Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

How much £££ for BR in transfer window.

2 x wingers, 2 x CB's, 1 x forward vardy style and 1 x cam like Grealish. Minimum we need. Trouble is how much cash? And no Bennett either. 

BR will want to quickly move the team onto the next level next year and ive no doubt that the owners are aware of that and gave him their blessing when they signed new contracts. 

We have to spend big if we want to finish high up the table next year with the demands of European football.

6 hours ago, UHDrive said:

2 x wingers, 2 x CB's, 1 x forward vardy style and 1 x cam like Grealish. Minimum we need. Trouble is how much cash? And no Bennett either. 

BR will want to quickly move the team onto the next level next year and ive no doubt that the owners are aware of that and gave him their blessing when they signed new contracts. 

We have to spend big if we want to finish high up the table next year with the demands of European football.

Well that maybe what we need but to get quality in all those positions you're looking close on 200 million and we sure won't be spending anything like that unless we sell a couple of players.

I’d say as a minimum 1 cb, 1 winger and a striker.

obviously more would be great If we managed to get rid of squad players. And also versatile players would be a smart move. You mention grealish, and that would be ideal whilst I think it’s complete dreamland, someone who can play out wide and centrally would be smart.

Not realistic and not going to happen in a million years.

2We have 25 squad places.  We have some good players.  We will probably retain 19 of our current squad; that means there is room to recruit up to 6.  I think Thomas and Dewsbury-Hall, as U21s need to be in next season's squad to give numbers if there are to be 9 on the bench.  Presumably, Justin will be one of the 25 next year.

Three keepers:  Scmeichell, Ward, Jakupovic/Iversen

Defenders (8 or 9):  Perreira, Justin, Chilwell, Fuchs, Evans, Soyuncu.

If any of these leave, they need replacing.  We need a player who can play at right back until Perreira has recovered, ahead of, or as back up to Justin. Thomas does not count as one of the 25.  Benkovic can return.  Bennett is not what we need and is Morgan too old?  Unfortunately, Amartey looks like he is done here. We need another central defender, preferably with a bit of pace.  We either need a right back and central defender  or a player who can cover both positions.

Midfield: (6 or 7) N'didi, Choudhury, Tielemans, Maddison, Praet

I assume Mendy will go.  I can't see James being in the 25.  Dewsbury-Hall can be available.  We need to bring in at least one player who will probably be back up.  It may be that Knight might do a job Iin  the squad (would Matty James have done as well at Peterboro?)

Forwards (7ish):  Vardy, Barnes, Ienacho, Perez, Albrighton and possibly Gray.

Hopefully, we can make a marquee signing of a right winger.  We could bring in another central striker.

Six would be a lot of players to bring in.  When all of our players are fit, we have a strong team.  Two big signings and other sensible signings seems to be what we need.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Bin off Congers and go out and get Macia back

Without Congers we might not sign Andros Townsend and Phil Jones tho

Edit Somehow saved over my old post with this one no idea what happened

Edited by lgfualol
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

But that'll ruin Congerton's contract talks with Andros Townsend and Phil Jones

lol What about Scott Sinclair. He'll be the winger we're after.

On 23/07/2020 at 14:57, UHDrive said:

not a chance are we spending that much. 2 wingers that are PL standard= £70-£100m 2 CB's= £50m 1 striker=£30-£50m and  CAM of grealish quality at least £60m. At the very least that's £200m. 

26 minutes ago, LCFCJ said:

not a chance are we spending that much. 2 wingers that are PL standard= £70-£100m 2 CB's= £50m 1 striker=£30-£50m and  CAM of grealish quality at least £60m. At the very least that's £200m. 

I agree. But looking at our squad as a whole and with our aspirations of retaining and becoming a top 6 club next year, then that's what we need.

18 minutes ago, UHDrive said:

I agree. But looking at our squad as a whole and with our aspirations of retaining and becoming a top 6 club next year, then that's what we need.

With such a big outlay along comes the increased wages.Not going to happen.The club will continue to try and recruit the half hidden gems of the French,Belgium and Portuguese leagues and hope for our youth to come good.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UHDrive said:

Yes but we need to be smart and find value signings, that work, like Jonny Evans! 

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Does anyone know the difference in cash between Europa and CL as a ball park? 

Just done abit of research and not sure if it’s 100% accurate but what I can see is you get an initial €15.25mil for group stage of Champs League and €2.7mil for a win and €900k for a draw. In the Europa league it’s an initial €2.92 for the group stage, €570k for a win and €190k for a draw. Quite a big difference. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Messi said:

Just done abit of research and not sure if it’s 100% accurate but what I can see is you get an initial €15.25mil for group stage of Champs League and €2.7mil for a win and €900k for a draw. In the Europa league it’s an initial €2.92 for the group stage, €570k for a win and €190k for a draw. Quite a big difference. 

I checked this the other day. Finishing group stages 4th and dropping out entirely still nets you about £17 million if you scrape two draws. I looked at some of last year's/ this year's (not sure what day it is anymore) groups and there's not as many whipping boys as you expect.

So we could certainly expect at least 1 win and a draw in groups, so maybe closer to £20 million for us.

To get that in EL you need to be getting to semi final really.

2 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

I checked this the other day. Finishing group stages 4th and dropping out entirely still nets you about £17 million if you scrape two draws. I looked at some of last year's/ this year's (not sure what day it is anymore) groups and there's not as many whipping boys as you expect.

So we could certainly expect at least 1 win and a draw in groups, so maybe closer to £20 million for us.

To get that in EL you need to be getting to semi final really.

You’ve missed the country tv bonus pool which is the serious money ...........

• Like 3

31 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Rough estimate would be reaching the last 16 in both comps 

CL £50m

EL £12m

beyond the last 16, the gap gets wider .....

Given that participation usually knocks 4 league place off then we would be better focussing on out pl podition and securing cl next season