Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

How much £££ for BR in transfer window.

2 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

On average we spend £80m during a summer window. I think that plus £20m by getting rid of dead wood hopefully! Then the fun begins. We a quality centre back and two quality wingers!! 

Not unless we sell one of Chilwell or Maddison 

2 hours ago, Abrasive fox said:

Theyve got billions, and haven't put anything into the club for a while. I think we're okay.

Don’t know if true or not but do we also have the Thai Royal Families’ money too - someone I work with who used to play for City’s Reserves and coach at Belvior Drive state’s that that was the case.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

On average we spend £80m during a summer window. I think that plus £20m by getting rid of dead wood hopefully! Then the fun begins. We a quality centre back and two quality wingers!! 

No chance, unless Chilly goes but he’s injured and there’s value for money elsewhere at left back. 

8 minutes ago, Heymister2015 said:

We do spend £80m every summer! 

We sold Kante, then Drinkwater, then Mahrez, then Maguire. So the net spend was low when looking at transfer fees going in and out.

Combining the current economic climate with the high probability of us not selling a player for big money this summer means we are likely to see a lot of disappointed fans this transfer window, we are really not likely to spend big money this summer. 

Edited by GingerrrFox

It’s gonna be a very weird and uncertain transfer market. I ideally every club wants to get the most for their rejects and pay the least for the desirable star players. Nothing new there however with no signs of fans coming back quick clubs coffers are drying up some faster than others. Even the likes of the glazers will be spending less. For our club I reckon there will be several plans in place. One thing for sure is we keep our best players no matter what! If chilly willy really wants to go and Chelski really want him than a fair price will be negotiated. Rogers said “I’m not sure” when asked on radio about the sale of him yesterday.

we’ve got a player in Thomas (despite his costly mistakes yesterday) so keep blooding youngsters like him. Bennett needs to go back to wolves he’s not good enough. We played him out of desperation. We need to strengthen all around. I say pick off the good players from teams getting relegated for the right price.

Call me stupid or thick or whatever but can't we spend big this year with a little help from slim and silva type sales etc. and create an "upgraded squad" fit for our position and then offset this over a number of years via sponsorships and player sales when needed. But keep that "enhanced top 4-8 position squad" going?

21 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

Call me stupid or thick or whatever but can't we spend big this year with a little help from slim and silva type sales etc. and create an "upgraded squad" fit for our position and then offset this over a number of years via sponsorships and player sales when needed. But keep that "enhanced top 4-8 position squad" going?

I think with a year left on each of their contracts realistically in todays climate the best we can hope for is someone to take them on loans to get them off the wage bill. Dont think we will be getting a fee though. 

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Still think chilwell or Maddison will end up leaving. That’s going to bring between 60-80 million. Obviously we need another forward, creative wide player and centre back. 

Matter of interest where do you think Maddison could go, his performances do not merit a move to a ‘so called big club’

I would suggest. He needs a really strong full season here if he wants to get a big move rather than playing in fits and starts.

9 minutes ago, Ian S said:

Matter of interest where do you think Maddison could go, his performances do not merit a move to a ‘so called big club’

I would suggest. He needs a really strong full season here if he wants to get a big move rather than playing in fits and starts.

Chelsea or Man Utd. I do think it’s more likely chilwell will go. 

I’m just going to put this out there could Silva do a job for us next season on the bench with extra games and valid European experience that we’re lacking in our youthful squad.

Will he fit into our system a little more under Rodgers and his fitness being a lot better than before?

I haven’t really kept track on him, How has he been getting on whilst on loan? 

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, steflcfc said:

I’m just going to put this out there could Silva do a job for us next season on the bench with extra games and valid European experience that we’re lacking in our youthful squad.

Will he fit into our system a little more under Rodgers and his fitness being a lot better than before?

I haven’t really kept track on him, How has he been getting on whilst on loan? 

Not got a single goal or assist in 2 years I read the other day, breathtaking.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ian S said:

He had done nothing to merit a move to either, not sure what makes you think otherwise.

Being better than Luke Shaw is a start.

59 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'm not buying it that we have spent the Maguire money on agents fees and Rodgers contract, hahahaa that's one of the most scandalous things I've ever heard. If we had then why were we bidding nearly £30m for Demiral? 

Me either, we were clearly on course to spend some of that money! But the drop in cash flow and the inability for King Power to inject cash probably means this horribly boring predicament is probably not too far away from the truth and the club are being cautious. :nono:

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not got a single goal or assist in 2 years I read the other day, breathtaking.

I’m very surprised by that stat, I wouldn’t have guessed that.

After his debacle move with us and struggling with playing catch up, I thought he might show glimpses of the player we were signing at the time whilst being away.

Just thinking he could be a better option with experience we need off the bench or to see games out rather than some of the options we currently have.

Even if we got 1 good season out of him may be better than paying money, if money is tight in the summer.