Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

1 minute ago, Koke said:

They looked lethargic and leggy. Plus they aren't that good. 

We can turn these over if we actually decide to turn up for once. Get the first goal and we're rolling.

We get a first goal man utd are going to have to come at us which I think will help us out 

8 minutes ago, Grebfromgrebland said:

They'll kill us on the counter attack. They'll lure us out then score early. 

They might do this 3 or 4 times as we chase the game. They'll do what Spurs did but better.

How often do we beat Man Utd?

Agreed. This game could play out very similar to the spurs one.

4 hours ago, nnickn said:

I agree with surrifox, the bias is just so blatant with any var penalty decision concerning Liverpool and Man u.

You can guarantee that if the ball contacts a City hand in our box, Man U will be given a penalty.

Does anyone honestly believe that reversed, the same is true?

The bias is so evident for the big 6 in general. It's the amount of times they check for things against us that made me realise it. Vardy's goal at Arsenal, they looked for everything in that not to give it. 

I don't think it's bias in terms of they want the big 6 to win. I think it goes back to the Fergie era in terms of intimidation. If you give a decision against Man United, it's spoken about by pundits ,and more importantly, their manager for days. If it's given against us then it's spoken about a bit after and then never again. It's bound to make officials subconsciously more likely to give decisions for the bigger sides. 

Expecting 2 central defenders with Man Utd initially chasing a win and then settling for a draw as time progresses. It's going to a be a fscinating 90 minutes. Fully expect A&E to get a few heart patients in come 6pm Sunday...

13 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

1.  I want to believe.  

2.  Anything is possible.

3.  We can still do this.

It’s in our hands but it’s incredibly difficult, it’s blind hope more than faith, however I still think we can scrape it.

• Like 2

if Marc is fit then we have a shot at it 

JJ in a back three with Wes and Jonny 

marc RWB

luke LWB

centre mids wilf and hamza

three behind vards 

barnes. YT   Perez 

plsy a bit narrow to force them down the flanks - we should be able to defend crosses in 

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Still can't believe we're in this f***** position. 

It’s an absolute travesty from the position we were in but we are still here and it’s in our hands, even if we’ve got fairy liquid on them and Parkinson’s disease. 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

I want to have confidence but I dont.

Can't see us scoring let alone winning.

We lack that winning mentality and we have 4 key players out.

But miracles have happened before i guess 

Just got to go for it..no playing 6 defensive midfielders please Brendan 😂

The prize is there for the taking.  We know exactly what we need to do.  

I just don't want to finish the game with regrets.  If we go for it and don't make it, then fair enough.  But if we start Ndidi and Choudhury together and don't make it, then I will be massively disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Motty said:

Most important take our chances

We had enough against spurs and Everton as well as bournemouth

This is the thing for me.

Our results would be very different if we finished our chances recently. Even versus Sheffield United we fluffed several one on ones.

Just do it for one game at least.

I know we shouldn't settle for Europa League but imagine if this was a game where if we didn't win we'd be out of Europe spots altogether. 

I keep telling myself that to try and alleviate my nerves for Sunday lol

11 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

if Marc is fit then we have a shot at it 

JJ in a back three with Wes and Jonny 

marc RWB

luke LWB

centre mids wilf and hamza

three behind vards 

barnes. YT   Perez 

plsy a bit narrow to force them down the flanks - we should be able to defend crosses in 

Playing without a goalkeeper?

• Haha 2

Really hard to know how to setup. We have to win but I don't think we can just play our normal game and expect to do so with so many players out.

I think we have to try and stay compact and force United wide. I think we can manage to deal with balls into the box. They're dangerous in the penalty area both in terms of getting a shot off and also running at defenders and drawing a penalty so we really have to try and prevent them attacking the box. They're also threatening from range but I think you have to trust in Kasper to handle that.

I expect we will play 3-4-3 again and against United I think this is probably our best bet. United use a fairly rigid double pivot and I'd like to see Vardy and whoever the other striker is, I'd go with Iheanacho, sit on Matic and Pogba. That lets Ndidi deal with Fernandes and means we don't need to play a second defensive midfielder, especially as Morgan likes to step out of the defensive line to close down.

If we can throttle them in midfield and force the wide attackers to the touchline we might negate them. Then we would need to move the ball purposefully to try and get at their weak areas. Wan-Bissaka tends to sit tight to the centre backs so I don't think we'd get as much joy in that channel but Brandon Williams looks a weak link at left back and I'd really like to see dangerous balls played into that channel for Vardy and the third attacker (which has been Perez but I think maybe I'd play Gray) to chase.

It's going be a tough one.