Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

1 minute ago, mod hero said:

I’d move Justin to left back and play perhaps Hamza on the right. I just feel the stakes are too high to play the kid in this.

He will be a fantastic player for us in years to come and has a cracking left foot already. He played well against Sheff Utd but wasn’t tested really. Spurs closed him down very quickly and he got caught for a couple of the goals.

Like I say, he won’t have faces anyone like Greenwood before and he is on fire for Utd at the minute.

Fair enough and their front 3 is frightening but Hamza on the right worries me more than Justin there/Thomas LB. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It's a fine balance though. Being attack minded means sitting higher up the pitch, which will be suicidal with our back line and their front line, as it was against Tottenham.

We can still be positive in our play, but we have to make sure that back line doesn't creep up the pitch.

Agreed but likewise playing tippy tappy crap right infront your own penalty area, side to side and backwards rarely moving forward as we have been doing for a long time now is just as suicidal of not more so imo.

Whether it’s out current back line or our strongest back line, it’s just not productive, it does half the work for the opposition and any team just waits for us to make a mistake like a pack of wolves.

Edited by Matt

3 minutes ago, mod hero said:

I’d move Justin to left back and play perhaps Hamza on the right. I just feel the stakes are too high to play the kid in this.

He will be a fantastic player for us in years to come and has a cracking left foot already. He played well against Sheff Utd but wasn’t tested really. Spurs closed him down very quickly and he got caught for a couple of the goals.

Like I say, he won’t have faces anyone like Greenwood before and he is on fire for Utd at the minute.

He probably has. They're about the same age so no doubt would've rubbed shoulders in the academies or on England duty. 

9 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It was interesting watching West Ham last night. They had Rice (no relation) follow Fernandes around when he was in the final third. If he dropped deep or out wide to collect the ball Rice let him go, knowing that he's of no danger there, but the minute he stepped into that final Rice was on him. He didn't press aggressively, just stopped Fernandes playing the ball into a dangerous areas. If Fernandes tried a one-two then Rice would follow him, rather than the ball.

A lot of people on here suggesting we should do the same with Choudhury, but I don't think Rodgers trusts him. I'm not sure I do either. He's too laid back and often seems to really struggle to concentrate in matches. It's more likely we'll have Praet in there doing this sort of job.

Was also noticeable that Fernandes got really frustrated by West Hams tactics and the attention of Rice.

Let's hope Brendan has learnt something from that match.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Bert said:

I wonder if we might go like this 

Kasper 

Justin 

Morgan

Evans 

Hamza

N’Didi

Tielemans

Thomas

Perez

Vardy

Barnes 

Either way, not scared of them on the basis of their last two performances. We can beat them. Ignore the scoreline from the Tottenham game, we have been the better side in our last two games we have played. We have a very good record at home. Let’s be positive, go for the win. We can’t rely on getting a draw in the hope Chelsea lose. 

I think this will be the line up. It is probably the strongest 11 we could field at the moment. 

14 minutes ago, Ricey said:

It was interesting watching West Ham last night. They had Rice (no relation) follow Fernandes around when he was in the final third. If he dropped deep or out wide to collect the ball Rice let him go, knowing that he's of no danger there, but the minute he stepped into that final Rice was on him. He didn't press aggressively, just stopped Fernandes playing the ball into a dangerous areas. If Fernandes tried a one-two then Rice would follow him, rather than the ball.

A lot of people on here suggesting we should do the same with Choudhury, but I don't think Rodgers trusts him. I'm not sure I do either. He's too laid back and often seems to really struggle to concentrate in matches. It's more likely we'll have Praet in there doing this sort of job.

I think Praet suffers with that too. I can recall a few occasions where Praet has let runners go. It is probably the most important decision if he switched to a three.... Who plays that third role? Perhaps Mendy? In a three he might be able to do the job of sticking to Fernandes, no real need for him to do anything else, leaving Wilf to press and Youri to sit spraying Filthy passes everywhere. Starting Wilf and Mendy together in a three will probably be ore productive than a two? 

34 minutes ago, mod hero said:

Looking at these lineups and a lot have Thomas at Left back.

surely this game is too big for him? Up against Greenwood I think he’s gonna really struggle. 

BR will have the personnel to take Thomas out of the firing line which may be his preferred option in such a big game. 

That will mean a back three of Bennett, Evans and Morgan with Albrighton and Justin as wing backs. 

Happy to keep it tight and still be 0-0 on the hour mark before throwing a bit more caution to the wind. A back three probably means a more compact central midfield and Barnes on the bench ready to test tired legs in the last half hour. Lots of difficult decisions for BR pre match and this team doesn't pick itself like it did earlier in the season.

Referee: Craig Pawson.

