toilet to provide something different? It's definitely more hope than expectation, but at this point with what we have I don't see why not give him a bash. And Bennett would surely be far more of a defensive choice at RB than Thomas given his trade as an oil tanker! I don't watch the unders, but hopefully Thomas has something attacking about his game - it is defensive a formation maybe, but if our wingbacks actually do something going forward then it shouldn't be just 7 defensive players.