Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Sheff Utd (H) - Match Thread - 16/07/2020

5 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Gonna be outnumbered in midfield and ran ragged out wide. Hooray but let's al be optimistic because that's worked for all the other times we were supposed to be optimistic. Keep the faith! Foxes never quit! We're f ucked.

Don't worry mate, it's still in our hands. Our shaking, numb, useless hands.

Just now, Aus Fox said:

Or let’s be a miserable bastard? See if that works any better for us?

Mate the team is a joke, the formation is a shocker. 99 per cent of fans could pick a better tram than this. We are at home in a must win game, and are fielding the slowest back 3 ever, effectively a back 7, and kelechi on bench? It's odd and yoh know it, it's not being miserable it's being real

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Don't see what Barnes has done to deseve a start but let's hope he delivers today, it's important he does.

Not sure why one of our most in form players (Iheanacho) isn't starting.

He used him as flame-shield last week-end, so there was no way he'd start him. I hope for his sake (and ours) that this doesn't backfire.

Edited by That_Dude
  • Like 1

Jesus Christ I didn't see that line-up coming. Last throw of the dice from Rodgers then! With all our injuries I guess Wilder would've been preparing for a four-man defence and Fuchs in the left-back role.

I hope Thomas has an absolute barnstorming game, a bit like Chilwell in the Atletico second leg. I imagine his adrenaline levels are through the roof right now!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

I am actually 100 per cent dumbfounded. I cannot believe the defence personnel wise. I understand he had to play Bennett or Morgan, but not both surely. Then the formation. I don't care which way you try and spin it, it's 5 defenders. Plus a DM plus a goalie. That's 7 defensive players out of 12 when we are at home in a must win game. They always play 5 at the back with a DM too. Good luck Vardy. 

Then, we play a 19 year old hardly any one has heard of, again in the BIGGEST GAME OF THE SEASON. UNBELIEVABLE. And I took the piss out of someone listing James in the team. This season has gone from good to amazing to one of the best ever, to an absolute shambolic joke. Players injured, suspended and or out of form, strange formation changes, crap losses to bottom 3 teams. Shows more than ever the sorry state of our squad. Soyuncu, Maddison, Chilwell and Ricardo all missing is just too much. 

Go on, who’d you have played then? 

11 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Who would you play at LB or LWB?

Have a back 4. Play Justin at LB where he's comfortable and then play Bennett at RB. It's makeshift no doubt, but surely it's a better option than throwing a young kid who's never even played a League Cup match before into the deep end?

• Like 1

We're not forced into playing a back 5. The two man midfield hasn't been working and now we'll be overloaded centrally and placing a lot of stress on two inexperienced wingbacks - I'd have been far happier with 4141 with Ndidi, Tielemans and Praet centrally

1 minute ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Mate the team is a joke, the formation is a shocker. 99 per cent of fans could pick a better tram than this. We are at home in a must win game, and are fielding the slowest back 3 ever, effectively a back 7, and kelechi on bench? It's odd and yoh know it, it's not being miserable it's being real

Who would you have picked in the back 3?

Well one bright side folks - McGoldrick already broke his duck, so we're not giving the Blades their Solanke moment today at least lol

Sheff Utd. aren't exactly a fast team, very much a crosses into the box type of set-up, so let's hope and pray pace is not a necessity today. Our backline is borderline geriatric. :whistle:

Looking forward to seeing Thomas. Ridiculously big game for him to be thrown into though. IMO, we need to win by two clear goals to have any chance going into the final day. I can't hack the thought of us having to go to Old Trafford and win for the first time since Tony Cottee in 1998 to get top 4. 

Vardy better be fired up for this one - looking forward to seeing him smash one in, run over to the corner near L1 and cup his ears to an empty stand of imaginary Blades fans. :ph34r:

1 minute ago, Sampson said:

Have a back 4. Play Justin at LB where he's comfortable and then play Bennett at RB. It's makeshift no doubt, but surely it's a better option than throwing a young kid who's never even played a League Cup match before into the deep end?

I read that Hamza was been tried as a right back in training, wonder what happened to that idea.