Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfcfoz

Man Utd home

I'm hoping sunday Brendan is going to go "surprise" and out come Chilly, Madders, Ricardo etc...... They haven't been on social media much so maybe it's all a smokescreen! You can but dream! 😂  In all seriousness I'm quietly confident we can get something from this. Their defence isn't great - target Maguire! 

Go out all guns blazing! If we are going to lose then at least bust your guts doing it, if we lose and let them have the win I'll be really disappointed in them! 

Edited by Hales
  • Haha 2

Circumstances have changed a lot since the first meeting, when sitting back and respecting them too much was a huge mistake.  They've added a hugely significant player.  Their second half form is great, ours is terrible. They're pretty healthy, and we're decimated in the back line.  The way to approach this game is to absorb pressure and try to exploit their vulnerability to quick counterattacks.

I would go something like A 4-1-2-1-2.  Justin-Morgan-Evans-Albrighton (or Thomas if he's still out)-Ndidi-Praet-Tielemans-Perez-Kelechi-Vardy.  We wouldn't have much width but that gets us the maximum number of our healthy players in their best roles.  Praet and Tielemans together in midfield behind Perez in the #10 role gives us the best chance of not totally being starved of possession in the middle of the pitch, and two guys who are capable of executing long through balls to the strikers.

18 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If we sit deep and respect this Man United side and go out with a whimper I'll be sick.

If we bring the game to them, Rashford will destroy our high line. Their entire game right now is better when they're counterattacking. If we do press them hard we'll end up like against Spurs, or worse.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, casablancas said:

I have a rather large dilemma. My lodger is a Utd fan ... and actually from the bloody city too. What do I do! I have My doubts about being able to watch the game but then can’t not lol  Jesus I hope for this house’ sake that wolves do us a favour @TheBear pls pls pls lol 

I pray for a Vardy hatrick but I genuinely won’t be able to hide my joy and I think he’d not appreciate that lol  jokes aside tho ... I fear a VAR controversy, maybe see us having a nats dick off side or summat. God I hope I am wrong. 

You haven't got a big dillema there...if He's a utd fan...And from manc...fair play....used to work with a lad from Salford....Just Shake hands!

My ridiculous, omen-led football brain sees the 5-3 result today, days before our biggest game in 4 years, as a sign that some sort of destiny is about to unfold.

Whether that's us drawing the game to pip Chelsea, rekindling the memory of THAT result with a win against Man Utd. to re-announce ourselves to the world, or the Mancs burying that demon to sh*t on our dreams and send us to play some farmers in Lithuania is a mystery to me.

Heart says 2, head says 3, chaotic neutral element of my ballsack says 1.

Edited by OntarioFox

4 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

If ole has any sense (starting to think he has a bit) he'll get them to sit back and soak up our 'pressure', and have pogba and Fernandes as a 2 pronged qb combo pinging balls over the top for martial, rashford and greenwood as a front 3. If United play this way I just don't see how we get anything from the game. 

I've been saying all season Ole was better than he was bring credit for.  It's not like he's been working with Klopp or Pep's talent pool.

Since United is through with a point, they should feel no pressure to take the game to us.  That's not good.

33 minutes ago, filbertway said:

If we sit deep and respect this Man United side and go out with a whimper I'll be sick.

I feel the same. I hope we will be going all out for nothing other than 3 points! It would be gutting to see us put in a pathetic performance considering united gifted us a lifeline last night. 

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

If we bring the game to them, Rashford will destroy our high line. Their entire game right now is better when they're counterattacking. If we do press them hard we'll end up like against Spurs, or worse.

Agree 100%. We need to sit and soak it up this game. It's not negative thinking, it's reality. Man Utd. are a "break with pace" team nowadays, same as Spurs - and we all saw what happened when we made the suicidal decision to play with a high line of geriatric centre backs and a game-starved loanee.

Their goal against West Ham today was class to be fair, pulled the defense apart in a tight spot, so that's always a danger, but if you can nullify those passing triangles by actually getting a foot in as they did the rest of the match, they're not too dangerous.

And honestly, their backline is gash. If Vardy is fired up, he has a field day ahead of him, especially if Maguire is halfway up the pitch pretending to be a midfielder as usual. They're VERY vulnerable to a counter-attack, same as us.

I could see this game being a weird turgid affair mostly played out in midfield until someone loses the ball in a more advanced position. The moment one of us springs a counter, joy will be had.

• Like 4

Having just looked at some United fans' reactions post their match to West Ham, I'm suddenly filled with a small amount of hope where before there was none. They're apparently dead on their feet, all their players are very tired. If Pogba and Fernandes are ineffectual, that's a huge weight lifted off our shoulders.

42 minutes ago, OntarioFox said:

Agree 100%. We need to sit and soak it up this game. It's not negative thinking, it's reality. Man Utd. are a "break with pace" team nowadays, same as Spurs - and we all saw what happened when we made the suicidal decision to play with a high line of geriatric centre backs and a game-starved loanee.

Their goal against West Ham today was class to be fair, pulled the defense apart in a tight spot, so that's always a danger, but if you can nullify those passing triangles by actually getting a foot in as they did the rest of the match, they're not too dangerous.

And honestly, their backline is gash. If Vardy is fired up, he has a field day ahead of him, especially if Maguire is halfway up the pitch pretending to be a midfielder as usual. They're VERY vulnerable to a counter-attack, same as us.

I could see this game being a weird turgid affair mostly played out in midfield until someone loses the ball in a more advanced position. The moment one of us springs a counter, joy will be had.

That’s why I think you need Praet out there.  Of all our options he has the best knack for the long pass that bypasses the midfield and picks out a quick strike threat.

• Like 3

52 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

That’s why I think you need Praet out there.  Of all our options he has the best knack for the long pass that bypasses the midfield and picks out a quick strike threat.

Agree, again!

He's been one of the really inconsistent performers since the restart, which is a concern for me - which one turns up? But there's some class in those through balls. I know it was against weak opposition, but his pass during the move for Nacho's goal against Brentford was a perfect example of what he's capable of.

Either Vardy wins this for us or someone loses it for us. Someone loses it for us if we set up to soak pressure. We’ll give away a soft pen (nailed on). 

It’s time for the boys to step up and show where they need to be playing. If we were 17th and the players were playing for their contracts, I’d probably be more confident. N’Didi, Youri, Vardy, Kasper... it’s your day. 

If Chelsea go down a couple early against Wolves, that’s when you could see fatigue become a factor for Manure.  Knowing they don’t need a result it may be hard to keep their heads up.

Edited by Deeg67