Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Sheff Utd (H) - Match Thread - 16/07/2020

Whatever defence we put out would have a ragged look about it, I presume we've gone with three to compensate for the lack of pace and to help Justin and Thomas out?

We need Chilwell and Albrighton back asap.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Feel sorry for Thomas, we've been toss and under pressure for ages and now he's making his debut at wingback against a team that have brilliant at playing with wingbacks for about 4 years now. Even if he has a poor game it'll hardly be his fault 

Especially because he'll have Barnes in front of him. I'm a huge Banres fan but he leaves his fullback exposed at the best of times

3 minutes ago, Hammo said:

You said it. The dropping of Iheanacho can only be a personality clash  - or Rodgers protecting his ego after that daft substitution on Sunday  - because no way does he deserve to be benched. The guy scores goals.

Plus, we get another formation change...

Its like rugby, The Bench is Part of the team....With the sub situation through every game so far,having Nacho in the 2nd half is giving us an Impact sub..

I see there is a lot of hope in people's hearts this evening.  lol

Not since Frank McLintock picked a back four of Sutcliffe, Saville, Hitler and Lucan has there been such a gnashing of pre match teeth.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Gonna be outnumbered in midfield and ran ragged out wide. Hooray but let's al be optimistic because that's worked for all the other times we were supposed to be optimistic. Keep the faith! Foxes never quit! We're f ucked.

Or let’s be a miserable bastard? See if that works any better for us?

Hopefully Thomas has a blinder tonight.

But this is why he should have been on the bench since the restart. Brendan could have eased him into first team football by giving him a few minutes against Palace when we’re 2-0 up or against Chelsea in the cup.

Instead, he’s been thrown into the deep end. It’s poor man management. 

I am actually 100 per cent dumbfounded. I cannot believe the defence personnel wise. I understand he had to play Bennett or Morgan, but not both surely. Then the formation. I don't care which way you try and spin it, it's 5 defenders. Plus a DM plus a goalie. That's 7 defensive players out of 12 when we are at home in a must win game. They always play 5 at the back with a DM too. Good luck Vardy. 

Then, we play a 19 year old hardly any one has heard of, again in the BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON. UNBELIEVABLE. And I took the piss out of someone listing James in the team. This season has gone from good to amazing to one of the best ever, to an absolute shambolic joke. Players injured, suspended and or out of form, strange formation changes, crap losses to bottom 3 teams. Shows more than ever the sorry state of our squad. Soyuncu, Maddison, Chilwell and Ricardo all missing is just too much. 

Sky totally hate us. :)

5.30 for Everton coverage to start, 5:55 for ours, they would show a reply of Arsenal v Liverpool lol