Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Stevosevic

Sheff Utd (H) - Match Thread - 16/07/2020

5 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Just like when Anna Nicole Smith married that old millionaire bloke, it's a stunning mixture of youth and experience - 5-0 TO THE CITEHHHHH

George Burns, wasn't it? Very old cigar smoking millionaire. I remember the press asked him if he was concerned about the physical side of the relationship. He replied with a shrug, well if she dies, she dies. 

:D

• Like 1

In fairness to Rodgers, who do you play at left back other than Thomas?

Chilwell is out and I'm guessing Fuchs is injured. Justin already deputising for Pereira, so if you played him at LB, you'd be playing a makeshift RB anyway.

Really harsh on Kelechi though, don't get that at all.

3 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

Justin at LB then, he's played there for Luton. Choudhury or Bennett at right back. Not throw a 19 year old in, don't play a fvcking team of defenders at home in a big game. 

If your compromise is to play Hamza or Ryan bloody Bennett at RB then I don't think scrutinising the Luke Thomas pick has much merit if I'm being honest

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

He will play no 10 as per the last three games. Then be pinned to Norwood who recycles the ball from flank to flank. 

Wing backs protect the overload Sheff U like in wide areas. 

Vardy and Barnes to expose the gaps Sheff U expose themselves too. See Vardy’s goal at Bramall Lane. The centre back system they employ leaves them prone to counter attack. 

They've got about 30 games of PL experience behind them now, it sounds great in theory but we have a defence that would get us relegated out and a midfield that has been overrun for the past couple of games out. Telling that Rodgers brought Iheancho off "to control midfield more" and has carried on in a system that will leave us vulnerable

Just now, RonnieTodger said:

In fairness to Rodgers, who do you play at left back other than Thomas?

Chilwell is out and I'm guessing Fuchs is injured. Justin already deputising for Pereira, so if you played him at LB, you'd be playing a makeshift RB anyway.

Really harsh on Kelechi though, don't get that at all.

I dont think Thomas is the big issue really, it's that back 3 lol

This formation gives Luke Thomas that extra added experience behind him. We’ll play deep but with width. Allow JJ and Thomas to get forward and support the attack.

They’ll have space behind the flanks, as that’s the best chance to get at them. 

We’ll need the midfield to get into the box to support Vardy though.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

Ah yes Hamza who plays RB regularly in first team football or Bennett who has little to no pace. Why not give the highly rated 19yr old LB an opportunity? 

Yeah mate so highly rated he's not played a minute of football at 19. You don't throw in random kids in a massive game, but my point is more revolved around 7 defensive players out of 11 at home, it's negative shit like when Puel was here. 

15 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Have a back 4. Play Justin at LB where he's comfortable and then play Bennett at RB. It's makeshift no doubt, but surely it's a better option than throwing a young kid who's never even played a League Cup match before into the deep end?

You can't possibly want a tanker like Bennett as a FB.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1