Assistants: Richard West, Nick Greenhalgh. Fourth official: Tony Harrington. Replacement official: Chris Isherwood.

VAR: Darren England. Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton.

Sunday 26 July

31 minutes ago, Bert said:

I wonder if we might go like this 

Kasper 

Justin 

Morgan

Evans 

Hamza

N’Didi

Tielemans

Thomas

Perez

Vardy

Barnes 

Either way, not scared of them on the basis of their last two performances. We can beat them. Ignore the scoreline from the Tottenham game, we have been the better side in our last two games we have played. We have a very good record at home. Let’s be positive, go for the win. We can’t rely on getting a draw in the hope Chelsea lose. 

I like that system as it can just as easily be a 4-3-3 as a 3-4-3 and if everyone covers the space well it could cause Utd problems, it's certainly the 11 players i'd choose to start.

46 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I've not only resigned myself to Europa League but I've also resigned myself as to how it happens. Basically for a dodgy call to screw us over late in the game. 

Probably not the worst attitude to have.

I've been trying to give myself a similar mindset that we've qualified for the Europa League and blown the CL which I'm now at peace at. We do have one last out though if we can just muster up one last effort and beat Man Utd. Like that boxer with the big right hand but losing the fight with a bad cut and the fight may be stopped anytime now against a very elusive boxer. Keep swinging that big right with a Hail Mary and who knows what might happen?

46 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

We cannot be worried defensively, doesn’t matter if we concede a goal we have to win the game, the onus should be on our attacking players, and being ruthless in front of their goal.

Rodgers need to ram that down their throats.

Just over 5% of PL games end 0-0, there more than likely will be a goal at some point one way or the other. There is no need to chase the game until the last half hour. I think it's more important to be still in the game than to panic and make it a basketball game.

Edited by Gerard
  • Like 2

All of these shit results from Man U and Chelsea makes me even more depressed how we've let it slip from our hands. So many games you can look back on and think we only needed 6 points to be home and dry! Ahhhh.

Going to be depressing watching us have 70% possession against united and losing 1-0 from a counter attack 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Referee: Craig Pawson.

Assistants: Richard West, Nick Greenhalgh. Fourth official: Tony Harrington. Replacement official: Chris Isherwood.

VAR: Darren England. Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton.

Sunday 26 July

Actually just seen on another site it’s 

Leicester City FC (First Team) v Manchester United FC (First Team)
Premier League    
Referee: Atkinson, Martin 
Assistant Referee: Betts, Lee 
Assistant Referee: Hatzidakis, Constantine 
Fourth Official: Langford, Oliver 
Reserve Assistant Referee: Merchant, Robert 
Video Assistant Referee: Tierney, Paul 
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Kirkup, Peter

Dont know who I’d prefer in all honesty lol 

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I like that system as it can just as easily be a 4-3-3 as a 3-4-3 and if everyone covers the space well it could cause Utd problems, it's certainly the 11 players i'd choose to start.

Yeah that’s another good point, it’s a very interchangeable system/formation. We need a horrible bastard in the middle of the park snapping at them. Hamza’s about as good as we’ve got in that regard. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

United may look dead on their feet, but this is a one hit game. I think Olly will send them out firing, he will say that they can win the game in the first 30 minutes. We will probably have to weather a storm initially, and I can't see us doing it, not with the back four we have at the moment. It Sunday is not the day we will throw away the CL, losing to Norwich and drawing with Watford and Brighton was. I think United will end up getting a few early goals and kill the game by half time. I really, really, really hope we can, but I can't see it, United are far too strong, and will get by on their talent. We are not even in a dip, we are on our arses, and unfortunately we have no fight in us. We are there for the taking for any team with some grit in them. 

Pretty much agree with this. There's no way United won't score at least 2 and I don't see any way we will score at least 3. Their legs might have gone a bit but our heart and sole seems to have vanished. The never say die spirit our team used to have just isn't there any more. Like you I really hope we can win but I just don't see it.

10 minutes ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Actually just seen on another site it’s 

Leicester City FC (First Team) v Manchester United FC (First Team)
Premier League    
Referee: Atkinson, Martin 
Assistant Referee: Betts, Lee 
Assistant Referee: Hatzidakis, Constantine 
Fourth Official: Langford, Oliver 
Reserve Assistant Referee: Merchant, Robert 
Video Assistant Referee: Tierney, Paul 
Additional Video Assistant Referee: Kirkup, Peter

Dont know who I’d prefer in all honesty lol 

6 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

https://www.premierleague.com/news/1733631

Martin Atkinson is the Referee, he’s a Leeds fan so hates Manchester United :D

They must have changed it then, they might have been wrong in first place lol

Tierney is the ref that didn't give the De Bruyne handball, I think. 

But gave the one against Pogba last night...?