Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

How much £££ for BR in transfer window.

1 minute ago, UniFox21 said:

With Maguire though, United had some weird fantasy that he'd come in and be some weird superhero after his England performances. Didn't help that Woodward is pretty woeful. Can't argue with Mahrez however. 

Yeah upper clubs do seem to miss the irony of them buying our players for huge money and wondering why we stick around at the upper end. 

Can actually see Wolves being raided over us initially this time. 

LBs are hard to find, would be tough to replace him properly initially at least. 

But I think the myth of Chilwell isn't far off the myth of Maguire. Outside of Leicester I think he genuinely is viewed as one of the league's best left backs. People see his pace and his direct running and the fact he starts for England. 

They don't see his woeful lack of positional sense or ability to concentrate on where the right winger is for 90 minutes. 

It's all about perception isn't it. 

• Like 2

The window as a whole will be interesting. I can see a lot of loan deals being done with a view to permanents. It is going to be very interesting.... And I'm sure @Ric Flair will agree, possibly a good opportunity to raid clubs like AZ and some of the French teams, where prices don't seem to be too extreme. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

The window as a whole will be interesting. I can see a lot of loan deals being done with a view to permanents. It is going to be very interesting.... And I'm sure @Ric Flair will agree, possibly a good opportunity to raid clubs like AZ and some of the French teams, where prices don't seem to be too extreme. 

I'd agree,  I think its going to be a unusual window.

8 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

I'm not so sure actually. Maddison has done nothing of late to have a big money move elsewhere. Chilwell is out likely till end of pre-season and the injury could still plague him afterwards. Neigher warrant the type of figure we'd want for them. 

Maddison has been one of our best players this season. I don't think he dipped massively at all but its just that the teams form has overshadowed this. Regardless, he's been consistent enough throughout the season, for clubs to know his qualities. He'll be a wanted man for sure, but there is no doubt we will be tough negotiators if any offer comes in. 

Chilwell has been highlighted by man clubs as the solution to their left back problem and only injury imo will prevent him from moving this summer imo. 

On 20/07/2020 at 16:13, pmcla26 said:

I think whatever we have will be proportional to what our position was in the market before hand. No one has benefitted from Covid (apart from Chelsea) 

The Corvid situation will have the highest impact...Owners wont have that Financial flexability...

The infection areas from Overseas players,and those prepared Not to visit their  homes,if deemed necessary.That will hold back some big name signatures...

to hold parity,er would Need improving put First Team Quality & squad Plus Cover quality.We Need more Quality from our long time young players.

Players like Kaputska etc have to find their Way into the First Team thinking...

13 hours ago, Finnegan said:

But I think the myth of Chilwell isn't far off the myth of Maguire. Outside of Leicester I think he genuinely is viewed as one of the league's best left backs. People see his pace and his direct running and the fact he starts for England. 

They don't see his woeful lack of positional sense or ability to concentrate on where the right winger is for 90 minutes. 

It's all about perception isn't it. 

Indeed. Some would say too many Leicester fans perception of Chilwell is blinded by an irrational and long-standing hatred and they can’t see that he is actually is one of the best LBs in the PL.

But 70 million for Maddison?  I think the Maguire money was ridiculous but that would blow it out of the water.

13 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Indeed. Some would say too many Leicester fans perception of Chilwell is blinded by an irrational and long-standing hatred and they can’t see that he is actually is one of the best LBs in the PL.

But 70 million for Maddison?  I think the Maguire money was ridiculous but that would blow it out of the water.

Not sure if you did it deliberately or not but I think you missed my point. 

I don't think anyone other than a few fringe internet weirdos has an "irrational and long standing hatred" of any of our starting players, that's just ridiculous hyperbole. 

He kops for a fair bit of flak because he's prone to some awful defensive errors. 

52 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure if you did it deliberately or not but I think you missed my point. 

I don't think anyone other than a few fringe internet weirdos has an "irrational and long standing hatred" of any of our starting players, that's just ridiculous hyperbole. 

He kops for a fair bit of flak because he's prone to some awful defensive errors. 

Interesting he's PL stats have him down as only 1 errors leading to a goal in 99 games, not sure how that stats is complied, I know stats are only tell half the story.

