Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UHDrive

How much £££ for BR in transfer window.

1 hour ago, davieG said:

Do we actually use Top's money now I thought it was all down to profits and loans. Certain they said the aim was to be self supporting.

You're right, with FFP it's pretty much impossible for owners to pump in money that they've no hope of getting back.......well, unless you can hide it under the patio for 5 years then it's perfectly within the rules.

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, Vestan Pance said:

You're right, with FFP it's pretty much impossible for owners to pump in money that they've no hope of getting back.......well, unless you can hide it under the patio for 5 years then it's perfectly within the rules.

Our shirt and stadium sponsorships are up for renewal soon, right? Would have thought with a team semi-regularly getting into European competitions, the income from them could be justifiably higher.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Spudulike said:

Rather spend the £60-£80 million on expanding the stadium. I don't think we'll need to spend massively on players just to keep up with the other top half PL clubs (as they most likely won't be). 

...rather strange way of looking at this!!!

Upgrading the stadium now would make little sense, the revenue we would receive from more gate receipts is nowhere near the monies can could be garnered by qualification to the Champions League.

The monies for the upgrade will be from our final position in the league a top 6 finish would give us the finance we would need in order to meet the stadium requirement.

An investment in the squad this summer, especially a pacy  Right Winger would have more or less alleviated the problems we encountered this season with deep lying teams.

Any investment in the ground,  against investment in the squad, at this moment, would be foolhardy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Loans and Free agents are realistically where we are looking unless we can shift players which is looking less and less likely. I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again but the below are very real issues:

1) New Training ground

2) Us still trying to comply with FFP

3) King Power being severely affected by COVID-19 

4 minutes ago, Abrasive fox said:

Lot of European clubs quite skint, could be interesting to see how it works. The PL clubs are generally quite financially secure. Valencia have put their whole squad up for sale

I think there will be some bargains to be had as clubs look to slash there wages bills.

Not many leagues have a TV deal like the PL, having no fans will effect some clubs massively!

27 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

Then I think you will be very disappointed.  For someone to go for the money we would want there has to be a buyer. 

Assuming net spend will therefore include the £80 million from sale of Maguire. And if what you're saying is true, which seems feasible, then we'll look at cashing in on Chillwell, so assuming we'll have room to spend a little within a deflated market. 

6 minutes ago, Lesta Legend said:

Assuming net spend will therefore include the £80 million from sale of Maguire. And if what you're saying is true, which seems feasible, then we'll look at cashing in on Chillwell, so assuming we'll have room to spend a little within a deflated market. 

My point being no club is going to pay what we want for Chillwell in a deflated market.

The Maguire money went on the  BR contract and agents fees took half of that and we would not have got all the money up front anyway.

Your not going to see any of the Maguire money.Its done. 

Frees and loans are going to be 90% of the transfer business in the market this year i would think and we will be no different. 

Clubs will be concentrating on securing players on long term contracts rather than risking money in the market i would think. 

Our net spend will be minimal. 

Without Champions League football I think we'll spend considerably less than people think in the current climate. I think we'll treat the Europa League no differently than the League or FA Cup as a top Premiership position will again the main objective. I would suggest that even including any sales money, we won't spend much north of 50m. Without sales about 25-30. I think a lot of similar size clubs will be reluctant to spend big as there is a very real possibility that football will be halted again and revenue streams will potentially be lower.

Without Champions League football I think we'll spend considerably less than people think in the current climate. I think we'll treat the Europa League no differently than the League or FA Cup as a top Premiership position will again the main objective. I would suggest that even including any sales money, we won't spend much north of 50m. Without sales about 25-30. I think a lot of similar size clubs will be reluctant to spend big as there is a very real possibility that football will be halted again and revenue streams will potentially be lower.