Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

34 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Referee: Craig Pawson.

Assistants: Richard West, Nick Greenhalgh. Fourth official: Tony Harrington. Replacement official: Chris Isherwood.

VAR: Darren England. Assistant VAR: Nick Hopton.

Sunday 26 July

Oh well. That's that then.

We need to keep it compact and stay in the game rather than opening up.

If we concede first were done for. Problem is our defence is far too weak, it’s hard to see how we can compete.

Kasper

Justin Morgan Evans Thomas

Hamza Ndidi Tielemens 

Barnes

Nacho Vardy 

Think our best hope is too play cagey and try and knick the lead but make sure half time is 0-0 at the worst.

Get Hamza around Fernandes and Barnes in the hole will cause them problems.

Think defensively Man Utd are pretty water tight so you need to get bodies up, can’t just punt to Vardy so I’d play Nacho.

Stay in the game and if we’re chasing late on bring Gray and Perez on and go for it, if winning play 4411 bring Praet on and play alongside Hamza Ndidi and Tielemens and stick 2 banks of 4 with Gray and Vardy as the outlets.

• Like 1

when is the press conference? It's all mind games but I think Frank Lampard really rattled Ole & United the other day by calling them out for their dodgy VAR decisions. Hopefully we don't hear any of this 'man utd are a fantastic club, unbelievable history, we're so tiny in comparison!!!' nonsense that Brendan came out with for the away game.

23 minutes ago, Shane said:

when is the press conference? It's all mind games but I think Frank Lampard really rattled Ole & United the other day by calling them out for their dodgy VAR decisions. Hopefully we don't hear any of this 'man utd are a fantastic club, unbelievable history, we're so tiny in comparison!!!' nonsense that Brendan came out with for the away game.

Of course he will, Rodgers is all nicey, nicey. I think he is bothered by what others think of him, so I can't imagine him getting into mind games. 

If I'm Rodgers I bring up the VAR thing again for sure, it's a lot harder for them to make favouring calls to a team when a lights being shone on it.

That being said, I feel like Sky just play any controversial decisions down that could go our way. The commentators barely mention them and there are no replays. I still can't get my head around how the disallowed Iheanacho goal vs Arsenal wasn't talked about at all. 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Pliskin said:

United may look dead on their feet, but this is a one hit game. I think Olly will send them out firing, he will say that they can win the game in the first 30 minutes. We will probably have to weather a storm initially, and I can't see us doing it, not with the back four we have at the moment. It Sunday is not the day we will throw away the CL, losing to Norwich and drawing with Watford and Brighton was. I think United will end up getting a few early goals and kill the game by half time. I really, really, really hope we can, but I can't see it, United are far too strong, and will get by on their talent. We are not even in a dip, we are on our arses, and unfortunately we have no fight in us. We are there for the taking for any team with some grit in them. 

Glad your not doing the team talk.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Steve Nicol has spoken.......

'Leicester defensively are an absolute shambles. Three of the back four are going to be missing again, so I don't see how they keep a clean sheet'

Has Sean slipped him the line-up already? 

7 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

'Leicester defensively are an absolute shambles. Three of the back four are going to be missing again, so I don't see how they keep a clean sheet'

We are not as much as a shambles as Chelsea defensively and their back 4 is full strength.

More to the point, who the fook is Steve Nicol and why does anyone care what he thinks?

3 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Rodgers never gets in any beef with the oppositions manager, he should accuse Ole of some outrageous scandal. 

Rodgers is too nice. He needs to become more of a **** if hes ever going to be a success. You very rarely get anywhere being nice. That's why he flops on all the big games, too much respect. Sometimes you have to be an arrogant shit. 

Sit in let the game develop, better to be 0-0 with 10 minutes to go, then 2-0 down at half time. 

Justin Morgan Evans Thomas 

Ndidi Mendy

Perez     Tieleman  Barnes 

Vardy          

• Like 3

4 hours ago, Pliskin said:

United may look dead on their feet, but this is a one hit game. I think Olly will send them out firing, he will say that they can win the game in the first 30 minutes. We will probably have to weather a storm initially, and I can't see us doing it, not with the back four we have at the moment. It Sunday is not the day we will throw away the CL, losing to Norwich and drawing with Watford and Brighton was. I think United will end up getting a few early goals and kill the game by half time. I really, really, really hope we can, but I can't see it, United are far too strong, and will get by on their talent. We are not even in a dip, we are on our arses, and unfortunately we have no fight in us. We are there for the taking for any team with some grit in them. 

15 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Glad your not doing the team talk.

I've just reread that with BR's voice doing a team talk 5 mins before the off on one of those fly on the wall documentary things. lol

• Haha 2

Got a horrible feeling that Chelsea will be drawing towards the end of the game. Then Wolves get a winner while we're still drawing as well. Full time at Stamford Bridge. Which would be enough to get 4th for us. 

Then Utd score and it's defeat clutched from the jaws of victory >_<.

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, Gerard said:

There's something quite liberating knowing that we have to win this match. When a draw is as good as a win you go into the game with a totally different mindset trying to defend what you already have.

I really feel we've won the first psychological battle already and especially now we've dropped out the top four for the first time in an age. We don't have anything to defend here and they do with the added pressure that the dynamics have changed and they're now the hunted rather than the hunters with their 4th placed spot.

For me this almost feels like we've already blown it and we needed 7 off the last ball but the bowler has bowled a no ball and we're back in the game with 7 needed off a free hit and one more ball. Bring it on I say. 

I agree. No complications for us and the pressure is firmly on Chelsea and United. No doubt we'll be playing like it's a cup final and we will be going for it. Psychologically it's a massive help to us and BR knowing we must win and therefore we aren't thinking about all the permutations. Should make it straight forward for us tactically. 

35 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

Not conceded in the league at home since February.

• Haha 1

Most important thing is to start well. If we go a goal down early and the game gets stretched we have no chance. We need to be a bit more savvy than against Spurs when our wing backs were caught way up the pitch and the back 3 were exposed. Presume it will be a back 4 this time so annoying that we have so few choices at the back.

However  I think United will be nervous and the longer it remains 0-0 the more chance we have.I can see Tielemans or Perez setting up something during the game for Vardy or maybe Barnes will break his goal drought or something will deflect in . 1-0 will do and I wouldn't be surprised if Wolves get something at Chelsea so I draw could be enough you never know.

• Like 1