On 21/07/2020 at 10:27, Finnegan said:

Not sure its a complete myth, hes stats are decent in attacking sense, 4 goals, 9 assists in 99 games is pretty decent, his defensive stats also stack up. Robertson in the best left back in the league, then there Digne, Mendy  etc 

The fact that there aren't many great left back int he league and being English push him up the list.

i think the big name to go will be chilwell 

combine that with the maguire money 

plus i expect we could offload 

slimani-

silva- 

diabate

mendy

gray

albrighton

nacho 

james 

even possibly choudary 

while we might not get huge sums for most of them it will be them off the wage bill but you have to say if we had 50m left over from harry sale and get 50m for chilly its quite feasable  we could get another 40-70m for the rest based on the fact grey and nacho on the list 

bring in a new cdm to cover wilf and 2 quality wingers and a left back and striker with a box to box midfielder coming in 

could we get those with the cash coming in ? maybe not but we might not need to add much to it 

1 hour ago, coolhandfox said:

Interesting he's PL stats have him down as only 1 errors leading to a goal in 99 games, not sure how that stats is complied, I know stats are only tell half the story.

I assume those stats are based largely on giving the ball away and not losing your marker or allowing a cross because those things are subjective. 

You'd want to look at the number of goals and assists that come down our left that we concede. 

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I assume those stats are based largely on giving the ball away and not losing your marker or allowing a cross because those things are subjective. 

You'd want to look at the number of goals and assists that come down our left that we concede. 

Where do you find the stats for that?

To be honest, I think we have a pretty well balance back four, we have only conceded 39 goals in 37 games, with a host of them coming in games were we have had at least two of the regular missing. 

We have struggled in the big games, but most of the time that been due to like of defensive work by forward wide players allowing fullback to be double team.

I also think we have use our fullback differently over the last few season, we have gone from really defensive fullbacks (Fuchs, Simpson) to very attacking fullbacks.

I think to improved defensively I think we need a another defensive player alongside Ndidi, who better on the ball then a Mendy.  

33 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

slimani-

silva- 

diabate

mendy

gray

albrighton

nacho 

james 

even possibly choudary 

while we might not get huge sums for most of them it will be them off the wage bill but you have to say if we had 50m left over from harry sale and get 50m for chilly its quite feasable  we could get another 40-70m for the rest based on the fact grey and nacho on the list 

bring in a new cdm to cover wilf and 2 quality wingers and a left back and striker with a box to box midfielder coming in 

could we get those with the cash coming in ? maybe not but we might not need to add much to it 

So sell 10 players and bring in 6. 

That makes sense to bulk up our already threadbare squad.

I think you need to stick to Fifa. 

Edited by themightyfin
  • Like 1

34 minutes ago, dorsetboy said:

slimani-

silva- 

diabate

mendy

gray

albrighton

nacho 

james 

even possibly choudary 

we dont play with wingers.

On 21/07/2020 at 10:14, Finnegan said:

Eh, I'd argue Maguire had done little to warrant his fee to be honest. You could also argue Mahrez form had dipped before he was sold and they still spent a lot, for them, on him. 

Transfer fees are about what someone's willing to pay in context and what the seller can afford to say no to. 

I personally think, given covid, we'll need the money and given the depth of our squad we'll need to buy. 

So I'm pretty sure a first team player will leave but it'll probably be for the same inflated rate we sell everyone to one of the same top four clubs that seem to have a hard on for our development. If we can get 40+ for Chilwell I can see it happening, full backs shouldn't be too expensive to replace. 

Madders would still be worth 70+ IMO, I'd be amazed if we settled for much less given he's the beating heart of our team. The only way we'd fold and let him go for less is if he plays hardball with his own contract negotiations.

I agree with that and I would guess that part of the reason a contract hasn't been signed yet would be that he and his agent may have been stalling to see whether or not we did actually qualify for the Champions League  and you can't blame them really. The same might go for any other player which is entirely reasonable in the circumstances from a purely career and business point of view. 

There will be money to spend. Our owners aren't that daft to sink it all into the training ground. How much? we will have to wait and see but depending on how we finish this season Rogers may get a welcome cash boost. I just hope he spends it wisely. He can't afford to cock it up that's for sure!