Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

Just now, Stevosevic said:

Personally just think Chelsea and Man United have better squads than us so over a full season it counted. 

We ran out of steam I guess although I actually think we've been a bit unlucky post lockdown

The Watford game obviously springs to mind that last minute goal really has a big impact looking back at it now. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Swiss_tony said:

Eh?

Wolves will go into next stage of the unfinished Europa League For 2019/20 once the Premier League season finishes on Sunday - they may well have their minds on that rather than trying to expend too much against Chelsea

1 minute ago, Mcfc fan said:

The Watford game obviously springs to mind that last minute goal really has a big impact looking back at it now. 

The injuries haven't helped at all either. 

Vardy had a knock Jan to March. Ndidi was out/not fully fit for a similar period.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mcfc fan said:

If I was in charge I can assure you I'd lend you those lads for a game against that lot. 

Serious question for all Leicester fans here, Do you think Rodgers has a large part of the blame due to the drop in form or is it down to the injury situation? Asking this question because their is always question marks about Rodgers ego.

The injuries are a smoke screen. They didnt happen until well into our poor form.

Rodgers seems intent on pulling off a masterstroke with tactical decisions and wants to be the centre of attention far too often for me.

Biggest example being taking off a striker for a midfielder when we are absolutely cruising Bournemouth because "they were getting joy down the sides". They'd had 1 shot from 25 yards.

Yet if we win it 1-0 all the pundits talk about is him. Happens far too often for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Stevosevic said:

The injuries haven't helped at all either. 

Vardy had a knock Jan to March. Ndidi was out/not fully fit for a similar period.

You've had more than your fair share of injuries this season and to all your main lads. 

At the end of the day on Sunday it's a one off game at home against a side that's gone off the boil in recent weeks,  Time to take the game by the scruff of the neck and get the result Leicester need.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mcfc fan said:

If I was in charge I can assure you I'd lend you those lads for a game against that lot. 

Serious question for all Leicester fans here, Do you think Rodgers has a large part of the blame due to the drop in form or is it down to the injury situation? Asking this question because their is always question marks about Rodgers ego.

A bit of both but overall Brendan has done a great job IMHO. As @Stevosevicsays, we have a relatively small squad and it's caught up with us and we've had some shit luck. We've tended to play some great football, not score as many goals as we should (or score at all) and then fall apart when we concede a goal. Bournemouth was a good example, we could and should have been 0-4 up at half time, instead we're only one up, concede the stupidest goal imaginable and then the rest is history.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Wolves will go into next stage of the unfinished Europa League For 2019/20 once the Premier League season finishes on Sunday - they may well have their minds on that rather than trying to expend too much against Chelsea

We were questioning his assertion that Wolves cannot finish 6th. Which is rather wrong.

• Like 1

You've had more than your fair share of injuries this season and to all your main lads. 

At the end of the day on Sunday it's a one off game at home against a side that's gone off the boil in recent weeks,  Time to take the game by the scruff of the neck and get the result Leicester need.

Exactly. Well said. If we win this, all the crappy performances that the team have given in 2020 are irrelevant. It’s a massive opportunity.

Edited by Hammo
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, Gamble92 said:

The injuries are a smoke screen. They didnt happen until well into our poor form.

Rodgers seems intent on pulling off a masterstroke with tactical decisions and wants to be the centre of attention far too often for me.

Biggest example being taking off a striker for a midfielder when we are absolutely cruising Bournemouth because "they were getting joy down the sides". They'd had 1 shot from 25 yards.

Yet if we win it 1-0 all the pundits talk about is him. Happens far too often for me.

Anytime I've watched Leicester I have to fully agree with you on Rodgers I think he tries to change too much tactically and tries to take too much of the limelight.

Their was a large period I felt really sorry for Chilwell especially in the City and Liverpool ģames, He was happy to leave Chilwell exposed constantly with 2 v 1 and never changed it. I don't get him sometimes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Hahahahaa securing 6th means no qualifying rounds for the EL, unlike if they finish 7th, which they'll loathe to have to do again if they can help it. Their target will be win on Sunday and then the bonus of trying to win this seasons EL and walking straight in to the CL instead. 

As crap as we have been.....had ALOT of luck with other results along the way.

Its destined for ecstacy...or despair.

Im staying pessimstic, chelsea will be losing on sunday and we'll be drawing.

Rodgers to play safe and stifle us by subbing a forward for a defensive player.

Just now, pmcla26 said:

Wolves should be up for the game against Chelsea. If they lose Sunday, Arsenal win the FA Cup and they go out of the Europa then potentially no European football for them next season. 

I know all of this. It all becomes academic, of course, if Wolves win the EL.

Guest Fktf

When Villa were a comfortable prem side, I told a mate of mine that supported them that he'd never really experienced being a football fan. Not that he wasn't a die hard fan back then, just most the games he ever watched had nothing riding on them. Not like - say - the emotion of facing relegation to league one, or having to beat local rivals to get into the playoffs, on the last day of the season. These are days that watching football is all about - regardless of the outcome.

But obviously we need win so that summer isn't completely ruined. 

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

Exactly. Well said. If we win this, all the crappy performances that the team have given in 2020 are irrelevant. It’s a massive opportunity.

Exactly. All will be forgotten with a Leicester win and will go down as a very positive season for Leicester.

First goal is the big one, If Leicester do get it then United have to come out of their comfort zone and the Lindelof and Slabhead ect will to play with a high line which will suit Gray, Barnes and Vardy down to the ground. 

Dont really want to think about the other lot taking the lead. 

Just now, pmcla26 said:

If they finish 7th and Arsenal win the FA cup then they won’t make the Europa at all, still something to play for for them Sunday. 

Yes good point, but even if 7th didn't guarantee EL qualifying rounds due to Arsenal in the FA Cup you'd still expect them to want to win and secure 6th so they have that banked for next season. I think they will cause Chelsea all sorts of problems, I'm more confident they'll win than we'll get a result vs Man Utd.

We lost our right back in March, our left back in the first game after lockdown and then lost our left back replacement in the second game. We'll have a rookie 19 year old starting and a loanee centre back that can't get near Wolves first team. I reckon that even Man City would struggle losing 3 of their back 4.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Hammo said:

One of the biggest games in our history.

What an opportunity for the players -and manager - to become Leicester City legends.

If they can’t get up for this game, they can’t get up for any game.

We are at home. The city is in lockdown. All the neutrals - if not the media - are with us. Seize the day and please, for once, give absolutely everything. Look how hard Villa fought for their win v Arsenal last night. That’s the kind of effort we need to see. For 90 minutes. Make Man United sweat, turn their defence, play smart, avoid unforced errors and take our chances.

Do not bottle this. Do not let us down.

Get yourself down the KP to give the team talk!

2 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

We lost our right back in March, our left back in the first game after lockdown and then lost our left back replacement in the second game. We'll have a rookie 19 year old starting and a loanee centre back that can't get near Wolves first team. I reckon that even Man City would struggle losing 3 of their back 4.

We struggle at the back with our proper backline lad never mind losing them :)

Have you watched Otamendi and Stones together :)

Edited by Mcfc fan
Mistake
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Not wanting to be pedantic but Chilwell didn't get injured until the 4th league game after the restart and Fuchs between the 6th and 7th league game. 

• Like 1