Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

How much £££ for BR in transfer window.

I've been thrilled and overwhelmed with how we've achieved as a team to be labelled now as a Top 6 club. 

Regardless of the last half of the season which hasn't been great, we still have so much to look forward too as our club grows. We have arguably one of the best (if not the best) training grounds and a stadium extension to look forward too. 

My question to you guys is considering our financial status, how much money is BR likely to be given in this short transfer window. Also given how our club grows slowly with transfers, whether Rudkin has the resources to pull off 3-5 decent signings whilst moving on players on loan like Slimani and Silva, and other players surplus to requirements at the club.

One thing for sure is that we need more signings than we usually do, and that's going to cost.

I’m fairly sure you’re not gonna get a figure. Guess it might depend on any significant outgoings and where we finish in the league/what competition we’re gonna n next season. With COVID it’s also a strange market to call, less money, less movement? Who knows, we just have to wait and see I think. 

I thought we were selling BR for a second!

Perhaps if you'd have put Pennies instead of £££s it might have seen even more true.:P

2 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Tops money comes from airports.

£0 to spend. Anything air travel related is shot.

Do we actually use Top's money now I thought it was all down to profits and loans. Certain they said the aim was to be self supporting.

• Like 4

It'll be the same as every summer window. We will be able to spend ~£40m, then anything extra will be funded from sales.

I'd be stunned if we spent anything groundbreaking this year, we just don't have the income.

Edited by Beechey
  • Like 4

5 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Still think chilwell or Maddison will end up leaving. That’s going to bring between 60-80 million. Obviously we need another forward, creative wide player and centre back. 

They are both injured, Chilly until October so wouldnt pass a medical!

4 minutes ago, winteriscoming said:

Still think chilwell or Maddison will end up leaving. That’s going to bring between 60-80 million. Obviously we need another forward, creative wide player and centre back. 

Rather spend the £60-£80 million on expanding the stadium. I don't think we'll need to spend massively on players just to keep up with the other top half PL clubs (as they most likely won't be). 

4 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Rather spend the £60-£80 million on expanding the stadium. I don't think we'll need to spend massively on players just to keep up with the other top half PL clubs (as they most likely won't be). 

I worry for us if we’re thinking like this. Can’t rest on our laurels. We do this and we’ll end up in a relegation battle. If you think I’m talking nonsense look at our form since xmas. We crumble when there’s a small amount of pressure on us. Second half of the season we’ve failed to beat - Burnley, brighton, Bournemouth, Norwich, Everton, Watford, Southampton. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

£60 - £70 million is my guess. Hopefully we can spend it wisely. 

Brendan has already said we need more attacking players, so a quality striker and a winger are hopefully the priority.

Then perhaps more cover in Midfield/Defence.

We have a top class team, but we don't have a top class squad. Squad depth becomes extremely important as the season goes on.